Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Joe Pinto's Recent Delivery Photos-Westchester County

13 posts in this topic

ALL PHOTOS BY AND POSTED WITH PERMISSION FROM JOE PINTO

Thanks again to Joe Pinto for sharing his new delivery shots with us.........all photos were taken this past weekend. He scored some really good shots, and I will be posting them to this thread as time permits.

First up is Goldens Bridge new Engine 139:

post-11-1246379883.jpg

Somers MA-14

post-11-1246380127.jpg

White Plains Ladder 32

post-11-1246380177.jpg

What happened to the old MA-14?

All of them look great! Engine 139 looks like it will be a tremendous boon to GBFD and more capable for their purposes, especially covering 684 (I remember seeing the old Engine 139 and Rescue 24 on an MVA there). Is M/A 14 going to double as a Brush Truck? Ladder 32 looks especially sharp.

Best of luck to all Departments with them!

-Joe DA BUFF

All of them look great! Engine 139 looks like it will be a tremendous boon to GBFD and more capable for their purposes, especially covering 684 (I remember seeing the old Engine 139 and Rescue 24 on an MVA there). Is M/A 14 going to double as a Brush Truck? Ladder 32 looks especially sharp.

Best of luck to all Departments with them!

-Joe DA BUFF

M/A stands for Mini-Attack which in other words is a brush truck but where in Westchester M/As seem to service a wide variety of purposes and tasks from brush fires to motor vehicle accidents to hazard/service calls to structural fire firefighting (E139 maybe).

In Somers- the old MA-14 is now Utility 34 and assigned to the Fire Police. It is also used for general utility work at fire scenes and pump outs. Basically it took the place of Utility 5, which was reassigned to the Maintenance Shop. The "pump/tank/reel skid" was removed and sold to Mahopac, and they installed it on their Utility truck.

The current MA-14 was designed as an Initial Attack Unit, not just for Brush fires. With these McMansions that are being built, with great set-backs and 6' wide driveways- it is extremely difficult to get the bigger Engines in.

This rig is capable of being a driveway engine. It has air packs and pre-connected lines. It also is equipped for EMS response. Another factor it was designed for was below-grade parking structures, so it can get in for a car fire, where an Engine cannot. A lot of time and effort was put in by the committee for this vehicle, and if I say so myself- It is an excellent piece of equipment, that truly meets our specific needs.

Somers Fire Department

Ladder 48

PHOTO BY JOE PINTO

post-11-1246466166.jpg

When did White Plains become and ISO class 1 department?

When did White Plains become and ISO class 1 department?

White Plains was informed by ISO in Late may or early June that they received a class 1 rating.

Somers FD Utility 88-RAC Unit

PHOTO BY JOE PINTO-REPOSTED WITH PERMISSION

post-11-1247333474.jpg

Anyone know how much Somers or Millwood's new Sutphen quints cost?