Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pelham Manor New TL-3 UPDATED w/ Delivery Photos

14 posts in this topic

As some of you may know, Pelham Manor TL-3 went back to Seagrave to be completely refurbed. Brand new Seagrave chassis and body with same 75' boom, completely refurbed and upgraded to the new Aerialscope II standards.

The kicker is…..they figured out how to keep it on a single axle. It will be the first re-mount in the country on a single axle.

Dealer-Excelsior Sales and Service, Mamaroneck, NY

Special thanks go out to those who provided the info and photo to me!!! You guys rock!

(PHOTO SOURCE:ANONYMOUS OR ZMASTR28)

post-11-1256239258.jpg

Posted at the request of my chief to EMT Bravo members.

As chief of the Pelham Manor fire department, I can now say (especially to all those doubters out there) that all the engineering, pre-planning, research, and long flights back and forth to Wisconsin were worth it. We now have (or will have in several days), virtually a brand new 2009 Seagrave 75' Tower Ladder- complete with a 500 HP Cummins diesel, Allison 4000EVS transmission, Spicer 1810 rear, with axles rated @ 22,800 and 33,500 F&R respectively. A full stainless body, seating for 4, state of the art electronics and hydraulics for the boom and jacking system, and just enough lights and sounds to get the job done- no parade wagon- a real work truck. Full marks go to Seagrave engineering staff, our salesman (name upon his authorization), and members of the PMFD for their input into this massive undertaking. 2361

I WANT TO OPERATE IT!!!!!

Hope you all have great luck with it!!!!!!!!

E1E2TL3 thanks for sharing the info and specs with us......much appreciated.......this truck definetly turned out awesome, just like I suspected it would when I first heard about this.

Just to confirm, this also was spec'd so it met the very limited weight and dimension requirments of the bay it is housed in? It's also interesting to note that this was all done at a fraction of the cost of purchasing a similar new Tower Ladder, giving PMFD a lot of bang for their buck.

Truly awesome engineering and hard work on all ends that will definetly generate a lot of interest....this truck is the first of it's kind in this day and age...

thanks Seth and Chief for sharing the details, looks awesome, would love to see it in operation, just may have to take a road trip South, best of luck with it and to many more years of service to Pelham Manor.

A single axle refurb is excellent news. Great looking rig to boot. Good luck with it

Just a couple of questions:

1. Was TL3 previously an open jumpseat model (Mack CF)?

2. If so how much longer is it overall now with the enclosed cab?

3. How much for the work?

Cogs

Pete,

Yes I know that the 'Scope was a canopy cab Mack CF. I believe there are pictures here and on FDNYTrucks.com of it prior to the referb. With the exception of being red & white, its looked similar to Belltown's Mack 'Scope.

Pete,

Yes I know that the 'Scope was a canopy cab Mack CF. I believe there are pictures here and on FDNYTrucks.com of it prior to the referb. With the exception of being red & white, its looked similar to Belltown's Mack 'Scope.

Thanks Joe,

I actually found pics of it on FH.com this morning. Some of us here at the BFD are following this with interest as this type of refurb is just what we need for our TL 45. From what I can gather this rig is basically the same size as the old Mack style which, given the limitations of our firehouse, fits our needs perfectly. Of course there is always the issue of $$$.

How's Mohegan's treating you? I saw too that you guys up in Ansonia had a bad one back on the 3rd..what a shame he was a nice guy. Kudos to the guys for the hard work done on a well advanced job. By the way I saw Nick G. last week at Sirkorsky during a FF2 class tour. Good to see another Charter's boy doing well.

Keep in touch.

Cogs

We are in preliminary works with Excelsior and expect a visit from the Pelham rig in Cornwall-on-Hudson...we hope to refurb our 1973 Aerialscope with the same specs! Can't Wait! Once you have a scope, you never want to give it up.

I believe that it is in the ballpark of 1.1/1.2+ for a new Tandem 75'

Well worth it to refurb and keep a Single Axle!...you can't kill one!

Here is our existing 1973 Aerialscope...5 Speed, 235hp!...in Museum Condition!

http://www.exit109.com/~mikezac/department...allonhudson.jpg

Looks like a very nice piece, wish you guys many years of good luck with it. I remember back when my parents still owned the deli next door to Pelham Manor's FH.... I practically lived in there, used to drive the chief nuts ringing the bell on the antique!

We are in preliminary works with Excelsior and expect a visit from the Pelham rig in Cornwall-on-Hudson...we hope to refurb our 1973 Aerialscope with the same specs! Can't Wait! Once you have a scope, you never want to give it up.

I believe that it is in the ballpark of 1.1/1.2+ for a new Tandem 75'

Well worth it to refurb and keep a Single Axle!...you can't kill one!

Here is our existing 1973 Aerialscope...5 Speed, 235hp!...in Museum Condition!

http://www.exit109.com/~mikezac/department...allonhudson.jpg

I HOPE that somebody wins Lotto (or Mega Millions) soon, and buys you guys a brand new Scope! I still get a pain in my gut when I think of the photos from a few years back of the remnants of Bethpage's Mack sitting around the grounds at Seagrave, presumably awaiting disposal to the scrap yard (it's boom was mounted on a new Spartan cab/chassis). Would be a shame to see 413 suffer a similar fate. Be much better to see it wind up with one of the local collectors and have that "Museum condition" be preserved for many years to come!

Was not familiar with Pelham Manor's rig "before", so can't say as I have the same kind of attachment to it. But, the new one looks nice. Hope it serves them well for many years.