Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Camaraderie In Dutchess County

27 posts in this topic

I must say, just from what I've seen on this forum, I think for the most part there is a TON of camaraderie in Dutchess County's emergency services community.

We've had a strong surge of members from Dutchess over the past year, whether they work, volunteer, or live there, and I can truly see the enthusiasm they have for the work that they do. They're always willing to share and contribute here, and have really livened up this forum in many respects.

I'm not knocking other countys in the area, but there are so many rifts and bitterness in some places, that it becomes visible here. The guys (and gals) from Dutchess seemingly want to do their job, be good at what they do, and have fun in between-and there doesn't seem to be many barriers between departments.

I've also got to give a special shout-out to Photounit. Bill's sharing of his AWESOME photos on here is really an honor. With each set of photos, he seems to top himself, time after time. I, along with many other members, truly value his continued contributions and support of this forum with his photos and accompanying stories. We're very lucky to have so many top notch photographers on this forum, along with all the other members. who submit extrodinary photos. But I digress...

I have to agree with you, the departments all get along. Ive heard some towns in other areas that wont go to town x because of a rivalry of hurt feelings. Dutchess, everyone seems to get along great. EMS mutal aid is good, ditto with fire.

Thanks for the kind words Seth, I am sure it means alot to the members throughout the County. We ARE blessed to have many "good jakes" around.

"Dutchess County Emergency Services"

post-2837-1233523939.jpg

Thanks for the kind words we are definitely not perfect but when it time to work or play we do well with others.. and to photo unit

you do a great job!!!!!! thanks again

Well put. We all have our squabbles, but it seems to stay in the "friendly rivalry" mode instead of getting ugly. We're all here for the same reasons......... Kudos to Photounit as well, he is always there no matter the weather or time of day, and always comes away with some amazing shots, angles and lighting. Great job!

FYI...PHOTOUNIT is afraid to travel to Eastern Dutchess! LOL!

We also have the one and only Fireman Superhero who resides in Dutchess.

We also have the one and only Fireman Superhero who resides in Dutchess.

Awwwww shucks....Thanks. :D

Awwwww shucks....Thanks. :D

Sorry Dan, you can be his side kick like Robin to Batman. ;)

Sorry Dan, you can be his side kick like Robin to Batman. ;)

Dan can Be batman and Robin can be Robison....

WWDD???????

I would have to agree, from the departments within my battalion and outside to the other parts of the county - things have always been great regarding camaraderie!

Dan can Be batman and Robin can be Robison....

WWDD???????

Robin is my WIFE! ;)

Robin is my WIFE! ;)

Ok Arnold and Danny??????

The Rock could be Arnold and Danny well you can be Danny..

I must say, just from what I've seen on this forum, I think for the most part there is a TON of camaraderie in Dutchess County's emergency services community.

We've had a strong surge of members from Dutchess over the past year, whether they work, volunteer, or live there, and I can truly see the enthusiasm they have for the work that they do. They're always willing to share and contribute here, and have really livened up this forum in many respects.

I'm not knocking other countys in the area, but there are so many rifts and bitterness in some places, that it becomes visible here. The guys (and gals) from Dutchess seemingly want to do their job, be good at what they do, and have fun in between-and there doesn't seem to be many barriers between departments.

I've also got to give a special shout-out to Photounit. Bill's sharing of his AWESOME photos on here is really an honor. With each set of photos, he seems to top himself, time after time. I, along with many other members, truly value his continued contributions and support of this forum with his photos and accompanying stories. We're very lucky to have so many top notch photographers on this forum, along with all the other members. who submit extrodinary photos. But I digress...

B) Thank you Seth. Here in Dutchess County we all try to work together!! Thanks to all.

Edited by xfirefighter484x
PLEASE stop posting in all CAPS. it is rude Internet etiquette and against forum policy

Thanks alot Seth, the kind words are greatly appreciated by myself and all my fellow Dutchess County Brothers and Sisters....

FYI...PHOTOUNIT is afraid to travel to Eastern Dutchess! LOL!

He's not afraid, it just takes too da__ long to get there! Certainly with the quality firefighters of the Harlem Valley, by the time he got to a job, he'd have nothing to photograph but the probies re-racking the 5 inch!

I'll admit the Dutchess County FF's tend to get along nicely in here and Its always nice working with neighboring fire departments when called for mutual aid.

He's not afraid, it just takes too da__ long to get there! Certainly with the quality firefighters of the Harlem Valley, by the time he got to a job, he'd have nothing to photograph but the probies re-racking the 5 inch!

Maybe we can take up a collection for photounit to buy a helicopter :lol:

Batdan and Robison

.. although I still think the fireman superhero (BTW he has 78 fans on his facebook group) is still the greatest.

...We're kind of a big deal..

Thanks Seth, Dutchess seems to be a special group for sure, no matter what house you go to you always are welcomed with open arms.

Thanks Seth, Dutchess seems to be a special group for sure,

Yes....yes we are! :D:D

I cannot speak for any other counties/regions, but I will admit Seth, yes, Dutchess is a rare breed.

Dutchess County is one of the few counties left in NYS that still hosts a "Weekend" at Montour Falls every year. This year, it will be year #17, and it is gets stronger every year. I have had the great honor of attending this for several years, but it appears I will not be making it this year, and I am very saddened. :( It is a time when all departments, no matter what issues that DO exist between certain companies (yes, there are some yet still), everyone has a good time, with TONS of laughs, and a few sips of spirits ;) usually accompany them.

So, if anyone wants to give up a spot, let me know, I want to go to DC Weekend #17 this year!!!!!! :lol:

I cannot speak for any other counties/regions, but I will admit Seth, yes, Dutchess is a rare breed.

Dutchess County is one of the few counties left in NYS that still hosts a "Weekend" at Montour Falls every year. This year, it will be year #17, and it is gets stronger every year. I have had the great honor of attending this for several years, but it appears I will not be making it this year, and I am very saddened. :( It is a time when all departments, no matter what issues that DO exist between certain companies (yes, there are some yet still), everyone has a good time, with TONS of laughs, and a few sips of spirits ;) usually accompany them.

So, if anyone wants to give up a spot, let me know, I want to go to DC Weekend #17 this year!!!!!! :lol:

We don't have a slot for you Nate but I can say that I am looking forward to this years weekend very much. I think this will be my fifth year going and I am still as excited as the first time.

Maybe we can take up a collection for photounit to buy a helicopter :lol:

Could you imagine the aerial shots he could get???