Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ace84

Meadowlands Fire Dept ?

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking for info on the Meadowlands Fire Department. Saw a ladder truck at the Jets game. Wondering if they are full-time and how they hire? Anyone have any info they could share? Thanks.

I believe its a brigade...been around for several years....we must have been tailgating in the same parking lot if you got off one of the buses where they were sitting.

Loudest Jets game I've ever been to. Dirty Sanchez and that aggressive kick a** "D"

They are a full career department staffed 24-7 like most places . They are in the process of getting a new steation built . They see a good amount of action mostly car fires but other stuff also

Do they provide mutual aid as long as there is nothing going on at the complex and do they have collateral duties as well?

Question from a non-firematic person. What makes a department a brigade? Like Grasslands or in this case, Meadowlands. How does it differ from a regular department? Do they have other jobs that they wrk and then when a fire call drops they take on a fire roll?

not too terribly sure, but I think a "Brigade" would mean they are responsible for one area, be it a hospitl, industrial complex, sports complex, etc. with little or no outside response area

Information about the department found in an environmental impact statement. I saw them out last week at the U2 concert.

New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority

The NJSEA Fire Department provides first response fire protection services for the Meadowlands

Sports Complex. The Department operates one station, which is situated slightly west of the

intersection of NJ Route 120 and Paterson Plank Road. The station has two pump trucks with

750-gallon water capacity, one truck with 500-gallon capacity and one truck with 90-gallon

capacity. The trucks also have foam capacity. The station has eight full time and nine part time

fire fighters and operates on 24 hours per day, seven days per week basis with a two-person crew

per shift that is expanded during events.

As a security precaution, during events at the Meadowlands Sports Complex, the Department

lines up its fire protection vehicles along the southern edge of the Meadowlands Racetrack so that

swift and unproblematic access to the various facilities is available.

As far as I know, they are not part of any mutual aid agreements with surrounding towns because of their limitations and the need for protection in the sports complex.