Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weekly Apparatus Maintainence Sheets

10 posts in this topic

Looking to see what departments have weekly maintence sheets they use to check rigs. Need File downloads if possiable

Agreed, I just took over rig/equipment checks for my station, and need to create the sheets. Any help you guys could throw this way would be great.

Looking to see what departments have weekly maintence sheets they use to check rigs. Need File downloads if possiable

Agreed, I just took over rig/equipment checks for my station, and need to create the sheets. Any help you guys could throw this way would be great.

Hey guys try sending a PM to VAEMC he might be able to help u both out.

We had daily apparatus reports that included everything, even counting the hose-straps. Sometimes it felt silly, but for an apparatus operator, there is no better way to memorize and stay refreshed as to what and where everything is on the rig.

Daily reports should include checking the SCBAs, turning them on, checking the PASS alarms, the booster tank level, changing the portable batteries, putting the rig in pump, inventory all the equipment, run and top off or charge all power tools, check the fluids in same.

Truckies should get the stick up, daily, even/odd days, weekly, at some regular intervals.

Weekly reports should include checking ALL lighting; down to the turn signals & brake lights, fluids in the motor, the tire pressures, condition of the belts, radio checks with dispatch (including portables), and bleeding the air-brakes.

It comes down to detail. You can put it all too paper and provide the guidelines, but it's still up to the conciencious firefighter to do the extras; like checking the tension on a saw blade and making sure it is ready to go. Cleaning the gauges in the dashboard and on the pump should be done regularly, but not neccesarily put on a check sheet.

Edit: Can't forget to put the Hurst tool in MPO, or start the portable motor, fuel it, and charge the hydra-lines and make sure the individual tools are functioning properly.

Edited by efdcapt115
BFD1054 likes this

HFD Checks are much like efdcapt115 described, and done every first day of a shift's day tour (work schedule is 10's and 14's so that means every 3rd day it gets done)

Basic checks are done every tour,Saturdays we check and run everything we own.

I think what you want, however are sample checksheets.

Try erush@hartsdalefire.org

or

IFSTA used t have a set of sample forms. I don't know if it still exists but they were pretty good

So here's a question....how long do you keep the completed truck check sheets?

So here's a question....how long do you keep the completed truck check sheets?

Personally, I would say a year. Why would you need them beyond that?

There are exceptions to that. For example, if the vehicle was in an accident with claims pending, you obviously want to keep the "Prior to" sheets. I would also keep all paperwork on a vehicle until the warranty expires.

Remember. it's my personal opinion

From what I have heard and read it is 5 years that the records need to be kept, regardless of whether or not the apparatus was involved in anything "accident" like. I know, seems CRAZY, welp thats what happens in this lawsuit crazy time. It has something to do with the statute of limitations, and the time frame in which you have to file a lawsuit.

Personally, I would say a year. Why would you need them beyond that?

There are exceptions to that. For example, if the vehicle was in an accident with claims pending, you obviously want to keep the "Prior to" sheets. I would also keep all paperwork on a vehicle until the warranty expires.

Remember. it's my personal opinion

Where I work we have the weekly checks split up between the days of the week. So Monday the engine is Monday,. squad is Tuesday, tower on Wednesday, ect. Since we are split between Day / Evening shifts right now all mechanical is done during the day hours and inventory during the night shift (with the exception of staff and support vehicles)

Our mechanical sheet list everything from checking the fluids, tires, body damage, filling the tanks, SCBA, testing the saws, hurst, ect, and making sure all lights work just to name a few. The inventory list is just that making sure that all the equipment that is supposed to be on the rig is there or if its is OOS or missing. We also do a full med bag inventory as well.

Our sheets are set up monthly so you can see what was done / found over the month. Also we keep the records for about 2 years from the day they filled out.