Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYC*EMS Prop Car At Yonkers Movie Studio

15 posts in this topic

Noticed this classic sitting in the parking lot of the Yonkers Movie Studios on Tuckahoe Road. Always some interesting finds there, and I wonder what upcoming film this will appear in.

Also, did NYC*EMS even run Cadillac ambulances like this??

post-11-1225411416.jpg

Sorry, this ambulance was buried in a slew of other "time period" vehicles...who even owns these and where do they come from?

post-11-1225411534.jpg

Sorry, this ambulance was buried in a slew of other "time period" vehicles...who even owns these and where do they come from?

post-11-1225411534.jpg

those are for a new film coming out i think its called woodstock or it maybe a film called 23 those are the two movies being filmed at that location it is used by k-fx for stunts and other things

those are for a new film coming out i think its called woodstock or it maybe a film called 23 those are the two movies being filmed at that location it is used by k-fx for stunts and other things

or possibly left over from the taking of pelham 123 remake but i think that is two that lot is owned i believe by k-fx and they sublease it out

And now one sees the obvious here?

Uh......Ghostbusters? Haha

Cadillac/Superior, I'm guessing 1968 to 1970 in vintage. The bullet lights were a Superior trademark. If it wasn't for the sign over the rear door it could be one of the ambulances that my first volunteer ambulance corp use to run back up until 1982. NYC EMS never ran anything like this.

Not trying to show my age but Yonkers VAC used to run a Cadillac ambulance around 1973-1977. you would be suprised with the amount or room in them and the ride was pretty smooth, of course back then we did not have half the equipment that is required today

Some decent NYC*EMS photos can be seen at http://stevespak.com/spak/ems.html

Wow awsome photos from back in the day. While I never worked "pre merger" those photos still brought back memories. The uniforms may have changed but the game remains the same. I almost missed working for EMS for about 30 seconds.

I think the car to the right was from "Trains, Planes and automobiles"....

yea spoke with someone from that lot last night there also going to be filming gostbuster 4 there sometime soon

Ghostbusters 4? What happened to 3?

Seriously an movie about old Ghostbusters, that should be about as great as most sequels tend to be.

There is also a movie being filmed in Dobbs Ferry (I think that is where I saw them). When my daughter and I were driving around Tuesday, Haddad's was lined up along Rte 9 at a pretty cool looking park that I had never noticed before.

Ghostbusters 4? What happened to 3?

Seriously an movie about old Ghostbusters, that should be about as great as most sequels tend to be.

I was gonna ask the same question!!