13 posts in this topic

State: New Jersey

County: Bergen

City/Town/Municipality/Dept: Fort Lee Fire Department

Unit designation/identifier: Tanker

Chassis & Body (or Aerial) Manufacturer and model: Sutphen

Pump size, tank size (water/foam), aerial type & length: 2000gpm

Estimated delivery: 2011

The new FL- 3 is due to be delivered sometime in march/april Acording to good source it's going to be a beast of a pumper tanker they are curently using a county loaner will be 3rd sutphen delivered to east bergen mutual joining ridgefield's 2 A Rescue with SVI Body & a 75 foot mid mount Stick unsure of tank & pump @ company 1

Edited by vodoly

Fort Lee has a tanker? Is this because of the extensive highways that run through it? Or the many difficult to access hydrant areas?

On FLFD's Website, FL-3 (located at CO. 3) was a Simon-Duplex tanker / foam unit ( http://fortleefire.org/FL-3.jpg ) and the old FL-3 before the Duplex ( http://fortleefire.org/Old_FL3.jpg). I would assume like Seth said, this was set up for the highways.

yup for the highway's routes 80 95 4 & 46 and 9w all heavy truck traffic areas I am sure it will see use on brushfires too Edited by vodoly

yup for the highway's routes 80 95 4 & 46 and 9w all heavy truck traffic areas I am sure it will see use on brushfires too

i was told Fort lee FL 3 was part of a tanker task force to jersey city during a water emergency a few years back so it will see that type of work too :D

Early june now had a delay on some parts for it saw some pics from the plan a friend had on his I pad LOOKS NICE so far

Its done being built except for lettering VERY IMPRESSIVE

Very nice their ladder 1 has similar bridge type art on laddder board. Delivered last week btw Rumored to be put in service

Edited by vodoly

Very nice their ladder 1 has similar bridge type art on laddder board. Delivered last week btw Rumored to be put in service

FL 3 ran mutual aid to Ridgefield NJ turnpike south bound western extenion early sunday am for a fully involved trailer carrying race car & fuel along with moonachie's tanker & all 3 ridgefield fire companies