Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feiner's Commissioner Arraigned

7 posts in this topic

Luis Polit was arraigned today for his physical assault on Bob Bernstein during a meeting to investigate the consolidation of the Fairview, Hartsdale and Greenville Fire Districts. Polit, Alan Hochberg (a convicted felon) and Milt Hoffman led the way in attacking the three fire districts. The draft report on consolidation is full of lies and half-truths. The Town Board took no action on removing Polit (thus condoning his actions) because they knew he would vote for this slanderous report.

The draft report on consolidation is full of lies and half-truths.

Just curious, what are some of the lies and half truths.

Edited by xfirefighter484x
Fixed Quote

Luis Polit was arraigned today for his physical assault on Bob Bernstein during a meeting to investigate the consolidation of the Fairview, Hartsdale and Greenville Fire Districts. Polit, Alan Hochberg (a convicted felon) and Milt Hoffman led the way in attacking the three fire districts. The draft report on consolidation is full of lies and half-truths. The Town Board took no action on removing Polit (thus condoning his actions) because they knew he would vote for this slanderous report.

This was not a "physical assault" this was a harassment in the eyes of the law which is a violation, which is punishable by 15 days in jail or a monetary fine. It shouldn't have happened but it did but it's not the crime of the century. My prediction is that it will be dropped to a disorderly conduct and he will be given an ACD and a fine.

I saw the video, it seemed clear to me that bernstein was looking for a problem to get on tape and he got one, and I'm sure he already has his lawsuit paperwork filled out, if it's not already filed.

The town board by not removing polit in NO WAY was condoning his actions, in fact they were adhering to proper procedure and allowing due process to take it's course. After the case is adjudicated then the town board will be free to act because then they will have the transcripts, statements and verdict to look at to make a decision.

I don't know what kind of work this committee has done, I don't live in Greenburgh so frankly I don't care but I do hope that whatever they do it keeps the residents of Greenburgh safe.

This was not a "physical assault" this was a harassment in the eyes of the law which is a violation, which is punishable by 15 days in jail or a monetary fine. It shouldn't have happened but it did but it's not the crime of the century. My prediction is that it will be dropped to a disorderly conduct and he will be given an ACD and a fine.

I saw the video, it seemed clear to me that bernstein was looking for a problem to get on tape and he got one, and I'm sure he already has his lawsuit paperwork filled out, if it's not already filed.

The town board by not removing polit in NO WAY was condoning his actions, in fact they were adhering to proper procedure and allowing due process to take it's course. After the case is adjudicated then the town board will be free to act because then they will have the transcripts, statements and verdict to look at to make a decision.

I don't know what kind of work this committee has done, I don't live in Greenburgh so frankly I don't care but I do hope that whatever they do it keeps the residents of Greenburgh safe.

It wasn't physical assault in the legal sense, it was a physical assault by definition. And it's not going to be dropped from Harassment to Dis Con, because that's not a "drop", as they are identical level crimes. You drop an Assault 3rd to Dis Con, but not a Harassment. What will happen is, he will be given an ACD, or Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal, wherein if he stays out of trouble for the prescribed period of time, the charge is dismissed. The only reason he couldn't get an ACD is if he has had one previously. You only get to have one.

It wasn't physical assault in the legal sense, it was a physical assault by definition. And it's not going to be dropped from Harassment to Dis Con, because that's not a "drop", as they are identical level crimes. You drop an Assault 3rd to Dis Con, but not a Harassment. What will happen is, he will be given an ACD, or Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal, wherein if he stays out of trouble for the prescribed period of time, the charge is dismissed. The only reason he couldn't get an ACD is if he has had one previously. You only get to have one.

I understand that they are the same level crime but i've seen it done as a "compromise" many many times. Does it make sense, no, but i've been told that the thinking is that defendants are more apt to plead guilty to something that " doesn't sound as bad" - An ADA's words not mine - so i guess in this case a dis con sounds better than a harassment even though they are both violations. Again it makes no sense to me but then again the legal system doesn't always make sense.

A resident was assaulted for voicing his opinion by an enraged Town Commissioner. Watch the video. The Greenburgh Town Board would have suspended a police officer for the same violent action as a prudent measure. Yet, the Board took no action for some unexplained reason.The failure to act is a disgrace and sends the message that violence is acceptable.