Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help From Carmel NY. Fire Department Members

20 posts in this topic

My Name Is Jason M. Roberts I Was A Carmel NY. Explore Scout In 1993 I Now Live In Newport News VA. I Am A Member Of The Old Dominion Historical Fire Society. This Is The Virginia Chapter Of S.P.A.A.M.F.A.A. . I Need Help From Any Carmel Member On Here I Just Bout The Old Ladder 12-5-1 The 1964 Oren. From Cold Springs I Need All The Info That The Department Has On It & All The Photo U Can Find. I Got 1 Photo Of This Apparatus But I Like It To Look Like It Did When It Was Sold To Cold Springs

post-19969-0-58253700-1291127928.jpg

My Name Is Jason M. Roberts I Was A Carmel NY. Explore Scout In 1993 I Now Live In Newport News VA. I Am A Member Of The Old Dominion Historical Fire Society. This Is The Virginia Chapter Of S.P.A.A.M.F.A.A. . I Need Help From Any Carmel Member On Here I Just Bout The Old Ladder 12-5-1 The 1964 Oren. From Cold Springs I Need All The Info That The Department Has On It & All The Photo U Can Find. I Got 1 Photo Of This Apparatus But I Like It To Look Like It Did When It Was Sold To Cold Springs

Dude Idk where u got ur Info from but that truck was sold on ebay about 3yrs ago

Dude Idk where u got ur Info from but that truck was sold on ebay about 3yrs ago

Yes I Was Cold Springs NY. Got Her. I Getting Her From Cold Springs But I Like 2 Take It Back 2 When Carmel Had Her

Is this a joke? Also, please learn the english language, its the cool thing to do.

My interpretation of this cryptic message;

He bought this rig.

He's looking for photos and information about the rig when it belonged to Carmel.

Apparently he wants to restore it to what it looked like when Carmel owned it.

Question for the poster: Show us a photograph of what it looks like now, in your possession.

That should clear up whether this a joke or not.

Translation fee: $0

:rolleyes:

My interpretation of this cryptic message;

He bought this rig.

He's looking for photos and information about the rig when it belonged to Carmel.

Apparently he wants to restore it to what it looked like when Carmel owned it.

Question for the poster: Show us a photograph of what it looks like now, in your possession.

That should clear up whether this a joke or not.

Translation fee: $0

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you put that into Google translate or not with an auto detect on the language, but good job if you're right

It was lime green, with a giraffe painted on the side near the turn table. It had a Smith and Wesson lightbar on the roof and was still open cabbed. The aerial was white with CARMEL FIRE DEPT. painted on the side of it. It had 12-5-1 in big gold numbers under the Oren name plate, above the CARMEL NEW YORK decals, and on the rear side compartments. Those were added in maybe 1987 or 88.

The 4 on the doors was replaced with the Carmel FD logo. It was refurbed in 1985/86, to how it looked when it was sold to Cold Spring. The picture you have there is obviously how it looked pre-refurb. The red flashing lights were replaced with a twin red/yellow flashers. I don't have any pictures of it, I'm doing this from memory.

I would suggest maybe you call someone from Carmel FD, or call the firehouse and ask.

i am a member of carmel, were u looking to restore it to its original red condition, or the unflattering slim yellow it recieved during its refurb.....it served both ways during its 38 yr career with us....the above picture is similar to its original delivery condition.

"Mama Boucher: [to Bobby] You don't have what they call the social skills. That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Coach Klein: [it's half-time at the Bourbon Bowl and they're in the locker room] Anybody got an idea?

[silence]

Derek Wallace: Hey, remember the time Bobby tackled the referee by mistake?

[Everybody chuckles]

Lyle Robideaux: Yeah, that was pretty funny. How 'bout the time Bobby tackled the guy from Louisville, and threw him into the stands?

[Everybody laughs]

Guy Grenouille: Y'all remember the time he intercepted the ball and his pants fell off, and he ran for the touchdown bare a**?

