Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smang

Stamford Exam- Rescheduled

29 posts in this topic

Thanks for the heads up. Are they still gonna do the cpat as scheduled? I'm supposed to go tomorrow for the orientation.

Thanks for the heads up. Are they still gonna do the cpat as scheduled? I'm supposed to go tomorrow for the orientation.

The postponing of SFRD's test will not effect the CPAT schedule. The CPAT is state-run and is valid for other departments too...

Are they reopening the application period or just postponing the test?

Any reason for the delay?

Are they reopening the application period or just postponing the test?

Just postponing the test.

Any reason for the delay?

I *believe* it has to do with the recently announced budget and staffing cuts in the City of Stamford. My understanding is that the Personnel Dept, the SFRD and the City in general have a lot to take care of before a May budget/tax rate deadline and therefore moving the test to June made more sense.

Anyone get results yet?

My son took the test. Nothing yet.

Anyone get results yet?

Nope.

Nope.

called the other day they said few weeks

Still haven't heard anything new about results. Has anybody heard anything??????????

Still haven't heard anything new about results. Has anybody heard anything??????????

HAVEN'T HEARD A THING... RUMOR HAS IT THEY ARE DELAYING GIVING THE RESULTS BECAUSE AS SOON AS THEY DO THE LIST IS ONLY GOOD FOR 1-2 YRS FROM THAT DATE AND RIGHT NOW THERE IS BIIIIIGGG HAPPENINGS REGARDING THE DEEP VALLEY TRAIL FIRE WHERE THE A/C CALLED OFF ALL THE CITY UNITS BEFORE ARRIVING O/S TO A "CHIMNEY FIRE" BUT WHEN THE FIRST ENGINE ARRIVED IT WAS A WORKING FIRE, CHIMNEY PLUS THE ROOF. AFTER RE DISPATCHING THE CITY UNITS AND FINALLY KNOCKING THE FIRE DOWN... THE SECOND AND THIRD FLOOR OF THE HOME WAS DESTROYED. ONCE THE UNION AND THE CITY SETTLE ON SOMETHING I'M TOLD THE RESULTS WILL BE RELEASED STARTING THE TIMER ON THE TEST

D

Edited by JK1025BK

Really? Still nothing from Stamford!

Guys, think about it this way- we don't want a Certified List being established before there is any possibility of them hiring. For example: If they certify the list tomorrow, and aren't ready to hire until late 2012, then that means that many people will have to take the test again 2 years earlier than "necessary".

I, for one, don't WANT them to certify the list until there is a damn good chance of anyone actually getting hired from said list.

Guys, think about it this way- we don't want a Certified List being established before there is any possibility of them hiring. For example: If they certify the list tomorrow, and aren't ready to hire until late 2012, then that means that many people will have to take the test again 2 years earlier than "necessary".

I, for one, don't WANT them to certify the list until there is a damn good chance of anyone actually getting hired from said list.

I would kind of like to know what my score is though ( hopefully passing)but I understand your reasoning.... any word on whats going on? Wasn't this test last June?

Edited by JM15

Wasn't this test last June?

June 5, 2010

Of course there lies the possibility that when the mayor finally tries to implement his new plan for "better" fire service, they will release the test results. Because they will need to hire 51 additional firefighters to work for the new "volunteer" department.

Of course there lies the possibility that when the mayor finally tries to implement his new plan for "better" fire service, they will release the test results. Because they will need to hire 51 additional firefighters to work for the new "volunteer" department.

Don't take this personally, but here is a more accurate picture of what would happen if the so-called "plan" was implemented:

Of course there lies the SLIM possibility that when IF the mayor finally EVER tries to implement his new plan for "better" fire service, they will releaseTHROW OUT the test results. Because they will need to hire 51 additional firefighters to work for the new "volunteer" department FROM SOME OTHER NON-CIVIL SERVICE LIST.

Don't take this personally, but here is a more accurate picture of what would happen if the so-called "plan" was implemented:

Of course there lies the SLIM possibility that when IF the mayor finally EVER tries to implement his new plan for "better" fire service, they will releaseTHROW OUT the test results. Because they will need to hire 51 additional firefighters to work for the new "volunteer" department FROM SOME OTHER NON-CIVIL SERVICE LIST.

You get no argument there from me. Sounds about right.

Guys, if that whack plan goes through there will not be any hiring off a list......You pickin' up, what I'm puttin' down.....wink wink.......Good Ole' Boys........

Still nothing going on with the hiring. Took the test June 5, 2010 lady said results would be out by end of July 2010!

About the same time the union's contract is up.... coincidence????

Edited by FD828

About the same time the union's contract is up.... coincidence????

Actually, that was July of last year (that the results were supposed to be announced) :)

What exactly is holding them up from giving out the results?

Who knows, Stamford is a mess right now. It does not look like the mayor has put any money in the budget for hiring firefighters in the next fiscal year.

Until the people who took the test start making noise I doubt you'll get any answers.

What I hear is that the list is only good for 2 (or 3, depending on who I heard from) years after the list is certified. They do not plan on hiring anytime soon, so they will not certify it until they are ready to hire, just to keep that same list in effect longer.