Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paratrooper75

Greenburgh - Stabbing - Southern Westchester BOCES - 10-6-09

15 posts in this topic

My girlfriend was told to evacuate a building and stay in the car. She says theres like 15-25 police cars outside and the cops ran inside.

Found out it was a stabbing - posted by EMSer.

THIS IS AN ACTUAL EVENT

Issued By: SUNY - Westchester

Affected Jurisdictions:

Headline: We received notification that a suspect in a stabbing at the BOCES campus fled to the WCC campus. Local police have the suspect in custody.

A stabbing was reported at the BOCES campus next door to Westchester Community College. The suspect was pursued into the W C C Physical Education Building and an arrest was made.

There is no action needed at this time.

Greenburgh had the subject in custody within 15 minutes of the stabbing. Subject ran into the PE Building. Perimeter set up by WCPD and Greenburgh, Air-2 overhead...

Great to see that quick action by all involved police departments and an obvious cooperation between all PDs involved had the suspect in custody and the situation under control in such a short amount of time. Good job by all those involved.

WCC is greenburgh's jurisdiction?

The incident took place at BOCES-(Greenburgh jurisdiction)- offender jumped the fence to WCC-(County jurisdiction)

My girlfriend was told to evacuate a building and stay in the car. She says theres like 15-25 police cars outside and the cops ran inside.

Found out it was a stabbing - posted by EMSer.

sorry, my post was for an event on monday 10/5/09

i got a text on my phone while i was in class there talking about a suspect. then the next thing i know im getting out of class an hour early.

My cousin had recieved a text alert on her phone and notified me about it and i wasnt there but my sister was. I didnt know what was going on

The incident took place at BOCES-(Greenburgh jurisdiction)- offender jumped the fence to WCC-(County jurisdiction)

And regardless, WCC is in the Town of Greenburgh, so they would have jurisdiction all the same.

And regardless, WCC is in the Town of Greenburgh, so they would have jurisdiction all the same.

Because it is a county property/facility, the County PD has primary jurisdiction at the College. It is within the Town of Greenburgh so GPD can take action there as necessary but they don't patrol it routinely. Since it is NYS, the State Police could also take action there for that matter.

Just the multiplicity/duplicity that is Westchester law enforcement. B)

Because it is a county property/facility, the County PD has primary jurisdiction at the College. It is within the Town of Greenburgh so GPD can take action there as necessary but they don't patrol it routinely. Since it is NYS, the State Police could also take action there for that matter.

Just the multiplicity/duplicity that is Westchester law enforcement. B)

If the suspect crossed the street, they would of been in Mount Pleasant, right?

Crazy stuff, a lot of people, including my Mom, go to WCC.

Wcc is in the Town Of Greenburgh, But it is a westchester County Owned Property. any crime that is committed on the grounds of the college is handled by Westchester County Police. Just to make this more confusing. All aided cases are handled by GPD and fires are handled by Fairview Fire. The mailing address for the college is Valhalla. So you can see that on an incident it can get confusing

I use to work there in the early 90's. I see things haven't changed.