Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Mt. Vernon New Apparatus

14 posts in this topic

From today's JN Legal Notices:

City of Mt. Vernon accepting bids for (2) 2000 gpm pumpers and one ladder through 10/19/10

Holy $h!t - no more hand me downs!!!!!

Speaking of Mount Vernon apparatus, I haven't heard the Rescue in a while, am I just missing it on dispatches?

From today's JN Legal Notices:

City of Mt. Vernon accepting bids for (2) 2000 gpm pumpers and one ladder through 10/19/10

WOW!!! NEW Apparatus for Mt. Vernon!!! For one thing, they can REALLY use them!!! I wonder what rigs they'll replace? For the engines, they might go to Engine's 3(203) and 4(204), and their Ferraras might go to any of the other 3 Engines in the FDMV. As for the New ladder, I think the department had had problems with Ladder 2(62)'s Seagrave a while back, so it may go there, and Ladder 3(63)'s bee running with the "New" spare Pierce Arrow 100' stick, so it may go there.

Also, I agree with Remember585, I haven't heard much of the Rescue either. Has it been OOS?

Edited by sfrd18

WOW!!! NEW Apparatus for Mt. Vernon!!! For one thing, they can REALLY use them!!! I wonder what rigs they'll replace? For the engines, they might go to Engine's 3(203) and 4(204), and their Ferraras might go to any of the other 3 Engines in the FDMV. As for the New ladder, I think the department had had problems with Ladder 2(62)'s Seagrave a while back, so it may go there, and Ladder 3(63)'s bee running with the "New" spare Pierce Arrow 100' stick, so it may go there.

Also, I agree with Remember585, I haven't heard much of the Rescue either. Has it been OOS?

isnt it due to mvpd doing all the rescue,hazmat ,etc call. Well thats what i had heard so the rescue barely goes out to begin with

Edited by Anesti

isnt it due to mvpd doing all the rescue,hazmat ,etc call. Well thats what i had heard so the rescue barley goes out to begin with

Huh, for some reason, I didn't think that the MVPD had an ESU. But that makes sense as to why the Rescue doesn't make some of the minor rescue calls.

isnt it due to mvpd doing all the rescue,hazmat ,etc call. Well thats what i had heard so the rescue barley goes out to begin with

Is this true!?

good for Mount Vernon FD! They really need the new rigs. Best of luck with them.

Anyone know what manufacturer they would like or leaning towards? Are they happy with the last order? How are they used rigs working out?

I believe the Rescue goes O.O.S. most of the time to staff the 3rd truck to keep mutual aid down. Im sure Jodi or someone can clarify. MVPD has had ESU for a long time now. Mostly the f350's but I think they have a large heavy rescue style walk around too.

they have a x nypd saulsbbury heavy rescue,saw it once last year.

Edited by Anesti

I believe the Rescue goes O.O.S. most of the time to staff the 3rd truck to keep mutual aid down. Im sure Jodi or someone can clarify. MVPD has had ESU for a long time now. Mostly the f350's but I think they have a large heavy rescue style walk around too.

MVPD has two former NYPD heavy rescues and a Ford F-550 truck.

Funny that this topic has been brought up b/c I just saw MVPD's heavy rescue on the Bronx River PKWY before. It had been so long since I had seen it that I forgot they even had it.

Cool. I think New Roc does the same thing with their Rescue 4, as it is cross-staffed most of the time by either NRFD Engine 21 or Tower Ladder 11 members when needed.

I'm not sure if this topic was already discussed, but apparently, the city of Mt. Vernon, NY is accepting bids for two NEW engines and 1 NEW ladder through 10-19-10. Finally, some new trucks for The Vern after almost five years. I can't say that they couldn't use them.

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester_county_fire/mt_vernon_fire/mt_vernon_hq.html

I was wondering if anyone had any further information(i.e., what mfg. they will be, what companies they will be assigned, etc.) on the NEW rigs.

Edited by sfrd18