Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Middletown Firefighters Expo

25 posts in this topic

Sweet! You just made my little guys day! :)

Dan I am pretty sure I am going on the Saturday

I am told that KME will be displaying at least one (if not both) of Middletown's two new engines.

Also, in addition to all the rigs, tools, gear and "buff stuff", the Catskill Fire Cats (Catskill Chapter, SPAAMFAA) will be displaying Monhagen Hose & Salvage's (Middletown Engine 1) 1923 ALF pumper, on public display for the first time since it's restoration. Rumor (not confirmed) has it that Ed May will be gold leafing it at the show. Also on display will be a 1936 FWD custom pumper, which was featured on the front cover of Fire Apparatus Journal a few issues back.....one of the "crown jewels" of the Andy Leider collection.

Should be a good time.

I am planning on going Friday for sure, hope to go Saturday as well !

Just me or is it a little confusing? "150th anniversary FIRST annual fire expo"

Huh?!?

The Expo is being held as part of the year-long celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the City of Middletown Fire Department. They're calling it "First Annual" as the plan is for it to be an annual event if it is successful.

The Expo is being held as part of the year-long celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the City of Middletown Fire Department. They're calling it "First Annual" as the plan is for it to be an annual event if it is successful.

Thanks for the response. i meant it as a joke though. Do you know if this is a fund raiser for the department or just a get together? I ususally skip these types of things but if it's going to help out another local I'll make a trip out.

Thanks for the response. i meant it as a joke though. Do you know if this is a fund raiser for the department or just a get together? I ususally skip these types of things but if it's going to help out another local I'll make a trip out.

I can get us a bus if we get a group...of course it will have to be a short bus :blink:

Seems to be more of a get together/social event. Haven't heard anything about who the funds will benefit.....they'll probably just offset the cost of having it.

I can get us a bus if we get a group...of course it will have to be a short bus :blink:

Mark's bus seats seven.

is there any complete list of vendors out or just the ones listed on the site?

Entrance fee = $5

Vendor list: Call the number on the site, or e-mail them. On the flyer, Asst. Chief Amodio seems to be the contact person. He can probably help you there.

It would be nice if they stated what would be going on at their Expo. Especially because it is a 2 day event.

you do have the connections :rolleyes: No helmets required??? :P

I'm probably going to head up Saturday and check it out.

Looks good ! The Vendor list has gotten longer since the last time I looked. :)

I'm probably going to head up Saturday and check it out.

Me too....gonna trek out there with BOPH my chid'rens....this could be interesting! :P

From today's (3/12) Times Herald Record

Firefighters' expo to raise money for anniversary fests

MIDDLETOWN - The Middletown Fire Department is hosting a Fire Expo on Friday and Saturday at the Orange County Fairgrounds.

The expo is a fundraiser for the Fire Department's 150th anniversary celebrations.

The expo, will feature about 60 vendors of fire equipment and apparatus, and the deputy fire chief, Kevin Duggan, anticipates 1,500-2,000 firefighters will attend.

The expo runs from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Admission is $5.

Just got back from the Fairgrounds. Set-up for the show is progressing nicely. Both of Middletown's new engines, plus a tanker for Hortonville (Sullivan Co.) are in the building, as are the two previously mentioned antiques.

Confirmed.....Ed May will be doing some gold leaf work on the '23 ALF during the show.

All in all, should be a decent event.

We will be at Booth 112, Fisch Internet Solutions. Hope to see a lot of EMT Bravoer's at the show. Stop by to say hi!!!

Saw some pics on the RecordOnline site.....seen 2 senior guys from Dover...