Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Ossining New Apparatus (2)

13 posts in this topic

From today's Journal News as well:

Village of Ossining has approved a $1.8 million bond for the purchase of new fire apparatus.

I have heard through the grapevine that this is for an engine and a 100' tower ladder, but if that has changed please advise. Thanks.

Is Ossining still planning on building a new station as well?

This was a very intelligent and good move by the OFD Chiefs getting thier village board to approve these 2 apparatus and getting the orders in before years end to avoid the large increases coming after January 1st. Great job Pete, Tommy & Jason. They are replacing engine 99 and ladder 42.

Edited by xchief2x

Who is getting the TL 41 or 42... Would seem logical for the TL to be downtown and the KME to go out to 42.

mfc,

The last I heard from a buddy of mine in Ossining was that 42 was getting the bucket. Sounds like her years of faitful service have taken a toll on her and a new truck is inevitable.

42 is getting the bucket. 41's KME is going strong, but 42's E-One has put in a lot of work in its' 20 years.

Here is a photo of Ladder 42 I took at Pleasantville's parade earlier this year. I have it listed as 110'

post-917-125806033897.jpg

What station are they planning to build and replace?

Ossining's 42 is very similar to Tarrytown's 37, minus a dual axle, which is also slotted to be replaced.

Truck 42 has been an awesome rig.... Big stick on a single axle with a bunch of great guys doing the work... It far surpassed the poor reviews that E-One's of it's era got...

As per my previous post regarding who was getting the TL... I wasn't suggesting that Truck 41's KME was tired yet, but rather that given that 41 is located downtown, that maybe they are the best choice for the TL and that the boys at 42 might take the KME from them.

From what i have heard around, The northside might be replaced with a new building which will be 3 bay. Move Monitor Hose E99 to Snowden Ave northside. When they get the new truck i think i heard that they will be housing it at headquarters and 41 down at Holla Hose for the time being while they build a new station.

Truck 42 has been an awesome rig.... Big stick on a single axle with a bunch of great guys doing the work... It far surpassed the poor reviews that E-One's of it's era got...

As per my previous post regarding who was getting the TL... I wasn't suggesting that Truck 41's KME was tired yet, but rather that given that 41 is located downtown, that maybe they are the best choice for the TL and that the boys at 42 might take the KME from them.

41 is keeping the KME and 42 is getting the TL.

As a member of E99's Apparatus Committee, we have spec'ed the new rig to fit in the current house. Let me tell you that even with our current rig, our apparatus room is so small that no matter how well you position the rig in the room you cannot open the cab doors all the way, they hit either wall. And the fact that are ramp (oops, I mean sidewalk (ramp)) is going downhill, it is always a challenge to back it in. <_<

Edited by SteveOFD