Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Wassaic 225 Returns to WFD!

176 posts in this topic

Well good??? we re bringing it home to see what needs to be done to it, there are alot of guys that can do various things to it without any labor costs so if it looks as though we can manage it then the company will keep it, if not then a few of us will gladly take possession of it.

Well good??? we re bringing it home to see what needs to be done to it, there are alot of guys that can do various things to it without any labor costs so if it looks as though we can manage it then the company will keep it, if not then a few of us will gladly take possession of it.

Thats great, Use them while you can, and document everything you do, filter numbers, part numbers, and dates you did the work.

Put a photo book together

Thats great, Use them while you can, and document everything you do, filter numbers, part numbers, and dates you did the work.

Put a photo book together

Are you donating the paint????

A red truck in Wassaic again whats next a red one in Union Vale :lol: Nice Job Mark Let me Know if i can help

A red truck in Wassaic again whats next a red one in Union Vale :lol: Nice Job Mark Let me Know if i can help

Ahhh...Union Vale shall remain yellow......or we can just say we're not ripe yet...lol.

Try to keep it close to original as you can!! Good Luck with the restoration!

The nice thing about the rig is that everything that left with it is still on it, something like the hose obviously is no good but the straight tip 2 1/2" nozzles, fire extinguishers, ladders and on and on are still on it, helps out greatly.

We have a lowboy trailer lined up Thanks to Chief elect Boardman and the guy is on vacation next week so all looks good for a special home delivery for next week

Edited by markmets415

How far is it from Wassaic . good luck with it. Any help you need you can call, been doing it for 35 years now [restoring]. ;)

How far is it from Wassaic . good luck with it. Any help you need you can call, been doing it for 35 years now [restoring]. ;)

PCFD did you see that we are currently starting the project on the 35 Seagraves that we had obtained from Port Chester??? The FWD is not far at all, it is in the Beekman Fire District just over the line from Pawling so about 20 minutes or so from Wassaic.

Edited by markmets415

PCFD did you see that we are currently starting the project on the 35 Seagraves that we had obtained from Port Chester??? The FWD is not far at all, it is in the Beekman Fire District just over the line from Pawling so about 20 minutes or so from Wassaic.

Mark I'd like to see what condition the seagrave is in , if you got pics

I don't have any recent ones but me and the signman may be taking a day trip to Hartford to look at it again, you up for a ride?????

Im glad to see this guy finally cave and let someone have it. ive heard that people have offered to buy it and he always gave the cold shoulder. Some of our members way back made an offer and were rejected. I drive by it all the time and think to myself "man thats a shame to let a piece of history sit there and rust away" Im extremly glad to see it going back to its original home where it belongs!

On a side note, we have a 37 chevy that needs to have some work done to it. Maybe some of you with resto experience can lead us in the right direction. Its not all that bad but could use some TLC.

I don't have any recent ones but me and the signman may be taking a day trip to Hartford to look at it again, you up for a ride?????

:lol: You just lost 100 posts !!! NORTH HAVEN CT!!!!!!!!! <_<SPELL CHECK !!!

I thought it was Hartford, I spelled it right, just got the location wrong, 50 lashes.

I thought it was Hartford, I spelled it right, just got the location wrong, 50 lashes.

:rolleyes: HAVE OR HACE ??? POST # 102. THAT'S SPELL CHECK. MR MEMBER OF THE WEEK. :lol:

Hmm Post #102 doesn't have any spelling mistakes

Yes I know all about the 36 SEAGRAVE that you got back from OXFORD CONN. location. IT was offered to me but had to turn it down at the time. [to many trucks] I made sure they talked with you guys before the famliy went in a other direction, glad you are taken good care of her. JIM will do a good job and please no dimounds on the tires! :blink:

Hell ya !!!! Let me know when

Sure thing Craig, I will see what Signman's schedule is and see if we can find a common date, should be fun.

All the paperwork is completed and her journey back to Wassaic will be this weekend, weather permitting.

All the paperwork is completed and her journey back to Wassaic will be this weekend, weather permitting.

:rolleyes: Good job mark. Lets hope the weather will work for us. later.

I know it is only Tuesday but the extended forecast looks good for Saturday, we will make sure we take plenty of pictures to share of the trip home.

Edited by markmets415

Have a safe trip and hopefully i will be see it when it goes by the house!!!

Joe we will blow the air horns from the support vehicles on the way by.

Joe we will blow the air horns from the support vehicles on the way by.

I hope you got her out before the snow

Nope she is still there, our driver works for Dutchess County Highway so you know what that means. The guy called me this AM and said he went out and got two new batteries and put them in the cab for us, we will get her out.

Nope she is still there, our driver works for Dutchess County Highway so you know what that means. The guy called me this AM and said he went out and got two new batteries and put them in the cab for us, we will get her out.

:rolleyes: Mark, I called you, but you must of been playing in the snow. :lol: Got another date? later.

Edited by SIGNMAN