Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cornwall Fire Dept new Heavy Rescue

38 posts in this topic

2008 Spartan chassis with rescue 1 body.8 man cab with walk around body.20ft light tower,3 hurst tools on officer side of truck an 3 hurst tools on driver side all preconnected.Walk up stairs in the back with compartments up top.All custom mounted tools an equipment.

post-15369-1231448737.jpg

post-15369-1231449012.jpg

post-15369-1231449023.jpg

post-15369-1231449030.jpg

post-15369-1231449037.jpg

post-15369-1231449129.jpg

post-15369-1231449138.jpg

looks very nice good luck with it... What type of tools (extrication)? Is it all LED or are the Red Mini bars to the side strobe? Are those Rappelling anchors? What are they rated....

Edited by EFFD4091-MLSS emt

Nice rig, very well designed, you can't beat a Rescue 1, we have one and love it. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with the it.

Is New Rochelle new rescue from the same company or different and would it be similar to this rescue or totally different? I believe New Rochelle new rescue is also going to be a Spartan but I am not postive just asking if anybody knows any more info please let me know thank you.

looks very nice good luck with it... What type of tools (extrication)? Is it all LED or are the Red Mini bars to the side strobe? Are those Rappelling anchors? What are they rated....

the rig is all led,and yes those are reppelling anchor's.we have a high angle rescue team an i'm honestly not sure what there rated,but i will find out for you!

Looks like a nice rig good luck with it. One question where are these reppelling anchor's are they mounted on the truck some where what am I missing here?

Edited by texastom791

nice looking rig good luck with it

I like the chevron striping on the slide out trays and am surprised to not see them on the back.

Nice rig. Best of luck with it.

When's the wetdown?!? :D

Looks like a nice rig good luck with it. One question where are these reppelling anchor's are they mounted on the truck some where what am I missing here?

I belive what he is talking about, you can see in the third picture, the top corners of the rig are eyeholes.

Nice rig.

Since the rig says Highland Engine I'm assuming it will be out of the firehouse in the circle at the end of Angola Rd. I'm curious what type of extrication equipment does the engine out of the firehouse by the Thruway have? My knowledge of Cornwall is limited but I would think the firehouse off 32 would see more extrications on 32 and the Thruway.

I belive what he is talking about, you can see in the third picture, the top corners of the rig are eyeholes.

Nice rig.

I see them now thanks.

Is New Rochelle new rescue from the same company or different and would it be similar to this rescue or totally different? I believe New Rochelle new rescue is also going to be a Spartan but I am not postive just asking if anybody knows any more info please let me know thank you.

NRFD R-4 will be an SVI/ spartan (not Rescue One). similar, but not.

Yes its a walk around, but tandem rear, longer rig. no stairs, and a number of hidden features that no one else has in this region. Due in the fall.

Since the rig says Highland Engine I'm assuming it will be out of the firehouse in the circle at the end of Angola Rd. I'm curious what type of extrication equipment does the engine out of the firehouse by the Thruway have? My knowledge of Cornwall is limited but I would think the firehouse off 32 would see more extrications on 32 and the Thruway.

i'm out the highland engine firehouse at the circle.We have all the jaws equipment which we use hurst.We have the rescue sine the mountainville station has the tanker.Highland was around before mountainville came aprt of cornwall fd so we always had the rescue in which we decided to give them the tanker,but also answering your question, mountainville does not have any jaws equipment on there apparatus.And yes a majority of are extrication is on 32,but it's more towards the highway garage,an in all honesty we don't see too much extrication on the thruway..it's all on 32 and 9w.Also i think is not right that the mountainville station doesn't have jaws equipment they should,but i'm only a Lt not a chief so i have little say.

Edited by firefighter1048

i'm out the highland engine firehouse at the circle.We have all the jaws equipment which we use hurst.We have the rescue sine the mountainville station has the tanker.Highland was around before mountainville came aprt of cornwall fd so we always had the rescue in which we decided to give them the tanker,but also answering your question, mountainville does not have any jaws equipment on there apparatus.And yes a majority of are extrication is on 32,but it's more towards the highway garage,an in all honesty we don't see too much extrication on the thruway..it's all on 32 and 9w.Also i think is not right that the mountainville station doesn't have jaws equipment they should,but i'm only a Lt not a chief so i have little say.

Sounds strange to me but thanks for information.

Beautiful rig, well planned! Good luck with it!!!

6 preconnected hurst tools? No one else thinks thats excessive?

Nice looking rig.

I like the yellow lightbars on either side of the rear of the truck. I think that will make this truck very visible.

3 left & 3 right. nope not excessive.

Our new R-4 will have 5 (3 rear, 2 front)

what are those little blue logo things below the slide out drawers that look like they themselves pull out?

what are those little blue logo things below the slide out drawers that look like they themselves pull out?

In the point where the winch (I believe) would be hitched to?

What you see are the logo of the builder of this rescue (Rescue 1), on the trailer hitch covers.

It's actually not to excessive.What if your doing an extrication that requires you to cut up two cars and you only have one set of extrication tools are you gonna wait for somebody else to be done with the other car or wait for another rescue to come ?

What is this department's manpower? How many men respond on the rescue? On average do they have the manpower on scene at an mva to operate all six tools and complete all the other tasks that would need to be completed at such a scene?

Best of luck with the new apparatus!

I love the LED lightbar, and stairs in the back

In the point where the winch (I believe) would be hitched to?

What you see are the logo of the builder of this rescue (Rescue 1), on the trailer hitch covers.

You are indeed correct. The blue logos are removeable and they are winch points. Our truck Rescue 20 has one of those on all four sides I believe.

What else is on the truck? You mentioned the 6 Hurst tools, and the High angle equipment. But that leaves alot of extra room.

Nice looking rig.

I like the yellow lightbars on either side of the rear of the truck. I think that will make this truck very visible.

While the rear lightbars provide great output, I've got to question either the truck committee/specs or the builder as one of the rear lightbars looks to have been put on wrong ?

Take your pic, their both put on with the larger light head in the bar towards the right when I'd hazard a guess to say that they're both suppose to be opposite ?

Slick looking truck otherwise> Hope it serves you well.