Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NEW NYPD Contract Deal Reached

16 posts in this topic

Quoted from www.nyc.gov

MAYOR BLOOMBERG ANNOUNCES TENTATIVE AGREEMENT WITH THE PATROLMEN'S BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION

By End of 4-Year Deal, Top Pay Will Be $91,823 Before Overtime

Agreement for Police Officers Provides Over 20% Increases in Compensation, Including Almost 17% in Salary

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Patrick J. Lynch, President of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association (PBA), announced that a tentative contract settlement has been reached with the PBA on a collective bargaining agreement covering the period from August 1, 2006 through July 31, 2010. The agreement, which is subject to ratification, covers over 23,000 police officers. This settlement marks the first time an agreement has been reached across the bargaining table with the PBA since 1994.

MORE:

http://www.nyc.gov/portal/site/nycgov/menu...=1194&ndi=1

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice

Congratulations to the NYPD!

Edited by jack10562
copyright notice acknowledged. ;-)

So does pay while in the academy stay the same or does that raise too?

Academy goes up as well. We're getting closer to where we want to be. very surprising

4% is pretty good given today's economy. Were there any givebacks? Was medical touched?

No givebacks, all take backs. Increase in vaction time to 13 days for officers at 3,4 and 5 years. No more weapons requalification on vacation day/rdo, increase in longevity pay, and pilot program to eliminate confinement to home while sick. Would have to stay home (while sick) only during your tour, not at all times as it currently stands. Medical we already have a choice of several plans, from no cost such as GHI and HIP to plans you pay several hundred every pay period, (Empire Blue Cross). Also a one payment into our Health and welfare fund (Union pays for dental/eye care).

Edited by grumpyff

Sounds too fishy. Like Bloomturd knew if you went to PERB again it would be 5's across the board! I hope its as good as it seams, I would like a raise too!

Roof. Fishy or not. It didn't cost the PBA millions of dollars in "expert" fees to go up to Albany to agrue the EXACT same points with PERB. Every time the PBA has to go to PERB. The union is nearly bankrupted. Whoever said 4% for this economic time is pretty good is damn right. With the city track record over the years. It's lucky they weren't throwing out their usual zeros and 3's. Take it and RUN!!!

Longevity pay, and health and welfare is also linked to future wage increases. In return, the PBA will drop 6 lawsuits against the city. For the a better look at the pay scale : NYCPBA.org

Edited by grumpyff

This is a great contract for the NYPD. It is always better to settle (for a fair contract), than to go to arbitration and this is a great compromise to get the NYPD "on track" to where they should be. I hate to say it but more importantly, this will give the NYPD better and more qualified recruits to insure the future of one of the best Police Departments on Earth. Good luck brothers!

Congradulations to NYPD, you guys earn every penney of it. Now if us poor saps at FDNY EMS could get a livable ontract that would be fantastic.

Longevity pay, and health and welfare is also linked to future wage increases. In return, the PBA will drop 6 lawsuits against the city. For the a better look at the pay scale : NYCPBA.org

What were the lawsuits for?

i just got my retro pay check today!!!

Congrats to the NYPD! Now I'm REALLY thinking about the test...

Here's to hoping my union and EMS can get what's coming to us. Best of luck guys. Stay safe.