Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Nashville, TN Fire Apparatus

8 posts in this topic

This past August, i spent a week in Nashville, TN. During my stay, i tried to get some FD pictures. Nashville is a great City, so i didnt want to spend too much time buffing lol.

I happened to stop by this Firehouse one day. I was greeted by the housewatchmen who told me the rest of the house were out on a training detail. That being said, most of the apparatus that was housed there was out on the detail.

The pictures are of Truck-2, which was less than a year old when i took these pictures. The housewatchmen was more than willing to pull the rig out so i could get some good shots. The only other rig that was there was a Communications Unit. Unfortunately, the lighting was bad and i couldnt get a decent shot of it.

Anyway, heres a few shots of Nashville FD Truck-2, a 2010 Pierce Velocity tower-ladder.

*I aplogize for the sideways pictures. I rotated them, but cant get them to save properly.

post-32-0-98299200-1294180486.jpg

post-32-0-60421800-1294180637.jpg

post-32-0-99765600-1294181371.jpg

post-32-0-78528300-1294181455.jpg

post-32-0-57898200-1294181498.jpg

post-32-0-29570600-1294181541.jpg

Edited by BFD1054
x635 likes this

Heres a few more from Nashville.

The first picture is of the department patch that is on all apparatus.

The other shots are of Engine-2, an International/E-One.

My wife and i happened to be returning to our hotel from downtown when i heard the fire alarm sounding. With this, the hotel started to evacuate and i heard a maintenance man say there was a fire in the laundry room. I took these pictures when Engine-2 arrived on the alarm. This was the engine that was out on a training detail when i visited the firehouse. Lucky for me, they ended up coming to me the next day lol.

post-32-0-23920800-1294182122.jpg

post-32-0-74259200-1294182221.jpg

post-32-0-66802100-1294182268.jpg

post-32-0-57434000-1294182617.jpg

Edited by BFD1054

The last of my FD pictures from my trip.

These pictures are of Franklin, TN Tower-1, a Sutphen mid-mount.

Franklin is just outside of Nashville and is where many of the famous Country music stars live. It is a beautiful area to say the least.

This Tower was just sitting on the median near where we parked. I dont know if its crew was out on a meal run or perhaps doing inspections. Unfortunately i could not locate them to find out more info.

post-32-0-24613200-1294183037.jpg

post-32-0-49573700-1294183334.jpg

post-32-0-11847200-1294183375.jpg

Edited by BFD1054
Alpinerunner likes this

I love that Nashville Tower Ladder! Also, that's a very interesting Q placement on that Nashville Engine...never seen that before.

When I moved down here, I passed through Tennesee. It was not at all what I expecteed. I stopped over in Knoxville, and it was really, really nice! The whole portions of the state I passed through (including Memphis and Nashville) from the highway was very pictureesque. Now, once I crossed the border into the swamps of Arkansas, that's a whole different story!

(BTW, if you went to Nashville for music, you went to the wrong place. Austin,TX-live music captiol of the world!)

I love that Nashville Tower Ladder! Also, that's a very interesting Q placement on that Nashville Engine...never seen that before.

When I moved down here, I passed through Tennesee. It was not at all what I expecteed. I stopped over in Knoxville, and it was really, really nice! The whole portions of the state I passed through (including Memphis and Nashville) from the highway was very pictureesque. Now, once I crossed the border into the swamps of Arkansas, that's a whole different story!

(BTW, if you went to Nashville for music, you went to the wrong place. Austin,TX-live music captiol of the world!)

The new Tower was definately a nice rig. As for the Q, they must have really wanted/needed one lol.

Tennesee is definately a really nice state from what we saw of it. Truly nice people, clean streets and great friedly hospitality.

Yes, Austin, Tx is on my "to visit" list for sure. As for the music, i wasnt disappointed at all. We saw live music from around 10am to closing and that was pretty much every night lol. I needed a week to recover from that trip!

Funny story. We were hoping to see/meet some famous Country singers, but no luck there. Many of them are known to pop in to the bars and do an improptu performance. We were walking downtown one night and i spotted a tour bus. So, we made our way down to it and it was parked in front of Tootsies, a Nashville landmark honkey-tonk (which was the first one we went into when we arrived). There was a large crowd formed, but nobody seemed to know who was inside. Come to find out, it was Kesha (the pop singer) and she was just hanging out. My buddy has pictures of her drinking out of a Jack Daniels bottle while standing on the bar. Ill have to see if i can get it lol. Soo, no Country stars, but we did see a singer.

The rear compartment on engine 2 looks exceptionally large...do the engines there carry extrication equipment?

The rear compartment on engine 2 looks exceptionally large...do the engines there carry extrication equipment?

I work at a fire department about 45 minutes outside Nashville and most engines in this area are commercial trucks like Nashville's Engine 2 shown above. I think though that this is actually a reserve engine as most of their front line trucks are Pierce Contender/Internationals now (though they do have some Arrow XT pumper/tankers). The extrication equipment from what I understand is carried on their truck companies (they have 12) and their heavy rescues (4). I do not believe any extrication gear is carried on the engine companies.

I past through Nashville last August. I had planned on staying the night there on my way to Canton, Ohio, but ended up staying in Goodlettsville instead. :D