Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oc344

Richard Quigley Online Condolence Card

77 posts in this topic

To Rich Q,

May you and Matt L. keep heaven safe for all who have passed. Sorry to have lost a friend and fellow paramedic. Rest in Peace brother.

Eric C 158

I KNEW RICH FOR A LONG TIME AND WORKED WITH HIM OFTEN. IT'S ALWAYS TERRIBLE TO LOSE SOMEONE SO YOUNG AND SO SUDDENLY. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY.

PATTER

Talk about a shock. To a Genuinely Good Man, Thank You.

R.I.P.

x2 rest in peace brother.

RIP Rich MISS YOU

It is a great loss to his famliy and friends, really to all that have known him or known of him. He was like a second father to me and I have to agree to all the above things said of him.

Cale

Edited by NYCOP

Although I have never met this man, from what everyone has said it seems like he was def. one hell of a guy. My condolences to friends, family and co-workers.

He will be MISSED. We will miss his laugh,all his stories he has told.All the emails that went through the county E-mail, even though they weren't official business. We looked forward to the Thursday's and Sunday's when we would get bombarded with email's that would make us laugh and get us through the day. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. EMS has lost a great medic. Here at DCSO we lost a great friend and Officer.

Dutchess County Jail :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to Rich's family. It was a pleasure to get to know him as well as work with Rich.

RIP you were a great medic. you will be very missed.

Although Ive we've only met passing in and out of Hospitals... R.I.P. My condolences to his family, friends, partners, & co-workers.

RIP Rich long lost are those Friday overnights sitting with our buses on 209 in Summittville as you and your partner came over from Ellenville. Thank you for watching out for Liz when you both worked in Kingston. You were a man of your word and you would have given the shirt off your back to anyone if they needed it. It was a priviledge to call you a friend.

I listened to this incident and it seemed just like another unfortunate fatality due to an MVA in a snowstorm. A few hours later when I learned it was Rich I could not believe it, not Rich, I had worked a few jobs with him over the years and always was great to work with. My girlfriend was in just as much shock as she got to talk to him as he picked up a few things from the store just before the end of his shift.

Rich, you were a true hero always there when needed. Your many talents earned you much respect. You stopped to help a stranger like you have done many times, you will be remembered as a true hero.

Jim & Melisa

Rest in peace Quigs. Our Thursday night meetings for the paperwork shuttle were a blast.

I used to work with Rich at the DCJ many years ago and as everyone else knows, he was a very dedicated man, who made you laugh. He made some of those long shifts bearable. I saw him not to long ago and almost didn't recognize him, but you could tell from the big grin and loud voice it was him. He will be missed.

My condolences to Rich's family. The one thing I will remember about Rich is that he always made people laugh. I can remember having a bad day evaluating a practical session up at the college (basically wondering how our students were disappointing that day). Within 30 seconds of talking to Rich, he had me laughing way too hard. He's honestly one guy in EMS I've never heard anyone say anything bad about. He will be missed greatly.

Rest in Peace Quigs. From Alamo, Empire, Transcare, DCSO, Ulster Hose,

Rich passed doing what he loved, Helping Others. He would give you the shirt off of his back no questions asked.

Viewing hours:

Wednesday January 14th. 2pm to 9pm

We will stay as late as necessary for everyone to pay their respects

Place: Leahy Funeral Home

27 Smith Ave

Kingston, NY 12401

www.jvleahyfh.com

Funeral home is near Kingston Hospital and Kingston Central Fire House

Funeral procession will form at Funeral Home on Thursday at 10am. Please arrive

early. If bringing apperatus please email jquig3@hvc.rr.com so we can plan the

procession.

Funeral procession to proceed to St Mary's Catholic Church 166 Broadway (Rondout

Section of Kingston) for a Mass at 11 AM.

Burial to follow at Montrepose Cemetery, Montrepose Ave. Kingston NY immediatly

after Mass.

Reception to follow burial. All are welcome. Arrangements to follow.

RIP Rich

I considerd myself lucky to know Rich. A true class act. No one could say anything bad about him and he never had a bad word to say about anyone. I got a call at work one day that they were taking my wife to the hospital when I found out that Rich was the medic I knew she would be ok. After that everytime I saw him he always asked about her. If I could be half the man he was I would be a better person. AJ :(

Rest in peace Rich. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

Rest In Peace Rich. I only worked on a few jobs with you but you were always professional and a stand-up guy. My heart goes out to your family and the entire EMS and DCSO families.

OUR LOSS IS GODS GAIN. SOMEONE WILL BE AIDED BY HIS KIND SPIRIT AIN WILL TO SERVE. GOD REST HIS SOLE AND BLESS HIS FAMILY WITH UNDERSTANDING.

As an EMT in putnam i had the great pleasure to many of calls with rich he deff knew exactly what he was doing at all times and i couldnt wait to be his Lt. in the falls he will be greatly missed RIP Brother we will one day ride together.

All that has to be said has been said. No one will ever be able to replace Rich. Always lending a hand wherever he could. Was up at Hunter Skiing this weekend and heard the news last night, didn't make the slopes to enjoyable today. Met Rich over the summer when he ALS'ed my grandmother from Putnam Ridge to PHC. Calm, knew what he was doing, and always there to answer any of your questions (EMT to medic ?'s). As my Dive Lt. wrote in an earlier post, Rich was sopposed to be sworn in to the Mahopac Falls Vol. Fire Dept on Wednesday. For the past month since he was voted in, he has been anxious to come down, help out, and give a helping hand. He even buffed a cardiac arrest call a couple of weeks ago in Kirk Lake. He was so energetic and the falls was looking forward to having another member in the EMS field join.

R.I.P. Rich Quigley

Rest in Peace brother

I still can't believe that the EMS/Fire world yet again has to suffer a loss like this. Rich you truely were a great man. Though I never had the opportunity to work with you. I did have the pleasure to speak with you on many occasions. I will never forget one time we were chatting over the summer for 3+ hours just telling stories. You will be truely missed. Until we meet again....

rich was an great guy he will be miss alot i knew rich from few training classes that i tooked over the years :(

rip brother.

to my friday night partner and my friend i will miss you. the calls we have done together and picking on me cause of my snoring. i have known u since i was a little kid hanging out at wicks firestation. it has been a pleasure knowing such a nice man and always making me laugh. you will be missed. my condolences go out to richs family and his girlfriend. you were a great guy.......

your friend chuckles.....

My thoughts and prayers are with him, and his family.

Rest in Peace.

I did not know Rich but from what I hear he was quite a guy, and from the posts on this card I can see the true person he was. The selfless act to stop on the TSP in a snow storm to help another humanbeing when some would just keep going or stay in there vehicle for personel safety. That is a true testament to who Rich was.

When I heard the name it didn't ring any bells, but then seeing his picture I realized I knew who he was. We crossed pathes at the Poughkeepsie Hospitals a few times.

Rest in peace Rich.

Edited by x134

Rest In Peace Rich. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends. May god bless them all.

-From the members of the Union Vale Fire Department