Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csf248

Favorite FDNY Rig??

42 posts in this topic

Super pumper with Tender was the best one I liked. Always liked it when in operation. Now its gone the route as Big Mo and all the water towers of the day :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

The Super Pumper is still kickin in Michigan somewhere, not in active service, but I believe a "buff" has purchased the rig, and takes it to events. The tender is out in California basking in the sun..... 8) Email me if anyone wants more info...

They don't catch work like other companies in the Bronx. Occasionally some good first or second due work running south into 75/33's area. You wanna see work?? Go east into the 15 Battalion.

Battalion 17 and Battalion 19 are still the kings of the Bronx in fire duty.

The area along the Concourse from 165th St. to 183rd St. is where the most work is. Walton,Gerard,Clarke,Marcy Elliot,Sheridan,Sherman,College,Creston,Anthony,Ryer,Davidson,Grand,Valentine,Mo

ris,Eastburn,Weeks,Topping,Echo,Clay,Andrews,Featherbed.All streets that provide pretty steady work. I have probably missed a few other streets.

Engines 62,63 and 38 are all excellent companies and do some work however I would take the numbers from Engines 92, 42 and 75 any day.

How do I come to these conclusions?

I have spent 13 years in the Bronx as a F.F. and Lt. and have worked in both divisions. What I noticed in my time was that when the 15th got on a roll nobody was near them in fire duty.

When it is quiet in the 15th it is real quiet. The 17th and 19th are just consistent month after month in that area along the Concourse.

I spent months working in the 15th "R" group (62/32, 38/51, 63) and could not catch a cold. Vacation assignments in the same companies and shut out. ](*,) :sad:

One thing I could always count on: If I did a vacation in 42, 43/59, 75/33 or even 48/56 I would be crawling down a hallway at some point. More than once on many occasions. I NEVER got shut out in those companies.And 92/44- Quite possibly the most fire duty in the borough. I also know that many other guys share the same opinion.

Just my 2 cents.

HI GUYS MY FAVORITE IS 97 ENGINE!!! THEY HAVE THE BEST SPANISH FOOD IN THE FDNY !! I ALSO LIKE THE FIGHTIN 511 ON MONROE AVE THRERE ALWAYS DOING IT !!! GO E42!!!

49 Battalion The Hells Gate gang

312 Engine (spent my childhood summers there)

37 Truck

Rescue 1

I'm more of a classic FDNY guy myself so I'll start out with, The whole super pumper system. Then for current rigs, 10 Truck, Rescue 2, Ladder 132 and Engine 7.

Engine 65

10 Truck

RES3CUE Big blue in da bronx

Rescue 6.....gone but not forgotten

pyropug

111 had the most OSW hours that is what I was going on not runs they might not be the busiest on run but they have a lot of workers and they are number 1 with the most OSW

theres more to who does the most work than osw's...

Favorite FDNY rig is Ladder 19 "Just Passin' Through" becasue of the 2 strips of diamond plate on the sides of the cab underneath the windshield, one on both sides of the rig running from the bumper to the windshield, gives the rig a cool look.

truck 4, engine 54, mid town.