Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

Larchmont Multiple Alarm Fire 1987 Photos

9 posts in this topic

These Pictures Dated January 1987 Were Taken At A Multi-Alarm Mutual Aid Fire On Palmer Avenue In Larchmont.

post-409-1224299508.jpg

post-409-1224299547.jpg

PORT CHESTER patrol 4 and tower ladder 2 in on the 3rd alarm for that box! Side street worked for hours threw the night.

I think this was the Houlhans Restaurant Fire. I was there as a kid watching from Larchmont Ave and Palmer. Ang.. got to get my cousins 8x10 black /white pictures of this fire .. great shots of AT2 and patrol!

I think this was the Houlhans Resturant Fire. I was there as a kid watching from Larchmont Ave and Palmer. Ang.. got to get my cosins 8x10 black /white pictures of this fire .. great shots of AT2 and patrol!

The restaurant's name was Marty Doyle's. It start in a pan of cooking bacon. A grease fire in the kitchen.

The restaurant's name was Marty Doyle's. It start in a pan of cooking bacon. A grease fire in the kitchen.

For lack of an exingusher the kitchen was lost.

For lack of an ansel system the restaurant was lost.

For lack of a sprinkler system the building was lost.

When they rebuilt the building they added sprinklers, so they paid for it in the long run anyway.

Barry i am surprised you didn't correct Marc on that. It was JP Monahans Restaurant. The name changed to Marty Doyles when it was rebuilt.

I was at the Hommocks Ice Rink that day and i can remember seeing the smoke from there.

Edited by X307

That was the day the NY Football Giants finally beat the snot out of Joe Montana en route to the Super Bowl!! Missed the entire game because of the fire.

Barry i am surprised you didn't correct Marc on that. It was JP Monahans Restaurant. The name changed to Marty Doyles when it was rebuilt.

I was at the Hommocks Ice Rink that day and i can remember seeing the smoke from there.

I stand corrected.

Could not remember the original name (we enjoyed going there though) and after the rebuild we went once, and never went back (so the new name never was of importance to me).