Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watercanmonkey87

AMR in Dutchess

25 posts in this topic

In my daily travels today, I came across 4 A.M.R ambulances sitting outside of one of our local hospital e.rs. I didn't see any of the crew, so I couldn't find out what was up, but really? I knew they have been aiming to get into Dutchess county for a while but are they finally in? Once they get their foot in, its all over from there. I hope the local commercial agencies can try to keep up. Best of luck, Its a scary thought.

No, the region is not issuing any more CON's. AMR does not have a CON for Dutchess, most likely they were transports to / from Albany MED, or into New York City. It'll be all over for Dutchess anyway in the coming year without AMR.

Edited by citystation1848

I am going to make an educated guess when it comes to AMR. From what I was told, someone who was higher up in 2 different Private EMS agencies, was planning on bringing AMR into the area and running the show. It has also been rumored that there is a Private EMS service for sale and that the only company that they would ever sell to is AMR. Maybe the rumors finally will become reality and I would not be surprised by it. Let us see what happens

Before I get ripped apart, I am just posting what I have told over the past 10 months.........

Does AMR have a CON for Northern Dutchess and Columbia County??? Private EMS is what? Is it a smaller commercial agency in Dutchess???

Does AMR have a CON for Northern Dutchess and Columbia County??? Private EMS is what? Is it a smaller commercial agency in Dutchess???

Enough said with Bordering Mass and Connecticut.

AMR does not have a CON for Dutchess County or Columbia, they do however have Rensaleer County. AMR has no presence currently in Hudson Valley, although they are very big around metro centers, New York, Los Angeles, San Diego, Long Island and are a very large company. That being said, the only way IN they have is to purchase a company and obtain their CON. HVREMSCO isn't giving out regional CON's, only municipal (ex. Beacon). It would certainly be interesting!! We'll have too see what the coming months bring!

Dan,

I can tell you further info, but I cannot post it on this site. Email me at trauma74@aol.com and I can provide you with further info.

Doug

If what I tell you is actually the truth, it will be a big surprise for everyone involved. Like I said, posting on here will let the cat out of the bag and will cause major controversy. That is why I need to tell you in a PM only.

Guys, oh come on now.

LOL. Listen AMR, Citywide, SeniorCare, as well as several other companies have come up from the city as well as other places to complete transports. I have seen alot of patients being shipped around to different facilities of late that originated from the cities.

AMR comes threw this area every day from upstate, NYC, Conn, & Mass. AMR had a station right next to Empress for several years & closed it to return back to NYC.

Is there something up? Oh hell ya, but no one is going to know for sure until its a done deal.

Oh good grief Charlie Brown!!!

It's Your House, your rules. Oh well! IDGAS...

AMR in CT is based out of New Haven right off I-91 and is their dispatch center and New Haven Ops center. AMR also operates bases in Greater Bridgeport, Hartford, north-easter CT, Waterbury and Southington (aka Farmington Valley area). With that said more than likely there are more than likely transfers.

This is what we need! Another private ambulance company in the Hudson Vally Area!

Are you kidding me? Hey if you pm me I can tell you a secret but I can't tell everyone.

Very well put. Besides whether you repeat a rumor in public or in private, it is just that a rumor, until finalized. How many rumors have come across these boards without ever materializing. And I would agree with the posters who suggest a purchase of an existing CON-equipped company is entirely possible with AMR's resources.

As far as the commerical CONs are concerned, Transcare now possesses two for Dutchess county after purchasing Alamo. I'd imagine eventually they will have to sell one of them as my understanding is, one entity cannot possess two CONs for an area for an extended period of time.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the old Sloper CON when Alamo bought them out? Is that the one that Transcare bought initially?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the old Sloper CON when Alamo bought them out? Is that the one that Transcare bought initially?

I thought Transcare bought the old Hudson Valley Ambulance/Community Medical Transport (CMT) CON, when it was MetroCare. This was back around (correct me if I'm wrong) 2002 or so when they first moved into Kingston in Ulster County and Otisville in Orange County.

I thought Transcare bought the old Hudson Valley Ambulance/Community Medical Transport (CMT) CON, when it was MetroCare. This was back around (correct me if I'm wrong) 2002 or so when they first moved into Kingston in Ulster County and Otisville in Orange County.

