22 posts in this topic

The Purchase FD recently took delivery of U-10

post-3-0-21171500-1292405084.jpg

post-3-0-25748900-1292405102.jpg

Work Completed By:

TCD - The Cruisers Division

Mamaroneck, NY

Beautiful Truck.....

Just curious as to what you guys have in the bed???

Not a shot at you guys but I saw one similar that was a waste of use as it just had a scott pack and a radio. :o

Any other pics?

Thanks

Edited by x1243

I love the gold leaf lettering. Real sharp.

Beautiful Truck.....

Not a shot at you guys but I saw one similar that was a waste of use as it just had a scott pack and a radio. :o

Any other pics?

Thanks

Why would it be a waste? Have you never had the need for a pick up truck? Ever had 20 rolls of hose you needed to get back to the station to clean? Im not putting that inside an upholstered chiefs truck or back on a rig when it can easily and cleanly be transported in the bed of a pick up truck. That space is not wasted if you have a need and plan for its use. I have not seen the inside but to say if only contains a SCBA and a radio its a waste is a mistake.

Yonkers FD new chiefs cars a pick up trucks with the bed cap and no defined storage space (as in pull out tray etc) is that a waste too?

This is a utility, meaning that it needs to do many things, by filling that bed up with tools and etc you are distinctly limiting the uses of this vehicle, i.e. it is an equipment truck/rescue not a utility.

Good luck with it PFD...

Edited by bvfdjc316

Why would it be a waste? Have you never had the need for a pick up truck? Ever had 20 fools of hose you needed to get back to the station to clean? Im not putting that inside an upholstered chiefs truck or back on a rig when it can easily and cleanly be transported in the bed of a pick up truck. That space is not wasted if you have a need and plan for its use. I have not seen the inside but to say if only contains a SCBA and a radio its a waste is a mistake.

Yonkers FD new chiefs cars a pick up trucks with the bed cap and no defined storage space (as in pull out tray etc) is that a waste too?

This is a utility, meaning that it needs to do many things, by filling that bed up with tools and etc you are distinctly limiting the uses of this vehicle, i.e. it is an equipment truck/rescue not a utility.

Good luck with it PFD...

Easy Killer, I was just wondering if on a daily basis if there were any tools or other equipment in the bed. I understand putting hose in there as well, we do it in my house. We have Rolls of Hose we dont use fools though.

Personally, I think every fire station should have a pickup truck for utility use, fancy or plain. Some departments already do this, and I'm glad to see Purchase is another one.

Is that a plow on the front?

(This is just a periodic reminder and no one has done so on this thread or any others currently, but we want to keep the rule current-remember, this thread is not to question or comment on the need for the truck)

Beautiful Truck.....

Any other pics?

Thanks

Here it is...

This vehicle is designed to respond to service calls (i.e. water conditions and wires down) and for transporting additional personnel to scenes. Having the pump out equipment on the Utility has opened up a lot of space on Rescue 30. This will give us the opportunity to reorganize some compartments and add equipment as well. The bed was fitted with a full size pullout tray. On the tray is 3" trash pump, sump pump, 2 x 10' suction hoses, gas powered generator, and the Con Ed command board. The cap on top of the bed also has side compartments for additional storage space. These compartments hold the discharge hoses for the pumps, pop-up traffic cones, water, hand lights, and traffic vests. I think the vehicle came out great and I'm very satisfied with work done by TCD.

JBJ

Personally, I think every fire station should have a pickup truck for utility use, fancy or plain. Some departments already do this, and I'm glad to see Purchase is another one.

Is that a plow on the front?

(This is just a periodic reminder and no one has done so on this thread or any others currently, but we want to keep the rule current-remember, this thread is not to question or comment on the need for the truck)

That is correct...

An 8' plow also came with the vehicle for removing snow from the apparatus ramp and back parking lot.

JBJ

Edited by JBJ1202

Just out of curiosity, is U-10 equipped with a gas or diesel engine?

RH

Here it is...

This vehicle is designed to respond to service calls (i.e. water conditions and wires down) and for transporting additional personnel to scenes. Having the pump out equipment on the Utility has opened up a lot of space on Rescue 30. This will give us the opportunity to reorganize some compartments and add equipment as well. The bed was fitted with a full size pullout tray. On the tray is 3" trash pump, sump pump, 2 x 10' suction hoses, gas powered generator, and the Con Ed command board. The cap on top of the bed also has side compartments for additional storage space. These compartments hold the discharge hoses for the pumps, pop-up traffic cones, water, hand lights, and traffic vests. I think the vehicle came out great and I'm very satisfied with work done by TCD.

JBJ

Awesome set up, like you said it doesnt tie up an Engine, and also makes more room on Rescue 30. The plow is also a very usefull addition.

Thanks so much for the info and I wish you guys the Best of Luck with it!!!!:D:D

Edited by x1243

Truck came out great. Really sharp looking. I agree very use full piece of equipment if utilized properly. Best of luck with it!!

Great looking truck, awesome work by TCD. I love the color scheme and gold leafing.

JBB, Chief, thanks for all of the info, best of luck with the new U10.

I test drove a 2500HD a few weeks ago and loved it! What an impressive truck, to say the least. Glad to see you guys went with a 2500HD and full crew cab, thus getting more room and power.

A pick-up is a perfect fit for any FD. As stated, it can carry "non-essential" equipment that isnt used every day. Now, you dont have to tie up a front-line rig at a public service call which is great. It also can free up a lot of space on your other rigs. I also like the fact that you have an "extendo-bed," which makes access to equipment soo much easier. Also, good call by purchasing this truck equipped with a plow.

I know that when Buchanan took delivery of their new rescue, they didnt want to tie up alot of compartment space with trash-pumps. There was talk of placing our trash and sump-pumps in their Utility trailer.

Again great looking truck and best of luck with it!

Edited by BFD1054

Good luck with it, I work for Verizon and we started getting Silverado Crew-cab Hybrids this past week- little bit of a waste though they have shelving taking up the rear 2 doors.

I was in the area and decided to drive by. Here are my photos...

5215834721_9c62f14b5d_z.jpg

The new and the old.

5215835337_ac8ca783cd_z.jpg

Why would it be a waste? Have you never had the need for a pick up truck? Ever had 20 rolls of hose you needed to get back to the station to clean? Im not putting that inside an upholstered chiefs truck or back on a rig when it can easily and cleanly be transported in the bed of a pick up truck.

When we would take up from a fire, we would always load the hose back into the hose bed of the pumper. Many times we'd catch another fire before we got back to quarters. I thought that was how most departments operated. I guess I'm out of touch ... It's tough getting old.

efdcapt115 and M' Ave like this

Here it is...

JBJ

Great job with the pick up..what lightbar is that on the back? is it all amber or multicolor? also are there any pics of the interior? thanks

Edited by barbosa10

Very Nice....good luck. Great job by TCD, It looks like U19 from greenville which TCD also did.

Great job with the pick up..what lightbar is that on the back? is it all amber or multicolor? also are there any pics of the interior? thanks

Very Nice....good luck. Great job by TCD, It looks like U19 from greenville which TCD also did.

it is kinda similar to greenville utility 19

Why would it be a waste? Have you never had the need for a pick up truck? Ever had 20 rolls of hose you needed to get back to the station to clean?

Nope, it just goes back in the bed and we go back in service :P

Sharp looking rig. Great gold leave! I'm sure it will serve well for many years.

Another great job by TCD. Best of luck with the new truck Purchase FD!

Very nice best of luck, to bad its not a duramaxx!