Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

Dobbs Ferry Fire Dept "NEW" Engine 49

30 posts in this topic

The Dobbs Ferry Fire Department just took "new" delivery of this 198? Mack CF. This apparatus replaces a 1978 Seagrave thats seen its share of fire, and needed to be replaced.

Engine 49 is not yet in service. it was totally refurbed and is in GREAT shape! It will carry the secondary Hurst tool, and will be the 3rd due department engine on all commercial/residential fires/fire alarms and MVA's with entrapment.

I couldn't get great photos being it was in the firehouse, but these pics are from my camera phone.

n54707114_31318559_8252.jpg

n54707114_31318558_3245.jpg

CANT WAIT to see TL-23 and E-49 responding together...gotta love the MACK CF's!

You got to love the old Mack CF!!!!!Nice looking rig. Where did you guys buy it from? Dept?

Beautiful Mack good luck with it. Any reason why you bought an older model year apparatus as opposed to something new?

George, thanks for sharing the pics, look forward to seeing more.

I love Mack's and this one is no different! It is a beautiful rig and i wish the DFFD great luck with her! Nice to see an older rig put back to good use. In this case, one depts loss is another's gain.

It will definately pair well with the Tower-Ladder.

sweet rig, when more pictures are available, let us see.... please !!! maybe some of the crew cab

it is a clean engine, 81 mack redone in 96 and purchased from a mack dealer in New Hampshire, clean rig perfect buy from our chiefs for the money. was the dealers pet project and pumps and drives great .

post-7750-1232493371.jpg

post-7750-1232493361.jpg

post-7750-1232493609.jpg

post-7750-1232493621.jpg

Edited by x635

For those who don't know, Dobbs Ferry runs a 1990 Mack CF/Saulsbury/Baker Aerialscope, and Ogden Engine Company (Engine 47) used to run a 1974 Mack CF before being replaced by the current Pierce in the mid 90's.

And I can't wait to see the Joe Pinto photo and/or whoever gets a front 3/4 sunlight shot first, lol!!

Beautiful Mack!!! I'll bet she has a lot of good years of service left in her!!!!

I HAVE to start buying lottery tickets.....

In great shape for an 81 nice and restored good luck with her shell probably be workin with us eventually

If you can post the serial number, I'm sure plenty of people will be able to figure out where this beauty came from. Makes sense to buy an older but well maintained/rebuilt apparatus for a third due piece, instead of spending huge amounts of money on something new.

As of today 1/24/2009, Engine 49 is officially in service. Here are some additional pics I took today with my Blackberry...

n54707114_31326108_8864.jpg

n54707114_31326107_2871.jpg

n54707114_31326106_9102.jpg

Why do you have NY license plates on it, and does the rest of your fleet have them! Very nice rig and good luck with her.

Edited by PCFD ENG58

nice looking rig good luck with it

Congrats and good luck guys. Enjoy!!

required in the stae of NY all our vehicles have plates, some times the front plate is a "special" vehicle plate ex: 2091 etc.

New 49 has the county plate front and state plate rear.

And the official JOE PINTO photo:

post-11-1240788670.jpg

(Photo by and reposted with permission from Joe Pinto. Photo © Joe Pinto

Thanks again Joe!

East Meadow and Westbury both got rid of Closed cab CF's where is this from? Anybody anybody?

This was an Ex FDNY Engine and was sold to a private collector out in LI who converted it into a 343 memory rig and we bought it off him.

ummm, its not a Former FDNY rig. for one, its a 4 door conversion kit on it, not a factory 4 door rig, like FDNY, East Meadow and Westbury(that one is owned by a prvate owner in PA). it might have been done by Ranger, its got those "crooked" paddle handles like they used to install. second, its got a horizontal pump handles, indicative of a hale pump? they have not been on an FDNY rig since I believe 1965. FDNY used pullout handles on their CF's. there are about 6 other factory installed things from that pic which show its not from FDNY

if its got the original horn button, it will tell you where it came from. if you get the serial number from the drivers door plate or the pump panel I will tell you where it came from.

ummm, its not a Former FDNY rig. for one, its a 4 door conversion kit on it, not a factory 4 door rig, like FDNY, East Meadow and Westbury(that one is owned by a prvate owner in PA). it might have been done by Ranger, its got those "crooked" paddle handles like they used to install. second, its got a horizontal pump handles, indicative of a hale pump? they have not been on an FDNY rig since I believe 1965. FDNY used pullout handles on their CF's. there are about 6 other factory installed things from that pic which show its not from FDNY

if its got the original horn button, it will tell you where it came from. if you get the serial number from the drivers door plate or the pump panel I will tell you where it came from.

Well Mike I can tell ya. I knew I recognized the truck, but it took a while to register. It's from Terryville LINY. They had 2 identical 1981 Mack CF 1500/500 pumpers. E5A-4-2 was 4dr'ed by Greenwood Fire Apparatus in 1993, and E5A-4-11 was 4dr'ed by Greenwood in 1992. I've compared my pics of them both, and aside from a street sign on one bumper, they were completely identical. All that was done by Greenwood was the 4 door conversion, and from the looks of it, that's still the case. That is original Mack bodywork.

ok, now that you clue'd me in, its Terryville E5A-4-2. there's one difference between the two rigs. see if you can find it. lol.

ok, now that you clue'd me in, its Terryville E5A-4-2. there's one difference between the two rigs. see if you can find it. lol.

I really don't know Mike. I scoured over my pics to try and tell you which it was, but I couldn't see any difference, other than the street sign on the bumper. I'm sure that was removed before they sold it though. My pics were from 1994, so they may have done something different to one of them between when I shot them, and when you shot them Mike.

I give up otherwise!

shore line receiver... this one had it, 11 didnt!