1. 1. What Company

• Seagrave
    • American LaFrance
    • Pierce
    • Smeal
    • Ferrara
    • KME
    • E-One

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

If you have a Quint and you are going to replace it with a bigger ladder would also get a another Quint and what company would you go with.

Mohegan, 6 months ago, put our second Smeal Quint into service. We now operate a 1996 75' (L-10) and a 2003 105' (L-35). Both trucks are on Spartan chassis. Both seem to work well for us!

if we are tlaking straight stick aieral ladder... no pump.. normal truck... then i choose seagrave.. just like FDNY...

we are talking about new ladder truck that will replace a 75' Quint and looking at getting a bigger ladder truck such as a 100' ft truck and what are your suggestions

If you're considering buying a Seagrave, I'd wait a few months first.

Seagrave will be rolling out a whole bunch of new stuff this year, including new chasis, aerial options and offerings,new components etc etc. It's gonna be an even better company by this time next year.

Myself, I beleive Seagrave, Pierce, E-One, ALF, and Smealare good trucks as long as you spec them right.

what new new things are seagrave coming out with

I hear it will all,or most of it,will be revealed in April at FDIC (Fire Engineering Mag/Fire Department Instructors Confrence Expo, held in Indianapolis I believe)

This year Seagrave has promised to expand their line to include new midship aerials, both straight stick and tower.... there was a large press release on this whole new undertaking in Fire Apparatus Magazine this past month (Different from Fire Apparatus Journal). It sounds interesting.... I just hope that they dont' scarifice quality for quantity and that the cab style does not change.... but from the sounds of it Seagrave is about to take on the big boys with a new factory, increased product line, but with the same quality people building the same quality trucks....... as for who to go with, Seagrave, Pierce..... spec it right and talk to people who already operate them..... you'll be fine...... but I would look at Wallington NJ's Seagrave Quint.....MEAN!!!!!

I have been blessed and have been able to drive a few rigs listed above. The most driver friendly rig is a pierce.