Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Rye FD new LowBand Frequency

7 posts in this topic

While searching the FCC's database, I found a pending license modification for Rye FD, KEJ252. On this modification is a frequency with only one unit assigned to it at Rye FD HQ. Could this frequency (46.02MHz) be a new Trunked System cross band repeater for Fire 15? Anyone from Rye have any info?

i would recommend firedude but he already saw it lol.. why is it always KE__ like somers is KEC 625 and some others...

-

i would recommend firedude but he already saw it lol.. why is it always KE__ like somers is KEC 625 and some others...

-

If you are asking about the FD's FCC license starting with KE_, it is just the way the FCC assigned them when the application was processed. See this FCC page for Westchester 46.26MHz licenses to show the diversity of the letter/number combinations.

-

Well, there has been some talk about communication, ever since the county switched over to trunked system. Before the trunked system, Rye FD used 46.26 as their main communication freq. This allowed volunteers to hear when the trucks are responding and etc. Now that they have moved to Fire 15, there is no way for volunteers to know if he/she missed the truck and when units have cleared the scene. So, my best guess is that this is a cross band repeater for Fire 15. But again, just a guess!

KEJ252 is our radio ID for our freqs. All FCC stations have a ID. 60 Control's is KED281.

Edited by firedude

Thanks Steve.

Kyle, so you are saying they have a problem with volunteers missing the tones/trucks?

Thanks Steve.

Kyle, so you are saying they have a problem with volunteers missing the tones/trucks?

Yes, volunteers have missed the tones before, but that happens in other departments as well. Because we are a combination department, we have paid staff drive first-due apparatus to the scene. We do have volunteer driven apparatus, but they are not used for every call. Usually volunteers respond straight to the scene in their POVs. However, on Highway calls, volunteers must ride apparatus to the scene. So the missing the truck problem is really only on highway calls.

I think another Rye FD member may be better at explaining this. Any help guys?

Edited by firedude

You can add the new frequency to your existing low band pager and hear everything after the initial dispatch. This might be the reason for it since they respond on fire 15. If you don't have a trunking scanner you are screwed.