Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Jet powered water cannon

8 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but can anyone possibly think of a practical application for this, other than, Neener, neener, neener, look what we made??

Chinese Deluge Rig

"Just what does $456,000 buy you these days? Well, if you happen to run the fire department of China's Luoyang City, the answer is a jet-propelled water cannon capable of spraying four tons of water per minute."from the linked article.

Huh, 4 tons? You mean they're super impressed with a 1000 gpm (just under) master stream? :blink: While it looks impressive, it appears one could do the same by just over pumping the pressure to a 2" tip? You'll notice the single medium diameter line they have supplying the "cannon". Maybe we can market "insane" fire apparatus to the Chinese and work off some of our national debt. ;)

Alpinerunner likes this

"Just what does $456,000 buy you these days? Well, if you happen to run the fire department of China's Luoyang City, the answer is a jet-propelled water cannon capable of spraying four tons of water per minute."from the linked article.

Huh, 4 tons? You mean they're super impressed with a 1000 gpm (just under) master stream? :blink: While it looks impressive, it appears one could do the same by just over pumping the pressure to a 2" tip? You'll notice the single medium diameter line they have supplying the "cannon". Maybe we can market "insane" fire apparatus to the Chinese and work off some of our national debt. ;)

I was going to say, the math didn't seem right to me in my head when I read that from the article. Looks like they took the 2" tip discharge flow, and made it into a low vapor density/high pressure mister

They also use the Ferrara "Stong Arm" too..............................

Probably would be fairly common on some of the anti-whaling ships and such. They use water cannon's as a defense mechanism.

the former Soviet Union had come up with something similar for mass decontamination of tanks and military equipment that had been "slimed" in a chemical attack, using water and certain chemical detergents, forced through a jet turbine engine mounted on a truck