Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbvfd596

Open Houses

7 posts in this topic

With Fire Prevention Week getting closer I was wondering what departments do for an open house? I have heard of dept's doing hands on demonstrations, ( extrication's, and simulated kitchen fires). Is delivering simple fire safety messages to your residences better than showing them what their tax dollars pay for? Would it be more beneficial to the people attending open house to learn how to change their batteries instead of watching firemen climb ladders? Also, has anyone heard of having a recruitment, and or donation table there?

Speaking of which, who has them this weekend?? I feel another out and about coming on...

New fairfield Fire prevention day will be this sat at the school nect to company a firehouse. big event all day long bring the kids!!!!!!!!!!!

Ardsley is doing a Recruiment Open House Tomorrow starting at 1900.

Croton on Hudson FD is Sunday 10/5 from 1300 to 1700, it does normally include stove fire demonstrations, recruitment table, a fire store and 4 or 5 events the kids must do for a fire truck ride. Also includes refreshments. It is held at the Harmon Firehouse. And by the way we never would think of setting up a donation table after all this is all about fire prevention.

Also this weekend is the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial weekend at the NFA, this year Deputy Chief Joe Piazza Briarcliff Manor FD will be one of the honorees/remembered brothers.

Fire Truck Rides before someone asks the Village gets a special rider on the insurance for this and the children must ride in the enclosed cabs.