Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cutty630

A Tip Of The Hat And A Thank You To 60 Control Dispatchers

16 posts in this topic

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all the dispatchers at Westchester County Fire Control (60 Control) for all their hard work and patience throughout the last 48 hours. It's hard enough to juggle a couple of calls at the same time, let alone multiple calls by multiple agencies for a prolonged amount of time. Great job 60 Control Dispatchers you continue to impress the responders with your knowledge and professionalism on the radio at all hours of the day or night.

THANK YOU AGAIN

Brian McGill

Chief Bedford Hills Fire Department

gpdexplorer and x635 like this

As said, outstanding work by the staff at 60 control, as well as all the dispatchers of the other agencies in the area. Without you, our jobs would be impossible. Our hats off to you.

x635 likes this

You and others are the REAL behind the SCENE HERO's. We Commend you all. Thank you for all the Lives you have Saved.

x635 likes this

Cutty, thank you for bringing this up.

Yes, a job well done by the men and women of 60-Control, as the last couple of days have been unusually crazy. There were many minor calls to handle (wires, trees down), but there were also plenty of MVA's, some serious, and even a few fires. As always, they remained cool, calm and professional throughout the madness.

I have dispatched in the past (PD & FD/EMS) and i know first hand how stressful it can be. Dispatchers really are the heroes behind the scenes and do not get the recognition that they deserve.

I truly like when i have to call 60 via landline for whatever reason. I always try to be polite and will usually joke with the guys i know (i.e. "hey, its Buchanan, our Truck-1, the tiller, is back in service"). They are a great group of people and true professionals.

Thank you 60-Control

x635 likes this

yeah thanks alot the Crew from 60 Control, after driving E119 to multiple calls, and then switching over to Tanker 10 for the balance of the night and morning, then back into E119 mid morning, you folks always found something else for us to do, instead of going back to headquarters for..... bathroom breaks, fluids and food... aaaaaaa rest, FORGETABOUTIT !!!! 60 got another call for us...

Thanks for being there....

Great job by 60-Control. I am away at school but I listened to the storm both days on Scan 60 and Radioreference. Great job with handling the rush off calls.

To my co-workers at 60 Control:

GREAT JOB! We ran about 40 calls from 16:00 - 04:00 starting on Thursday, and you guys were answering us and helping us get things done, especially when our PD lost their power. Thank you on behalf of the Croton Fire Department.

As a side note, thanks to those of you that were working during our two fires on Friday. It made it a hell of a lot easier for us to run our scenes without having to ask for things over and over again.

Thanks!

2082 / 642

I would be interested to see the total number of calls 60 handled during the storm. I bet it's in the high-hundreds.

We were listening to an online scanner for a few hours and I was getting a headache! Unbelievable!

Great job, 60!

Very impressive 60 - must have been rough in their with so much going on.

On my shift (12 hrs, from 1900-0700hrs) 350 calls per processed into the CAD. I'm not sure how many in total..but 350 during the begining of the storm, holy crap, thats about 3 days worth of calls in 12 hrs!!!

On my shift (12 hrs, from 1900-0700hrs) 350 calls per processed into the CAD. I'm not sure how many in total..but 350 during the begining of the storm, holy crap, thats about 3 days worth of calls in 12 hrs!!!

Good work George! It was nice talking to you the other day haha

Edited by gpdexplorer

I just wanted to take a minute to thank all the dispatchers at Westchester County Fire Control (60 Control) for all their hard work and patience throughout the last 48 hours. It's hard enough to juggle a couple of calls at the same time, let alone multiple calls by multiple agencies for a prolonged amount of time. Great job 60 Control Dispatchers you continue to impress the responders with your knowledge and professionalism on the radio at all hours of the day or night.

THANK YOU AGAIN

Brian McGill

Chief Bedford Hills Fire Department

I agree Chief, you've said it all.

Thanks 60-Control for all that you do on a consistent basis.

Syd Henry, Chief

Elmsford Fire Dept.

Edited by Fireman488

I agree Chief, you've said it all.

Thanks 60-Control for all that you do on a consistent basis.

Syd Henry, Chief

Elmsford Fire Dept.

Yes I agree with everyone on here you guys & gals did a fantastic job as always. Thanks for your professionalism. I have no idea how you all managed to maintain your sanity with all that occurred. A tip of both my helmets to all of you for a job well done!

Gerry Munson CFD car 2084.DES B-10

Edited by xchief2x