Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

FDNY Firefighter Jim Ryan-9/11 Related Death

10 posts in this topic

A Sept. 11 hero died of cancer on Christmas Day. Jim Ryan was on the front lines during 9/11, a firefighter who spent many weeks rummaging through the destruction that encompassed Ground Zero, only to succumb to pancreatic cancer, according to a report.

The fire department confirms that his sickness was 9/11-related. And now his family – his three children, wife and all the people who loved him – mourn the death of a hero.

"He was just really really great," his grieving wife, Magda, told the Daily News.

Ryan, 48, was first diagnosed with cancer three years ago. He relapsed last year, reports the News.

A brave fighter until the end, Ryan desperately wanted to travel with his colleagues to Washington in November to campaign for the passage of legislation that would give $11 billion for those who contracted diseases on Sept. 11. That bill hasn't yet passed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34596127

He was my dad's neighbor when my dad was younger.

May he Rest in Peace.

More than eight years have passed since the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and first responders are still dying as a result. Thank you for your service. Rest in peace Brother. God bless FF Ryan's family and his extended fire service family as they try to cope with his loss.

As far as I see it, any FF who dies from sickness related to 9/11 is a casualty from 9/11 itself. So the "343" number really isnt the number anymore. Does anyone know the real number of FF deaths from 9/11. I hope that his family is compensated properly by the FDNY and the city/state/federal government agencies. RIP SIR!!!!!