Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Judge rules Mount Vernon did not discriminate against white firefighter: Fight Not Over

40 posts in this topic

Monday morning 6/29 the US Supreme Court will announce the decision on the New Haven 20 case. (see New Haven Register) This ruling can and will have a major impact on hiring practices in all trades if they rule in Favor of NH20. In other words does a city or municipality have the right to discard an exam because there is not any minoritys in reach for hiring or promotions.

Carroll vs Mt Vernon update- depositions are now scheduled for july 20,21,22. This is where the truth will hopefully come out. Fire service leaders from FDMV are to be deposed and like I said the truth will come out! Can somebody define "PERJURY" ?

Edited by hudson144

Good luck Jody but aren't you asking the impossible here politicians - honesty I don't see how these words mix well.

A little bit of wishful thinking: the court will rule in favor of the NH20 and that case will have a significant impact in your favor.

Good Luck Jody! We're all hoping that these people get their heads out of their rectums and make the RIGHT decisions!

I wish you a lot of luck. Hopefully the US Supreme Court does the right thing. I have to agree with Gerry. You expect a politician to be honest? The only politicians who can't lie are the dead ones. Politician and Liar are synonyms.

If what I'm hearing is true about the "Perjury" Hudson, pretty soon there may be a couple of openings for FF. and Officer. Man I'd love to see that!! That Dept. needs a complete face lift!

Monday morning 6/29 the US Supreme Court will announce the decision on the New Haven 20 case. (see New Haven Register) This ruling can and will have a major impact on hiring practices in all trades if they rule in Favor of NH20. In other words does a city or municipality have the right to discard an exam because there is not any minoritys in reach for hiring or promotions.

Carroll vs Mt Vernon update- depositions are now scheduled for july 20,21,22. This is where the truth will hopefully come out. Fire service leaders from FDMV are to be deposed and like I said the truth will come out! Can somebody define "PERJURY" ?

Hey Jody, Good luck!! Here is a link for an articale I found online, about the NH 20 and the judge involved!!

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/06/28/ne...-for-sotomayor/

got this sent to me last nt,interesting facts,thanks-we will know more today at 10am,jjc

Just Announced on CNN - Ruled in favor of NH20 5-4 decision.

Edited by VAEMC

Off the Associated Press newswire

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court has ruled that white firefighters in New Haven, Conn., were unfairly denied promotions because of their race, reversing a decision that high court nominee Sonia Sotomayor endorsed as an appeals court judge. New Haven was wrong to scrap a promotion exam because no African-Americans and only two Hispanic firefighters were likely to be made lieutenants or captains based on the results, the court said Monday in a 5-4 decision. The city said that it had acted to avoid a lawsuit from minorities."

congratulations to the brothers from New Haven !

Congrats to the NH20 ,Go get em jody

X2!

Congrats NH20- thumbs up to them for standing up and winning a long overdue fight! jjc

5-4?... Really

hmm...

While not a landslide, it is a favorable ruling for the aggrieved, and, it could spell a knockout for a certain supreme court nominee.

Congrat to the NH20 or standing up for their rights, I hope this helps you Jody! Or should I say Lt. Carroll.

monday- when the New Haven decision was made public the City of Memphis Tenn folded and decided to promote the police officers that were held back because of race.

Tuesday- The City of Philadelphia decided to terminate the lawsuit of 5 firefighters denied promotion, the 5 members will recieve the promotions much deserved along with back pay due to them.

Next? We will see how many more suits will resolved.

monday- when the New Haven decision was made public the City of Memphis Tenn folded and decided to promote the police officers that were held back because of race.

Tuesday- The City of Philadelphia decided to terminate the lawsuit of 5 firefighters denied promotion, the 5 members will recieve the promotions much deserved along with back pay due to them.

Next? We will see how many more suits will resolved.

Hang in there Jody ;)

Best of luck kid- Have you started studying for the Captain's test yet? ; )

What will be interesting to see is if they make Hudon144 and make the last guy they promoted Provisional. That's been done in my Dept. in the past. Sweet Justice! Pay back's a b****!!!!! It's about friggin time!!!!

Good Luck Firefighter Carroll,

I hope to address you very soon as LIEUTENANT!

Jody, isn't today the start of depositions? If so good luck, hope the court see's thru the lies and you get what you so rightfully deserve. That bar on your collar.

UPDATE AS OF 26 August 09- At this point we have submitted a motion for a summary judgement to the federal court in White Plains. Because of the New Haven decision from the Supreme Court stating that you can't hold back a group of people in fear of a lawsuit from another group of people. In Carroll VS Mount Vernon the city atty replied to the EEOC stating that Mount Vernon "was in no rush to promote 2 caucasions to the rank of Lt. in fear of litagation from the Vulcan Society of Westchester". This statement from MV lead Council made the case identical to the NH20 case. At this point it is a sit and wait game to see how things will go. I will try to post the article from the journal news printed today 8/26. Thanks again for the support! jjc

* If someone can upload the article from lohud it would be appreciated! jjc

Edited by hudson144

Mount Vernon firefighter points to New Haven case in

asking judge to rule for him in race suit

By Timothy O'Connor

tpoconnor@lohud.com

August 26, 2009

A Mount Vernon firefighter has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor in a reverse-discrimination lawsuit, citing a U.S. Supreme Court decision on the use of race in civil service promotions.

Joseph Carroll, who is white, filed his lawsuit in December 2007, five months after his promotion to lieutenant was blocked when members of the Vulcan Society of Westchester, a black firefighters group, sent a letter to then-Mayor Ernest Davis that threatened legal action if Carroll were promoted.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009908260332

UNITED STATES JUSTICE DEPARTMENT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NY-The office of the Civil Rights Unit is responsible for enforcing the Federal Civil Rights laws in the southern district of NY, which includes Bronx,Dutchess,Orange,Putnam,Rockland,Sullivan and westchester Countys.The Federal civil rights laws enforced by the office include Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964.In addition, the civil rights unit, in conjunction with units within the offices criminal division ,investigate and prosecutes violations of the criminal civil rights laws. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!

The latest- we are still waiting for the decision on our motion for a summary judgement. Also there is a question about person's within Mount Vernon City Hall being neglectful in the decision to terminate the Lieutenants list 2 weeks before it expired. The forged letter submitted by the Vulcans and the letter by the Attorney for the Vulcans was withdrawn by the Vulcan Atty 2 days after being submitted because according to him the complaint filed by the Vulcans had no merit. Did someone in city hall who was in a position of authority and was ordered to investigate the Vulcans claims drop the ball? It would be great to see an investigation launched to disclose the corruption in my case. Public Corruption as always in City Hall!

efdcapt115 likes this

Good luck, hope it all turns out how it should have from the beginning.

UPDATE: Judge rules against our motion for a summary judgement-looks like we might be off to the Appeals Court!!!