Affirmative

I think you're right as I vaguely remember something about the HVA CON coming into play. I didn't know they were operating on the other side of the river tho. So begs the question, what ever happened to the Sloper CONs for Dutchess (full) and Putnam (FR only).

2004 I think actually.

I think you're right as I vaguely remember something about the HVA CON coming into play. I didn't know they were operating on the other side of the river tho. So begs the question, what ever happened to the Sloper CONs for Dutchess (full) and Putnam (FR only).

The Sloper CONs went to Alamo when they took over Sloper back in 2004 or 2005. That means that those CONs are now part of Transcare also since the Alamo Transcare merger.

I am pretty sure you are correct on that,from what i have heard, doesn't health quest still retain the CON's from Alamo and Sloper as they were the parent company?

The Sloper CONs went to Alamo when they took over Sloper back in 2004 or 2005. That means that those CONs are now part of Transcare also since the Alamo Transcare merger.

So in theory, Transcare has 3 CON's for the Hudson Valley. (1) HVA/CMT, (2) Sloper, (3) Alamo. Is it legal for one agency to have so many CON's for one area? I guess this is one way to avoid "new" competition from coming in.

This is why I doubt the Sloper one still exists. My understanding of the CON process is that it's a "use it or loose" it situation. I assume that since the Sloper one was never transferred that it was either dissolved or revoked by the state. As someone mentioned, they weren't really intended to be used as a commodity, and even moreso, I doubt the state would allow an avenue to exist whereas an entity could buy/possess EVERY commercial CON for an area thus creating a monopoly.

I believe the old Alamo CON's are still owned by Health Quest. Transcare already had the necessary certificates to operate and merely bought the right to Alamo's contracted areas, equipment, and personnel. Also, I do believe "Alamo EMS" technically still does one call a month, a discharge out of Vassar, to keep the CON valid thru Health Quest.

The Sloper Willen operating certificates were surrendered back to NYS shortly after the purchase. The Alamo/Transcare deal did not include the operating certificates only the assets. Healthquest still owns the certificates and the Alamo name.

AMR does not have a CON for Dutchess County or Columbia, they do however have Rensaleer County. AMR has no presence currently in Hudson Valley, although they are very big around metro centers, New York, Los Angeles, San Diego, Long Island and are a very large company. That being said, the only way IN they have is to purchase a company and obtain their CON. HVREMSCO isn't giving out regional CON's, only municipal (ex. Beacon). It would certainly be interesting!! We'll have too see what the coming months bring!

AMR does not have a CON for Renssealer County. The only agencies that hold county-wide CONs are Troy Ambulance Service (dba Empire) and Mohawk, and the only other commercial ambulances with a CON in the county are Capital District and Doctor's Ambulance, which are one and the same. Where did you get your information?

The Sloper Willen operating certificates were surrendered back to NYS shortly after the purchase. The Alamo/Transcare deal did not include the operating certificates only the assets. Healthquest still owns the certificates and the Alamo name.

This is correct, mostly. I don't believe the CONs for Alamo (and Sloper) are still valid as you must surrender your CONs after a month long period of inactivity. Alamo does not have any ambulances, and therefore cannot do any calls, so they must have surrendered the CON.

What is the deal with AMR anyways? They bought up a ton of smaller EMS/Transport agencies and destroyed them. Then they went into finacial difficulties. Then they lost a lot of municipal contracts. Now, they seem to be active again trying to aqquire contracts. Are they still active in NYC? I wonder if they could ever make Transcare an offer they couldn't refuse?

I'm suprised Acadian is not trying to take over, lol.

What is the deal with AMR anyways? They bought up a ton of smaller EMS/Transport agencies and destroyed them. Then they went into finacial difficulties. Then they lost a lot of municipal contracts. Now, they seem to be active again trying to aqquire contracts. Are they still active in NYC? I wonder if they could ever make Transcare an offer they couldn't refuse?

I'm suprised Acadian is not trying to take over, lol.

AMR still does transport in NYC, though I do see fewer and fewer of them, but they still operate a 911 bus for Kingsbrook. I did hear that they might lose that bus, just not sure if it will be transcare or seniorcare or fdny who will pick it up, if the rumor is true.

I highly doubt TransCare would even entertain the idea of being bought out by AMR. They hold too many contracts and simply continue to grow. Not just Westchester/NYC, but Delaware, MD, and PA.