Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocklandFires

Nyack (Rockland County) West Harrison Firetruck Fire 07/12/11

17 posts in this topic

WTF? Is the pump operator wearing an indian head dress?

Sorry for the loss of a rig..

BFD1054 likes this

Wow... that sucks. That is not E265. It looks more like Rescue 35.

R35 is a 2005 KME Predator 1500/600 Rescue Pumper

Edited by firedude

WTF? Is the pump operator wearing an indian head dress?

Sorry for the loss of a rig..

Looks like a traffic safety vest. Total shame regarding the loss of the rig. It actually looks like Rescue 35 however, a 2005 KME Predator Rescue/Pumper. The only reason why I say this is there is a bar on the grille of R35 while E265 has a Q mechanical siren in that same spot.

Looks like a traffic safety vest. .

LOL..I see it now...wow.

Again - losing a front line apparatus can be devastating, as we have experienced some years ago to an accident.

As long as everyone made it out ok, that's the important thing. Fire apparatus can be replaced.

TAPSJ and FFEMT150 like this

To those interested, the apparatus was indeed Rescue 35. Which is a 2005 KME Rescue /Engine. My THANKS to all that responded from Nyack and Valley Cottage to contain the fire to the point of origin. Unknown how the fire started,outside of it appeared to originate in the engine compartment. The apparatus was being road tested by a mechanic from Ruscon. Truly won't know all the damage until the Rescue returns to KME.

Steve Mancini

Chief

West Harrison FD

As long as everyone made it out ok, that's the important thing. Fire apparatus can be replaced.

Well put!

To those interested, the apparatus was indeed Rescue 35. Which is a 2005 KME Rescue /Engine. My THANKS to all that responded from Nyack and Valley Cottage to contain the fire to the point of origin. Unknown how the fire started,outside of it appeared to originate in the engine compartment. The apparatus was being road tested by a mechanic from Ruscon. Truly won't know all the damage until the Rescue returns to KME.

Steve Mancini

Chief

West Harrison FD

Chief, well put. I am sorry for the loss and I hope a solution is found quickly. R35 was a great truck. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Why it does really put a damper on us looking a piece of apparatus to a fire, its good to see no one was injured during this time.

A few years back, a town by me had a similar incident with a (literally) brand new pumper. The truck was actually being delivered to the company with the dealer rep driving the truck and being ridden by a few members of the company receiving it. Only a mile down the road from the firehouse the truck caught fire and thankfully everyone got out okay. The truck was sent back to the company and rebuilt. To this day the rig has has no major problems since being rebuilt. I believe the cause of the fire was an oil line that was too close to the vehicle exhaust in the engine compartment (unknown if it was something that broke off or was an manufacturing error).

Photo TR54.

post-23-0-93251100-1310581365.jpg

Joe would that have been a yellow alf by any chance?

Yes, aka QF-1 / Engine 31.

I loved Rescue 35. I saw it at a trade show and it was very well spec'd. It was the one with the command center in the cab if I remember correctly? I had always hoped to photograph it, but it will be back in some form.

Stuff like this happens. It's happened to FDNY and other departments using other manufacturers. I don't know what caused the fire, but I hope it was under warranty so that Rescue 35 can be repaired or replaced at no cost.

That definitely sucks :( It was such a nice rig,too. But, like FF398 said, as long as everybody made it out okay. Fire apparatus can be replaced,but people can't.