Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Off Duty FDNY Firefighter Chris Murray Makes Heroic Rescue In Greenburgh 1-22-10

17 posts in this topic

I've known Chris Murray and his family for a long, long time and am very proud of him for his actions today! Chris is the son of Packy Murray, Deputy Chief in Fairview, his brothers are also in the fire service. All are members of this forum, and all were explorers when I was the post advisor in Ardsley FD.

GREAT JOB CHRIS!

From the Town Of Greenburgh Paul Feiner email list:

A greenburgh hero…

Greenburgh Police Detective Hugh Gallagher observed a working house fire at the residence located at 47 Babbitt Court, Elmsford in the Town of Greenburgh. Detective Gallagher notified dispatch via radio requesting Fire Department and EMS personnel. The residence is a single family structure which was occupied at the time of the fire. Smoke was observed coming through the front door and the roof of the structure.

Christopher Murray a Greenburgh resident and an off duty New York City Firefighter, entered the home despite the heavy smoke conditions and rescued the two occupants described as a 46 year old female babysitter, and a 12 year old boy who was under her care. Neither the adult nor the child were injured. Off Duty F.D.N.Y. Firefighter Murray happened upon the scene while traveling in the area in his car when he observed the smoke emanating from the house.

Fire Department personnel from various agencies responded to the scene; including Fairview, Elmsford, Greenville, Hartsdale, and White Plains to extinguish the fire. There were no reported injuries. to The cause of the fire is under investigation but is not deemed to be suspicious.

Congratulation Chris--- your training and dedication has paid off. Not to mention being in the right place at the right time. You say any one would have done the same BUT you did it. A family is safe tonight because of your actions. I am sure your whole family is proud of the actions that you took today.

Again congratulations on a herotic act

x635 likes this

Lohud

"I didn't do anything special," Murray said. "Anyone in my situation would have done the same thing."He said the firefighters battling the blaze were the real heroes.

Humility is a great lesson to be learned in The Brotherhood. Nice job Firefighter Murray!

x635 likes this

Humility is a great lesson to be learned in The Brotherhood. Nice job Firefighter Murray!

Nice job brother !

x635 likes this

Way to go brother.....great job!!

Great Job Kid

DC2T

x635 likes this

Having known Packy for thirty years it comes as no surprise Chris acted in such a manner. Good job Chris. A credit to the FDNY as well as the Westchester fire service.

x635, efdcapt115 and CM36 like this

Thank you everyone. You guys would have done the samething that i did i was just in the right place

x635 and efdcapt115 like this

Now thats how you buff a call!! :lol: Great Job!!!! and great stop by FFD

I had just copied the article from Lohud.com to post here, but Seth beat me to it.

Chris, hell of a job man, well done. You said any of us would do the same, and i hope that we would, but as others have said, you DID it.

CM36 and x635 like this