Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hess1075

Fireworks

5 posts in this topic

In Your Opinion(besides a boat) what would be the best location to watch the Macy's Fireworks.. I havn't gone in Years and was thinking about going down.

Since the majority of the barges will be on the Hudson this year, the Jersey side is a good bet:

-Along River Road from Guttenburg south to Weehawken

-Hoboken, Sinatra Drive, Pier A and Sinatra Park

-Jersey City, end of 6th St, 2nd St. or Harborborside Pl.

All barges will be in the Hudson this year between 23rd and 50th streets. The West Side Highway will be open to pedestrians and a couple of piers will be open to the public, but if you want a spot you'll want to get there early for the 9pm start time. If you can find a restaurant or bar with a view of the Jersey or NYC skyline or a westside roof top bar you'll have a phenomenal view. They're trying to elevate the show, with many shells reaching 1,000' to give a larger swath of the city a good view.

I wish I had known ahead of time that they were going to be on Hudson side this year. My brother-in-law has an awesome view of the NYC skyline and several years ago we would have been able to see the fireworks if not for the buildings. If they were on the Hudson side it would have been an awesome spectacle. Will they be on the Hudson side again next year?

Macys announces the location in the spring. More than likely it will return to its previous location next year as this was specifically for the 400th anniversary of Hudson's trip up the Hudson.