Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WHFD318

West Harrison Buckout Rd. Barn Fire 12-29-08

24 posts in this topic

This is the Buckout Rd. Barn fire from 12-29-08. Fully involved Barn upon arrival with exposure problems and fire to adjacent house nearby.

post-3170-1230586675.jpg

post-3170-1230586684.jpg

post-3170-1230586695.jpg

post-3170-1230586707.jpg

post-3170-1230586719.jpg

post-3170-1230586731.jpg

post-3170-1230586741.jpg

post-3170-1230586755.jpg

Edited by WHFD318

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the property ownership, but what i had heard was the property was vacant for a while and was recently sold. Either way, defintly a junky place.

WHFD...

Was this the old Barrymore place? Old, rundown, abdonded, on the left hand side of the street if you were coming from Old Lake Street? and I see Pat is still Chief....

West Harrison: 2501, E-265, E-267, TL-9, R-35, U-25

Purchase (Relocate): E-240

Harrison PD

Harrison EMS

C & O Zone 2 with FM-16

Con Ed Electric

WHFD...

Was this the old Barrymore place? Old, rundown, abdonded, on the left hand side of the street if you were coming from Old Lake Street? and I see Pat is still Chief....

Not sure if it was the Barrymore place. This was on buckout rd off of old lake street.

How extensive was the damage to the adjoining house? Did it require any interior attack? And did the barn require any kind of interior attack?

Suspicious fire destroys abandoned barn, house in W. Harrison

By Richard Liebson

The Journal News

December 29, 2008

WEST HARRISON - A suspicious fire destroyed an abandoned barn and house near Buckhout Road and West Carriage Hill early today.

"It's a total loss,'' West Harrison Fire Chief Pat Galluzzo said of the blaze, which was reported at 2:30 a.m. and took 15 fire volunteers about 2 1/2 hours to extinguish....

http://www.lohud.com/article/20081229/NEWS02/812290385

How extensive was the damage to the adjoining house? Did it require any interior attack? And did the barn require any kind of interior attack?

Chief arrived to find the barn fully involved. The house suffered severe damage to the roof, in the eves and the corner of the building and room seen in the photos. Rear of the building was not really affected other than water and smoke damage. Either way, place is finished.

No FAST? 2 engines, 1 truck, and 1 Rescue for a fully involved with extension to adjoining? Is there something I'm not understanding here?

Chief arrived to find the barn fully involved. The house suffered severe damage to the roof, in the eves and the corner of the building and room seen in the photos. Rear of the building was not really affected other than water and smoke damage. Either way, place is finished.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

I heard barn fire in West Harrison and was a little confused!

Looks like effective use of Class A foam made quick work of this job.

Must've been the albinos.

LOL!!!!Where was North White? It was passed City of White Plains But i know North White goes up there alot. That street is crazy with all the depts that cover it. I beleive one or two houses are in Valhalla schools.

No FAST? 2 engines, 1 truck, and 1 Rescue for a fully involved with extension to adjoining? Is there something I'm not understanding here?

I heard the Town of Mamaroneck get dispatched as the FAST team but then get canceled by 2501 because is was a fully involved structure with no one inside.(per 60 control on Fire 15)

Edited by DaRock98

does anyone have the freq for fire 19 and so on

Vacant buildings knock down exposure fire and surround and drown unless there a water problem in the area

thanks for sharing, I missed them when they were posted, was the Class A foam applied with a CAFS or with a conventional foam system?

So i suppose when knocking down extension in exposures FAST is no longer necessary since nothing could go wrong. Right?

So i suppose when knocking down extension in exposures FAST is no longer necessary since nothing could go wrong. Right?

NO ONE WAS INSIDE IT WAS ALL SURROUND AND DROWN EVERYONE IS MAKING THIS FIRE OUT TO BE WAY BIGGER THAN IT WAS!!! THERE WAS NO NEED TO HAVE A FAST STANDING AROUND DOING NOTHING IF NO ONE WAS THAT CLOSE TO THE BUILDING

easy eng265. relax. The point people are making is that something can always go wrong. Here you have two very poorly maintained structures compromised by fire and water damage. At some point you are going to have to go in and perform overhaul. A firefighter in Brooklyn was recently hospitalized after a collapse during overhaul. This is not to say you need another dept standing by to provide your FAST, so long a you have a few members filling that role.

In my area of Dutchess, having a FASTeam on your scene is rare, actually non-existant.

IF they were available, i would LIKE to see them at scenes just as this...just in case. Regardless.