Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Kisco VAC C4500/PL Custom For Sale

7 posts in this topic

Looking through an emergency services classifieds, I saw Mount Kisco's Chevrolet C4500/PL Custom for sale.

Didn't Mount Kisco get this a couple of years ago, when Ford was having all the engine problems? Has it just reached it's point in the replacement cycle (still valued according to the ad at $170,000) or is it being sold for another reason?

Also, did Mount Kisco ever get a third ambulance?

There are other technical issues from what I understand but a large part of it is apparently the size is simply too big for many of the roads in Mt. Kisco and the surrounding service districts. There was a rumor going around that KBHVAC wanted it as a highway rig.

Mt. Kisco has two ambulances. I am not sure what they are getting to replace this rig.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Sounds as if there was a lack of planning when planning and building the rig. How do you purchase something that does not fit the streets or serve the proper purpose? C'mon!

FirefighterJr likes this

Sounds as if there was a lack of planning when planning and building the rig. How do you purchase something that does not fit the streets or serve the proper purpose? C'mon!

Get your facts in order Son before you come to judgement. I am not a member of MKVAC but knowing their officers and organization, I am sure that much planning was done by MKVAC before ordering. In the end it seems it was decided that they were better off getting something that fit their needs better. That is not to say that this rig could not meet their needs currently.

Literally no one from MKVAC has spoken out regarding the sale of this rig, judgement should not be passed until all of the facts have been presented.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Get your facts in order Son before you come to judgement. I am not a member of MKVAC but knowing their officers and organization, I am sure that much planning was done by MKVAC before ordering. In the end it seems it was decided that they were better off getting something that fit their needs better. That is not to say that this rig could not meet their needs currently.

Literally no one from MKVAC has spoken out regarding the sale of this rig, judgement should not be passed until all of the facts have been presented.

Until someone speaks out, all we can do is speculate. I have NO issues with MKVAC or the Officers. The people from MKVAC that I know are excellent. From what I have heard, their Officers are excellent as well. However, rigs go on roads...thus making it important to make sure they fit the roads. I have also heard from people who do or have rode with MKVAC that the rig is to tall for the Saw Mill River Parkway. The rig must stay in the middle of the road to make it under the bridges in Pleasantville. This should be investigated by KBHVAC if they want to use this a a highway/parkway rig. I am not attacking MKVAC, or the MKVAC Officers, or the committee that planned the rig. (I happen to know one of the people who headed that committee) all I am saying is that roads need to be considered when planning something that needs to spend 100% of its time on roads. My apologies to anyone who was offended by my statement...no harm was meant. As far as no one from MKVAC speaking out...ever think just maybe not on this site? This is not the only place people communicate about EMS/FD/PD topics, tips, or issues.

Also, from your age on your profile, I sure as hell hope I'm not your Son...Popsblink.gif

Edited by PFDRes47cue

I wasn't looking for a pissing contest or speculation, I know why they bought it as it was discussed on here, just want to know they are selling it. There are several MKVAC members on this forum, and I hope they will share their experience with us on this chasis so we can all learn.