Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Boston FD, PD, EMS

21 posts in this topic

Maybe Flickr will cooperate this time and the photos will post correctly.

Victory! Anyway, here are a few photos I've taken while up in Boston in the past couple weeks.

First up is Engine 33/Ladder 15, first due companies at Fenway.

4107039568_9e4f2a3513_b.jpg

4107039916_2092cdf28f_b.jpg

4106273581_91be351d9f_b.jpg

So while the girlfriend and I were headed to Quincy Market we ended up in Government Center, where it looked like the Boston PD Police Activities League was having a go-kart race, and alot of their specialty units were around. A real treat, some of these vehicles are pretty cool.

Next up is an AWESOME Boston PD Marine Unit/Harbormaster boat. No idea as to the make and there wasn't anyone nearby to ask. Plus we were on the way to an early dinner, so I didn't want to hold up too much.

4107037716_9da8563318.jpg

4107036776_b22e80b458.jpg

4106272231_94c0df7895.jpg

4106272021_790bf4ab3e.jpg

4107039112_dbb7fe5089.jpg

Sage, great pics, thanks for sharing! More importantly, where did you go for dinner lol? Oh yeah, and ill probably catch hell for this, but...go Sox!

My wife and i spend alot of time in Boston, awesome City. Over the summer i was in search of some BFD patches. We were having a few beers at Fanueil (sp?) Hall and a nice bartender sent us to 33 Engine/15 Truck. What a nice firehouse to say the least, alot of history there. Got a few t-shirts and patches. I have pics as well but didnt bother to share because of the poor quality.

Boston Police Dive Team truck

4106271781_a79fd714c5.jpg

My personal favorite, the Boston Police Department SWAT Team's Lenco Bear tactical vehicle

4106271053_d677f8f859.jpg

4107036964_a9cdf5b622.jpg

4106271277_476d8af523.jpg

Finally, a couple Boston EMS Special Operations rigs:

Tactical Response Unit "Tango"

4107038878_269d2240d2.jpg

Special Operations Technical Support Unit, an MCI vehicle from what it looked like:

4106272507_60b96aa705.jpg

BFD, we went to The Purple Shamrock. Great food, reasonable prices, nice enough atmosphere, service was OK.

Sage, I believe that the first due firehouse to Fenway is the E-37 L-26 house located on Huntington ave. (A.K.A. "The Huntington ave. Express") Not the E-33 L-15 house like you said in your first post.

Sage, I believe that the first due firehouse to Fenway is the E-37 L-26 house located on Huntington ave. (A.K.A. "The Huntington ave. Express") Not the E-33 L-15 house like you said in your first post.

It is in fact, E-37 and L-26 first due to Fenway.

Mike

I stand corrected. Well, either way, they're really damned close. This firehouse is in the shadow of the Prudential building.

Great photos all around! Nice to see the BPD Harbormaster Boat! Always nice to see the historic Boylston Street Firehouse! Next time you're in Boston, drop by the historic Winthrop Street Firehouse in Charlestown! Great spot to visit and just as historic. ;)

Take Care and Be Safe.

-Joe DA BUFF

The old Boston fire stations are really classics. The archways on the bay doors & windows along with the stone/brick facade give way to Boston's history. Really awesome

Does anyone know what the salary for boston ems emts and paramedics currently is?

The 'push-bumper' on the front is pretty kewl. I have seen it in the past on Boston EMS. Does anyone know why they spec that on their bus' and if all of them have it-including their medic trucks?

Thanks for the great shot!!! Why does the SWAT rig and Dive bus has mainly blue lights? Also, are all Boston FD trucks Pierce and engines E-One?

Thanks for the great shot!!! Why does the SWAT rig and Dive bus has mainly blue lights? Also, are all Boston FD trucks Pierce and engines E-One?

Most New England States use Blue for Police and Red for Fire/Rescue/EMS. That way you know what is coming up on you and how it will potentially act. A fire truck acts very different from a police cruiser obviously.

The 'push-bumper' on the front is pretty kewl. I have seen it in the past on Boston EMS. Does anyone know why they spec that on their bus' and if all of them have it-including their medic trucks?

The Ambulance in the pictures above is different from the rest of the Boston EMS vehicles. They are typically GMC 5500s I believe with a push bar as well.

They have a few E-One ladders and some pierce pumpers

Next time in Boston, go to Fire and Ice 205 Berkeley St a block east of Trinity Church.

But Go Yankees is in order.

Does anyone know what the salary for boston ems emts and paramedics currently is?

I'm not sure of the salary, but I read a Boston EMS Paramedic's blog for years (before he was deployed to Iraq with the JAG Corps, of all things) and he made mention several times that Boston EMS does not hire outside medics. ALL Boston medics start as EMTs, then go through their training.

I was told by memebers at both 33/15 and 37/26 that 37/26 is first due to 80% of the park, but there is one part of the park that is closer to 33/15 and easier to get to during games when that aera is packed. Also Boston runs mostly E-1 engines and ladders, with pierce being the 2nd most amount of trucks, and KME starting to add up in the fleet, R2 E37, 14 and the TS.(33 and 7 originaly had KMEs also but 33 went to 14 and 7 to the TS)

Again my mistake 7's 2010 KME went to 42, not the TS. Boston loves changing rigs around.