Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Tarrytown FD LODD's (2) 09-06-10 (Condolence Thread)

102 posts in this topic

While investigating a sewer condition, DPW worker and volunteer firefighter Anthony Ruggiero was overcome by fumes and fell into a manhole, 15-20 feet deep. Firefighter John Kelly, who was present when Ruggiero fell, attempted to help and was also reportedly overcome. Both victims were removed from the hole and transported to WCMC where they were pronounced.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Ruggiero and Kelly families as well as the Tarrytown Volunteer Fire Department.

I would like to thank those members who were patient enough to wait for the proper time to make these topics visible.

Not for nothing, but the names have already been officially released by the village. My condolences to the TFD on the loss of two valued contributors to society.

Edited by WAS967

Not for nothing, but the names have already been officially released by the village. My condolences to the TFD on the loss of two valued contributors to society.

Sent them a message about that an hour and a half ago. And agreed, condolences to the families and friends of these two men. Rest In Peace.

Rest in Peace. Condolences to both families and TFD.

rip brother, you will never be forgotten

RIP Brother...May the Lord comfort all who are saddened by this tragedy.

My condolences to all affected. Stay strong my brothers and sisters.

GOD BLESS OUR FALLEN BROTHERS AND THEIR FAMILIES REST IN PEACE

Another reminder on how quick things can take a turn for the worse,rest in peace Anthony and John!

Yes Anthony Ruggerio was an Ex Captain at Engine 79 in Tarrytown. He was on duty for the Tarrytown DPW but was an active member of the TFD

Yes Anthony Ruggerio was an Ex Captain at Engine 79 in Tarrytown. He was on duty for the Tarrytown DPW but was an active member of the TFD

Thank you for the info, the reports I have read only metioned John Kelly as a Tarrytown f/f. My thoughts to both families and to the Tarrytown FD and DPW. RIP Brothers.

RIP to Firefighters Ruggerio and Kelly, we've got the watch.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

May These Two of TFDs Bravest Rest In Peace and may God comfort their families, friends and brothers.

RIP Brothers....

I have known Tony "Ruge and John for over 30 years I will miss both of them but now my thoughts and prayers are with Tony's family and John's family. I am an ex captain at Hope Hose where Tony was a ex captain and long time member and John was a member of the ladder company and long time member of the department RIP

R.I.P. brothers. Lots of good men in TT. stay strong guys.

Deepest sympathies to the families and members of the Tarrytown Fire Department.

My condolences to the Kelly and Ruggerio families and all of the brothers in the Tarrytown FD. May you find strength in these hard times. Thoughts also go out to all those who responded to the scene last night. RIP Brothers.

My condolences to both families and to the members of Tarrytown FD. My both brothers RIP

May both men rest in peace. May God watch over your families and fellow firefighter. My condolences to Tarrytown FD, the famlies, Tarrytown DPW, and friends of the fallen.

RIP FF John Kelly and FF Anthony Ruggiero. A tragic loss, thoughts and prayers to their families and to the brothers and sisters of Tarrytown Fire Dept.

Deepest sympathies to the families and members of the Tarrytown Fire Department.