Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
64FFMJK

(Discussion) City of Poughkeepsie PD - LODD - 2-18-11

52 posts in this topic

Rest In Peace, thoughts and prayers are with your family and your partners.

Why cant i find this story on LOHUD.com. I know its up in poughkeepsie but they are so fast to post and write about salaries for PD and FD and i cant find anything!!!!!

Rest in peace brother! My condolences to the family and fellow Officers.

I personally know City of Poughkeepsie Police Chief Knapp. I know that he will provide the needed support and resources to help people cope with the terrible tragedy.

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Sad news. Condolences to the members of the PPD. Stay safe out there brothers and sisters in law enforcement.

Edited by batt2

Thoughts and prayers...

Turns out Officer Falcone is from my hometown of Marlboro. Sounds like he died saving that three year old's life. What an amazing act of heroism. I would never want anyone to lose their life in the Line of Duty, but to me this is the purest example of why we all do what we do, protecting someone who can't protect themselves. I'm proud to come from the same place as this Officer.

"Well done my good and faithfull servent" May St. Michael lead you home to God and watch over your loved ones left behind. My prayers to the PPD and the officers family and friends!

Thank you for your sacrifice, you are truly a HERO. RIP brother

Please sign our online condolence card, which will be passed on to Officer Falcone's family and PPD:

Online Condolence Thread

Wake and Funeral Information:

Wake:

Cargain Funeral Home 10 Fowler Ave, Carmel NY

Tuesday 2/22/11 2-4 & 7-9

Wednesday 2/23/11 2-4 & 7-9

Funeral:

St. James Church

14 Gleneida Ave, Carmel NY

Thursday 2/24/11

10:00am

Burial:

Holy Cross Cemetery, Brooklyn NY

**As was toned out to all Dutchess County Fire/EMS members at 1800hrs this date, the City of Poughkeepsie Police appreciate the outpouring of support, for the funeral, all members attending requested in full dress uniform, and respectfully request NO APPARATUS or color guards.

My VAC has been requested to do a standby during the Funeral.

We have been advised that the roads in the area of the Church will have limited access after 7am, those attending please keep this in mind.

RIP Officer - Your dedication to service will be remembered

RIP Officer Falcone, Respectfully AWARDED the City of Poughkeepsies first Medal of Honor. A retired NY Police Detective respectfully donated his own Metal of Honor to Falcone, in the cities absence of having one on hand. "The detective, who risked his own life, said it would be his honor if John had his ribbon." Our deepest wishes go to the family and friends of Falcone. And lets not forget the 3 year old girl Forever Welch, who lost her family, but was saved by our HERO, Detective John Falcone # 22.

ny10570 likes this

It will be one year tommorow since Johnny 22 lost his life in the line of duty...and there isnt a day that goes by that we don't think of him and miss him.

Events of February 18, 2012

A memorial mass in memory of Detective John Falcone will be held at St James The Apostle Catholic Church located at 14 Gleneida Ave., Carmel, NY on Saturday February 18, 2012 at 9:30am. All are welcome to attend.

The City of Poughkeepsie PBA will hold a candlelight vigil on Saturday evening February 18, 2012 at 7:00pm. Attendees will assemble on Columbus Dr outside the Police station and walk to the site where Detective Falcone lost his life (previously Railroad Ave). A prayer will be said in memory of John. Immediately following the street will officially be re-named Detective John Falcone Memorial Avenue. All are welcome to attend.

Parking is available free of charge in the City Hall Parking Garage located at 62 Civic Center Plaza and all Municipal Parking Lots.

post-2837-0-28057400-1329533442.jpg

Edited by x129K
sfrd18, SageVigiles and eric12401 like this

Rest in Peace, Officer. Condolances to his family, friends, and the Poughkeepsie Police Department.