Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

What is this

47 posts in this topic

post-5767-0-10250700-1313258711.jpg or the new tracking system from 207a resolutions.

So thats how they know where I go. Hmmmmm

Bnechis and 791075 like this

Mike: Every time you leave the house, cover everything between your navel and your kneecaps with Reynolds Wrap. It disables their ability to track you.

x129K likes this

Mike: Every time you leave the house, cover everything between your navel and your kneecaps with Reynolds Wrap. It disables their ability to track you.

ROFLMAO. We use to tell that to a lady at 666 Pelham Rd. It would keep the space craft from beaming her up. Unfortinatly, she still could not go out, because of the soviet submarines in the lower harbor might get her and the planes dropping jet fuel on her as they were going into LGA.

On a run (FDNY), I asked CON-ED supervisor what these were. He knew the answer! He said that they are repeaters/antennas for CON-ED's new MDT system. That was last summer BTW.

That is CLASSIC!

Should have gone with.....

YES!!! Most definately

post-135-0-00300700-1313275274.jpg

Edited by PVFD113

Firediver;

He may be right. They might belong to Con Ed. But stay on the safe side. Don't remove the Reynolds Wrap until I can confirm and get back to you.

That makes sense that it is a data repeater. What doesn't make sense is that there is an electric meter with every one I've seen. You would think Con Ed wouldn't charge themselves for the electricity. Also there are a few that are with in a few hundred yards of each unit and the you don't see another for miles. Some are in low spots and others in high spots.

BTW. I'm all out of Reynolds wrap Any one have any to spare ???

ROFLMAO. We use to tell that to a lady at 666 Pelham Rd. It would keep the space craft from beaming her up. Unfortinatly, she still could not go out, because of the soviet submarines in the lower harbor might get her and the planes dropping jet fuel on her as they were going into LGA.

Anyone ever watch the submarine races at the lagoon(Shore Rd. just over the Bronx line)?

According to the City of New Rochelle's I.M.E. you are no longer in need of any medical treatment for your job incurred injury. With the wave of the I.M.E.'s wand you are cured !!!!!

Is it the new system that detects gun shots? Either Hartford Bridgeport or New Haven started using it....it can tell the PD dispatcher on a screen the location of the shooting and type bullet fired....the system can detect the difference between a gun shot and a car back fire.

So whats the final answer? Are they in fact for ConEd's MDT system? Or have we not nailed down the definate answer?

So whats the final answer? Are they in fact for ConEd's MDT system? Or have we not nailed down the definate answer?

I don't know what it is. If it's for Con Ed's MDT system why do they have electric meters ?? You would think that Con Ed wouldn't spend money to meter the electric, after all they would just be billing themselves. Also, why would there be 3 within eye shot and 2 more less than 1/2 mile away and then none for miles. I haven't seen these except in the Weaver St and Pinebrook Blvd corridor from Beechmont lake in New Rochelle to Fenway Golf Club in Scardale. Has anyone seen these in other places in Westchester????

They seem to be too close for a MDT system. most PD MDTs can reach the Greenburg tower miles away. Even a low power transmitter should be able to go way farther then the current spacing. I wonder if they are repeaters for ConEd to remotly read the electronic meters that they installed a few years back.

They should be labeled or notify the local municipality in case ther e is a problem with one. Guess we have to wait until someone hits the pole.

Edited by SOUSGT

After a long and sometimes impossible investigation I have uncovered the mystery communication device.

Here's a thought. Cut a wire and see who shows up to fix it.

A wire was cut and the company is pissed. They want to know what you were doing this past Saturday night ????? Actually the storm was to blame.

My guess is probably wireless internet service or cellular phone service.

I was told it's for cell Phone service they are all over the city too on street lights.They are about every 1/4 Mile in the Bronx you just don't see them

We have a winner !!!

Is it for 4g network

The Grand Prize Winner !!!!

The man repairing the storm damaged unit stated that these units are part of the Metro PCS cellular network.

Mystery solved.

efdcapt115 likes this

Could it have something to do with the Indian Point siren system?

No, there's none of those in Ossining. I don't think New Ro would be in the immediate area effected by Indian Point.

It is part of a D.A.S. (Distributed Antenna System) for a 4g wirelss network and wifi. I beleive that Metro-PCS is

behind most of these installs and is currently bulding out its own D.A.S system. Which is what you guys are seeing on the

telephone poles and traffic light poles around the southern westchester area and outer 5 boros, like the BX and Queens.

Don't be suprised if companies like Optimum and such start using this kind of system to enhance services like Optimum WIFI.

For the time though, I think it's only cellular voice and data that it's being used on, to help with capacity issues on the local cell sites.

Ditto what AstroSaber has stated.

A company is applying for installation in the town of greenburgh. NextG

soon to be popping up near you.

http://www.nextgnetworks.net/nextg/solutions/communities/overview.html

It is part of a D.A.S. (Distributed Antenna System) for a 4g wirelss network and wifi. I beleive that Metro-PCS is

behind most of these installs and is currently bulding out its own D.A.S system. Which is what you guys are seeing on the

telephone poles and traffic light poles around the southern westchester area and outer 5 boros, like the BX and Queens.

Don't be suprised if companies like Optimum and such start using this kind of system to enhance services like Optimum WIFI.

For the time though, I think it's only cellular voice and data that it's being used on, to help with capacity issues on the local cell sites.