Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fdny2817

American LaFrance Restorations

30 posts in this topic

Pictures are of my 1950 700 Series ALF pumper restored in memory of FDNY Firefighter Paul Tegtmeier, who was killed on 9/11. A 1955 700 Series ALF 85' Ladder ( Old Hudson River State Hospital ) Now owned by the Fairview Explorer Post 17. The Engine to the right is a 1952 700 Series ALF pumper that originally ran as Engine 5, then Engine 7, with the City of Poughkeepsie FD. The Engine is now undergoing in-house restoration.

The picture was taken in front of the new public safety building

n1523396146_30134609_9054.jpg

n1523396146_30134611_544.jpg

n1523396146_30134619_7481.jpg

n1523396146_30134621_8983.jpg

Beautiful rigs. Thanks for sharing.

SO crazy how small rigs used to be, they almost look like toys

With the way are budget is going these may become first line rigs. <_<

That should be " With the way OUR budget is going these become first line rigs".

I was wondering if you do restorations professionally, or If you know anyone who does? My dept (upstate new york) has a rig that they are interested in restoring (it is significantly older) however we do not know how to begin the process.

FDNY2817,

Thank You for posting the AMAZING photos.

WOW.... The Old Rigs look great!

God Bless FF Paul Tegtmeier, FDNY

That should be " With the way OUR budget is going these become first line rigs".

Chief, you know we are only a phone call away, the rigs may be restored by I don't know about the driver LOL

I was wondering if you do restorations professionally, or If you know anyone who does? My dept (upstate new york) has a rig that they are interested in restoring (it is significantly older) however we do not know how to begin the process.

I suggest checking with your closest SPAAMFA chapter as they may have suggestions or even be able to help. Check the SPAAMFA website for the chapters:

National SPAAMFA Website

Hope this helps.

Duane

We are not pro's just learned as we went and we had alot of help. Let me know what you have and were it is, I will see what can be done for you

Very cool...are these rigs functional as well or just for show?

I believe they are, but I won't trust them with out pump testing , the ladder is fully functional

Got some beautiful rigs there guys!!!

I look forward to seeing more of your pictures posted on here!! ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pictures are of my 1950 700 Series ALF pumper restored in memory of FDNY Firefighter Paul Tegtmeier, who was killed on 9/11. A 1955 700 Series ALF 85' Ladder ( Old Hudson River State Hospital ) Now owned by the Fairview Explorer Post 17. The Engine to the right is a 1952 700 Series ALF pumper that originally ran as Engine 5, then Engine 7, with the City of Poughkeepsie FD. The Engine is now undergoing in-house restoration.

The picture was taken in front of the new public safety building

n1523396146_30134609_9054.jpg

n1523396146_30134611_544.jpg

n1523396146_30134619_7481.jpg

n1523396146_30134621_8983.jpg

:rolleyes: YES , All i have to say is , THANK YOU!! Great job !!!

Having done a couple of retorations myself. I can tell you its not easy, but well worth the effort. Have a good plan and double the amount of time you will need if your department does the job yourselves. There are restorers that can be found in Hemmings motor news, as well as SPAMFFA. Ask around and check references of these company's. Its hard to do especially on an older rig. What kind if rig is it? Are all the parts there? Good luck. The rigs shown here look great I've always liked the look of the 700 series American LaFrance. Great job with the restoration.

That is a beautiful fleet of American LaFrance 700's and very cool that you dedicated one in honor of FF Paul Tegtmeier. Thanks for sharing, will you be taking them on parades at all? Either way, outstanding work and all the best with them!

-Joe DA BUFF

thanks Craig for sharing, great shots, can't wait to see your work on our FWD!!!

thanks Craig for sharing, great shots, can't wait to see your work on our FWD!!!

I am ready let me at it !!!

I am ready let me at it !!!

How about a '54 Oren while you're at it too..:lol:

Poughkeepsie's pictured ALF 700 Engine was last in service at Hooker Ave. right?

Also didn't they have a 900 or Century series 100' rear mount in spare for a while? I knew they had the '85 Snorkel as well but I could swear I remembered seeing one.

Some cool rigs in Poughkeepsie over the years.. Thibaults, Lime Green Mack CFs, ALFS..

How about a '54 Oren while you're at it too.. :lol:

Poughkeepsie's pictured ALF 700 Engine was last in service at Hooker Ave. right?

Also didn't they have a 900 or Century series 100' rear mount in spare for a while? I knew they had the '85 Snorkel as well but I could swear I remembered seeing one.

Some cool rigs in Poughkeepsie over the years.. Thibaults, Lime Green Mack CFs, ALFS..

yea Joe Iam ready, The engine ran out of Hooker Ave as engine 7 and then was sold to the town of Poughkeepsie , the water department used it. The rear mount ladder ran as Ladder 2 and then went into reserve, At this time it was leant to Roosevelt FD, which used it until they purchased the old Arlington Ladder. ( Croft's Ford ) It was then auctioned off at the county Auto center. Chief Decker would be able to fill in the rest of your comments.

I remember the Mack ( old Engine 1) was turned into a tree trimer for the city,

Edited by fdny2817

Great photo's.They many be small but they got the job done.

Thats the biggest shocker - the size difference!

I wish I was around to experience the open cabs!

beautiful pics!!!!!!

Its amazing in 5 years the little differences that can be spotted on the rigs (ie the red lights) but cool

Thats the biggest shocker - the size difference!

I wish I was around to experience the open cabs!

We can see if we can get you a ride on the Seagrave during the next snow storm!!!! Just Kidding Frank would kill me.

We can see if we can get you a ride on the Seagrave during the next snow storm!!!! Just Kidding Frank would kill me.

:P YOUR RIGHT !!! :-)