Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Carroll vs Mount Vernon

18 posts in this topic

The brief has been submitted to the 2nd Circuit Court of appeals with strong information about the case that the lower courts simply turned their heads to. Facts such as the Vulcans atty stating that the complaint filed by both him and the Vulcans was withdrawn after the review of the 30+ yr old decree had no merit. Facts directly about the Mount Vernon law dept not conducting the investigation into both letters from the Vulcans as ordered by then Mayor Ernie Davis . Additional information pertaining the the Ricci case (New Haven 20) case where the US Supreme Court ruled that "you can't hold back a list of white guys in fear of litagation alone", In the statement to the EEOC the City atty stated that she did not want to promote in fear of legal action from the Westchester Vulcan Society. We hope that the appeals court will rule in our favor and have the case remanded back into the discovery stage! Again,thanks for the support, jjc

AGAIN...Best of luck, Jody. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that most judges are clueless, and their decisions have nothing to do with right, wrong, or the law. Their rulings are geared more towards making no waves for themselves. Hopefully you get a judge with a set of ba**s.

Vulcans = Trouble. If u pass a test weather ur white black blue red green purple u should get the position. To pull the "Race Card" all the time is BS and thats the only thing the Vulcans are good for.

eric12401 likes this

Good luck, hope it goes good. Our Country will be scared of its own shadow soon, unless the judges start to man up....

Best of Luck Jody! Keep the fight alive!Get what you deserve.

JC for Chief of Department, FDMV.

I second that George. Keep your head up Jody!

No thanks George-we have the best of the best leading us now!:)

There's a course for that.. You too can be the bestest there is.

After much thought and some talk i have decided to write a book about the situation that I happen to be in. many of you know that discrimination has been a hot topic recently and i feel that its time for a book to be out there to send the info to all out there. Discrimination is a 2 way street and i am not the only one to be denied something because of race. Changing of standards effects all, I will tell all about my situation when it comes to the corrupt ways in MV city hall not only with me but with others in the past.It will be a tell all book and I won't hold back! "Fightin City Hall" might take some time but its in the works!

x635 likes this

After much thought and some talk i have decided to write a book about the situation that I happen to be in.

Go for it! I'll help you (if you want), I can help write so we can get this book out by FDIC, and we can find an online publisher, with proceeds going towards your fight.

Give Jody a rep for his great initiative!!

Good luck with the book Jody. I hope the book ends with a happy ending.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/appeals_court_douses_firefighter_01xtApjRXdntl31cKHGhOI#ixzz1hmSvuieu

A suburban firefighter who claims he's the victim of reverse discrimination saw his civil-rights suit snuffed out by a Manhattan appeals court this morning.

The ruling said Mount Vernon Firefighter Joseph Carroll, who is white, "offered no evidence" that officials rushed to draw up a new promotion list after black firefighters threatened to sue if he made lieutenant.

Hoping this is just a minor setback. Good luck.

After a long 4 1/2 year battle the 2nd circuit ruled yesterday against me, the findings of the court basically say that because of lack of proof they would not rule in my favor. I know the truth, promotions were stopped by the request of the Vulcan Society and senior Black officers of the FDMV. The decision of my attorney to go for a summary judgement was because of the NH20 decision from our highest court. They stated that you can't hold back a list of white firefighters in fear of litagation alone. In my case the City Attorney at the time on federal EEOC forms stated that she didn't want to promote in fear of a lawsuit from the Vulcans. 3 days after the promotion was stopped the Vulcans very own attorney withdrew the complaint claiming that the review of the decree showed that there was no violation if the promotions of 2 white firefighters went ahead. The City Attorney did nothing but ignore the Vulcans Attorney and ordered the civil service commission to terminate the list even though it had 2 weeks to go before termination date. Facts are facts and we will go on knowing the truth and who was involved in this case.That same very attorney is now a city court judge and I pray that she doesn't rule on the bench because of race.

I have to say that I am proud that I stood up and fought this case,even though the results were not in my favor I realize that throughout the country racism is strong in the fire service, against white and black,females,asians,hispanics etc. The brotherhood that I am very proud to be a member of certainly has some issues. I will continue to serve the citizens of Mount Vernon to the best of my ability something that I swore that I would do. There is no other career that I would want to do. I also want to take this time to thank everyone for the donations,words of encouragement and just the support that I have recieved. Its been a long haul but well worth itThe world is round and someday those who were responsible for this mess will realize that.Again, thank you and be safe! FF Joseph J Carroll FDMV