Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

P'ville Engine 91 ALF To Be Scrapped

14 posts in this topic

Efforts to put Engine 91 on e-bay feel apart and it will be making its finial call this week. It will be going to Broookfield (scrap metal not CT). :sad:

Efforts to put Engine 91 on e-bay feel apart and it will be making its finial call this week.  It will be going to Broookfield (scrap metal not CT).        :sad:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! That is absolutely disgusting! The FD would rather send it to be cut up for scrap, rather than give it to a collector or keeping it as a department antique???

Oh, very very sad news!! But I guess you can't keep everything. It's just sad, once history is gone it is gone.

What is the deal with it's twin????

And another thing, is it in that bad of shape? Can't it be donated to another country that desperetly needs a piece like that, despite what kind of condition it would be in?

Donate it to someone else, a department somewhere in the US im sure can use an engine, im sure some of the equipment in rural america is in much worse shape than E 91.

Tried to have them give it to a needed dept or sell it. But our efforts failed and the powers that be decied this is what they were going to do. The antique association of P'ville has its eyes on 91 which is still in service and running fine and it a lot better shape. That and rescue 47 shold be coming up for sale when the new trucks come in. Will keep you all posted on that when the time comes.

Yeah. Look how much PR the FDs got when they donated that Engine, equipment and chiefs car to Arkansas(?) recently. I forget details but wasn't it a Millwood engine and an older EMS response vehicle for thier chief car and other departments stepped up and equipped the engine with gear? I hear the guys from Arkansas were in tears when they found out.

Is this the LaFrance that runs next to E-260 out of Hays Hose????

If so it is a crying shame that It's going to be scrapped. That rig would be a front line piece for 10 more years somewhere else... Just look at us giving (ahem selling) E-248 to Witts Spring's, AK... That rig is the best rig in the entire county now.

many companies in other nation such as south america are always looking for fire trucks. i know that fairview sold there old enigne to a country in the dominican repbulic i think that is where it was. it is my friend from work. he lives there in the winter and part of the fall and spring. he is always looking for new trucks to buy. he bought the old fairview truck himself and gave it to his village.

No that ia Eng 90 We are scrapping it's twin which rolled out of HQ. There is a lot of problems with it, the only goodthing is the engine and drive train. There is a lot of front end problems and steering problems. I'm pretty sure we wil be selling or donating 91 when it comes up for sale.

Just a thought..with all the devestation caused by the tsunami in southeast Asia, perhaps a department down there would be a good candidate for a donation. I know that cost might be prohibitive, but who knows, maybe the Red Cross or some other relief agency would be willing to step up to the plate.

Ahh.. Front end problems... Yes that was the big problem with our 1976 Century Cab LaFrance... The original E-247 that we let go in 1998. The best part of it too was the drive train... Detroit 8V92T.. Very Very powerful and still ran like a top.

Loved that rig !

Hey why don't you see about donating it to the Firemans Museum in Hudson.

It has already gone to Brookfield