[Everybody laughs]

Farmer Fran: Remember the time Bobby Boucher...

[begins to mumble in his southern drawl, and everybody stares at him]

Bobby Boucher: [bobby shows up in the locker room by surprise] Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl do ya?

[Everybody starts cheering and shouting]

"

PFDRes47cue and JetPhoto like this

This post Is a fake post I know the person who posted It he likes playing kids games I remember when coldspring sold this truck on ebay again this is a fake post

Why would somebody bother making the effort? I could see if it was humorous, but it's not even a funny post.

I think what is funny is Jimmy's description of the "refurb". A giraffe? lol

It's yellow, it can reach high places, I can see the comparisons.

It's yellow, it can reach high places, I can see the comparisons.

Well maybe if it had brown spots.....

"Mama Boucher: [to Bobby] You don't have what they call the social skills. That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Coach Klein: [it's half-time at the Bourbon Bowl and they're in the locker room] Anybody got an idea?

[silence]

Derek Wallace: Hey, remember the time Bobby tackled the referee by mistake?

[Everybody chuckles]

Lyle Robideaux: Yeah, that was pretty funny. How 'bout the time Bobby tackled the guy from Louisville, and threw him into the stands?

[Everybody laughs]

Guy Grenouille: Y'all remember the time he intercepted the ball and his pants fell off, and he ran for the touchdown bare a**?

[Everybody laughs]

Farmer Fran: Remember the time Bobby Boucher...

[begins to mumble in his southern drawl, and everybody stares at him]

Bobby Boucher: [bobby shows up in the locker room by surprise] Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl do ya?

[Everybody starts cheering and shouting]

"

Well put...and to the original poster....grow up.

Sorry Guys A Friend Was Playing A Bad Juke On Me. Forget This Post It Not Happen Again

Oh So U Friend Play Bad Juke On U? Is't U Friend Also 1 Member Of S.P.A.A.M.F.A.A. We Not Accept Silly X-Cuse 4 U Juke Gone Bad On U Now. We Tr-Eye Real Hard 2 Help U 2 And Dis How You Play Us Silly Pee-Pole On Dis Burd. We Noe Like U Juke. We De Side U Member of V.ery B.ad J.uke T.eller C.lub A.sso S.ee A.ssion U.f A.nonymous A.ce H.oles.

Half A Luftley Eve Douche Neeng.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just to keep this going and to show what JBE was talking about, here is a picture of the old 12-5-1 after it suffered from Lime Desiease. Credit to the original Photographer

post-17-0-61935500-1291232747.jpg

Oh So U Friend Play Bad Juke On U? Is't U Friend Also 1 Member Of S.P.A.A.M.F.A.A. We Not Accept Silly X-Cuse 4 U Juke Gone Bad On U Now. We Tr-Eye Real Hard 2 Help U 2 And Dis How You Play Us Silly Pee-Pole On Dis Burd. We Noe Like U Juke. We De Side U Member of V.ery B.ad J.uke T.eller C.lub A.sso S.ee A.ssion U.f A.nonymous A.ce H.oles.

Half A Luftley Eve Douche Neeng.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If u cn rd ths sgn, thn u cn gt a gd jb ... (Advertisement seen on N.Y.C.T.A. buses in the late 60's - early 70's)

efdcapt115 likes this

If u cn rd ths sgn, thn u cn gt a gd jb ... (Advertisement seen on N.Y.C.T.A. buses in the late 60's - early 70's)

Good one Garrett! It's very comforting to see your green font back on the board.

Stay well Brother.

Good one Garrett! It's very comforting to see your green font back on the board.

Stay well Brother.

Isn't it amazing that I can remember that poster that used to be on all the buses when I was a kid, but I can't remember things like why I walked into the garage or what did my wife ask me to get out of the refrigerator (no matter what she asks for I always end up coming back with a bottle of beer ...)

Edited by bad box