Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Old Mohegan engines never die...

22 posts in this topic

post-4429-1228621258.jpg...they go back to work in Florida

Man do I love those Wards!

The first fire engine I ever rode in was a '79 Ward in Millbrook....

Palm Coast has both of our old Wards still running frontline they are great could hear them coming a mile away

As MoFire mentioned you gotta love the sound of that engine coming

down the road, almost didn't need a siren. haha

I see in the back a lil clip of a Mack CF?

NICE!

that is correct Palm Coast bought 3 Mack CF's from a dept in LI

that is the old Engine 256 from Mohegan by the way

Anyone down that way, Palm Coast's house is right off 95, and Flagler County EMS has a house on the other side of 95 to the west of Palm Coasts house.

Now the other question is.. where are the twin Youngs (and are they for sale :P )

Thanks for posting the photo Q2BWail. Palm Coast Engine 222, former Mohegan 256 is a 1976 Ward refurbished by KME in 1989. It is assigned to our volunteers at Station 23 in the north section of our city. The 1986 Mack CF following E-222 is one of three Mack CFs acquired from the New Hyde Park F.D. L.I, NY. It is assigned to our volunteers at the new Station 21. The 1985, & 1984 Macks are waiting for two more fire stations under construction to be completed before being assigned. The Palm Coast F.D. is a combination department with three stations now and two more to be completed by March 2009.

Last I knew, the Youngs both went to a department in Wisconsin.

Edited by Howard Peiffer

Here is the Mack that was behind the Ward. Take good look at the driver. Anyone you recognize?

post-4429-1228689222.jpg

Here is the driver... can't miss that 'stash.

post-4429-1228689691.jpg

Anyone down that way, Palm Coast's house is right off 95, and Flagler County EMS has a house on the other side of 95 to the west of Palm Coasts house.

I'll be passing by on wednesday on my way up from school...might stop by

Turborich

The last I knew both of the young crusaders were out in Lindon Wissconsin havent been able to get a hold of a picture of them out there don't know if they are still in service or their condition if I hear anything I will let you know

Good eyes Angelo, but its not as cold as it is where you are. The Ward was driven by Joe Masters, ex-captain of Peekskill's Centennial Hose Co., we are the Westchester connection.

Here is the driver... can't miss that 'stash.

When he drives he works the lights and siren and when you drive he still works the lights and sirens. Well at least thats how it was when we road the ambulance in Mohegan. :P

Didn't Palm Coast have an International pumper at one time?? This is going back about 9-10 yrs. Last time I was down there.

When we were still part of the Flagler County fire service we had an International/KME pumper/tanker 1250/2500 which was sold after we became a city in order to purchase a Mack/Baker 75' tower ladder, which will be replaced next year.

Way to go Howie. Palm Coast FD is growing in a hurry! Good for you and my relatives in the "F" section. Be safe! EO :D

EMS Junkie

If your ever in the area let me know, I will show you around.

PCFD is a growing department! In the last 2 years I have seen it grow a lot.

I am orginally from Tuckahoe, NY. Member of Eastchester EMS and former volunteer with Eastchester FD. Was a volunteer with Palm Coast for 2 1/2 years and now a career fire fighter with them.

See here in this photo. Palm Coast Engine 242 was used this past Sunday, December 7 to allow Santa Claus to come and visit the homes of all the firefighters. This is an annual tradition where Santa will visit and bring a toy to the fire fighter families.

Might I add that is 1 good Santa right there! (its me)

post-10681-1228930686.jpg

Maybe we should sell you some rigs, you don"t have to change the lettering. Can you use a tiller? Port Chester Fire Dept [PCFD] ;)