Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Spotted:Old Tiller Behind Walter's Hot Dogs In Mamaroneck

9 posts in this topic

Today, while on a photo hunt, we stopped at Walter's Hot Dogs in Mamaroneck for lunch. We ate in their picnic area, and while doing so, we spotted an old/classic tiller that was tightly wrapped under a blue tarp directly behind Walter's in their driveway.

Only a small piece was sticking out, and by the shape, and the piece sticking out, you could tell what it was.

Anyone have any idea about this? Whose it is? Whose it was?

I would have got under the tarp and investigated a little bit lol

very disappointed in you 901, not getting under that tarp, you should be ashamed of yourself.

The tiller belonged to a member of Fairchester Hose Haulers it been sitting there for 20 plus years

The tiller belongs to Gene, the owner of Walters. He had thought of restoring it at one point but hasn't done a thing in years. Except cover it with the tarp. It's been there for years as dc2t mentioned.

Excellent lunch choice, by the way.

If I am not mistaken that rig actually was driven by Ex-PMFD Assistant Chief Warren Lyons in a parade side by side with the VIllage of Mamaronecks tiller when they first got it, hasn't moved since.

It's a1927 Seagrave 75' Aerial, ex Union of M.&R.N. H. & L. Co. No.1 . I'm almost 40 years old and one of my earliest memories is the thrill of going to Walters and seeing the fire truck in the back. A cheap thrill for a little guy to this day ( My father and I brought my little guy down for his first Walters recently, " Truck, Daddy, Truck! )

It is Mam Village Old wooden ladder truck. Iknow several of the vollies down there and happened to ask them where it was. You had to crank the ladder to elevate it. To bring it down 2-3 men had to stand on it. Was a beautiful sight at past parades there.

Wait, Wait one minute!!!! Lets talk about the real important thing here. X635, did you bring back any Walter's dogsfor us? I could go for one right now....YYuummmm!