Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Wassaic 225 Returns to WFD!

176 posts in this topic

Congrats Guys!!!! It's nice to see that you got her home safe and sound! Good Luck!!!!

The best part of the day was trying to get off that 2000' of 2 1/2" that has been in the bed since we guess 1988 or so, it was all frozen too, tons of fun.

it was nice that you painted it green ( the hose) made it a christmas present for you guys :lol:

it was nice that you painted it green ( the hose) made it a christmas present for you guys :lol:

easy there Joe, remember I know where you live!!! :lol::P

All kidding aside, the hose was nasty indeed, there was some other colors other than green mixed in there too.

The best part of the day was trying to get off that 2000' of 2 1/2" that has been in the bed since we guess 1988 or so, it was all frozen too, tons of fun.

:rolleyes: The best part of the day was having her home!!! Thanks to all that helped!!!! SIGNMAN !!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by SIGNMAN

Good luck with your prize. Take your time, one step at a time and don"t take it apart. What engine is in her? Any help you need just call, be glad to help! ;)

Edited by PCFD ENG58

thanks for all the kind words and support.

"Does this old engine make my a** look fat?" LOL!

post-16297-1230495571.jpg

Nice brother I feel the Love

Congrats on getting her home, Nice picts

Congrats, guys! I wish there were more departments around who had that much interest among the membership (especially from the younger guys) in saving and/or preserving their "old iron". Way to go!

Looking forward to the restoration updates.

He had a guy visit the firehouse Tuesday afternoon after hearing about the rigs returning, turns out he restores old trucks as a hobby and he is going to take care of the door repairs (rust) for us as a donation.

The interest by the membership has far exceeded what I would have thought. I had a close to 50 year member (he was against this project) call me and wanted to know what he could do to help.

It's been great, so far (fingers crossed)

When looking at the pictures you will see some items missing, i.e., battery covers, lights lens, spotlights; we have all the pieces, well almost we are missing the 6' pry bar from the passengers side running board. Even the original nozzle for the booster reel was there.

We got laughing, after we got all hose off we checked the area forward of the hosebed and under the hose reel where we used to keep the brush fire brooms, yep under the debris/leaves they were still there, not is good shape but there. :o

Edited by markmets415

A short video provided by the Signman his daughter Marie, well mostly Marie, the signman did the recording but we needed someone to put it together, enjoy.

What size is the pump & tank? Looks like a 500 GPM pump (two discharges) Where is Wassaic located?

What size is the pump & tank? Looks like a 500 GPM pump (two discharges) Where is Wassaic located?

Right on the $$$ with the pump size, the tank is we think 300 gallons, it was custom made to make room for more hose several years ago and no one remembers the size, so it looks like maybe we may have to fill it 1 gallon at a time to find out :angry:

We are in Eastern Dutchess right on the CT. border about 45 mins or so North of Brewster on Rt.22.

Also welcome to EMTBRAVO

Edited by markmets415

Weight the engine empty then fill the tank, reweight @8.2 lbs per gal you will get your tank size. In one of the posts it said the DETROIT came to life, what motor is in it?

Weight the engine empty then fill the tank, reweight @8.2 lbs per gal you will get your tank size. In one of the posts it said the DETROIT came to life, what motor is in it?

4-53 series Detroit , originally it had a waukesha gas motor

No wonder it started, you can't beet a 2 cycle Detroit! ;)

Your the man , and my a** does not look FAT

Your the man , and my a** does not look FAT

Although it STILL did look like you were tryin' to steal that light/siren combo!

Although it STILL did look like you were tryin' to steal that light/siren combo!

He did have a leatherman in his pocket, I think when he noticed the crack in the housing he changed his mind. :rolleyes:

We were able to get alittle brake pedal back too.

No wonder it started, you can't beet a 2 cycle Detroit! ;)

Yeah that's what the crew said, they told me they would drive it out, I guess I should have believed them, it was pretty awesome to see it run and actually drive onto the trailer under her own power.

did you guys watch the video???

Edited by markmets415

A few updates:

The guys have the road to pump level free, the tank top was taken off and the tank looks great inside. The birdman says he will have it pumping this month.

How about a few updated shots to see the progress

How about a few updated shots to see the progress

I get some in the morning.

Any further updates on this, been several months ?