Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

Training on Forcible Entry

11 posts in this topic

I am interested in hearing a few different things, so let us dive in..

How are you training Forcible Entry? If you are using a prop, how did you come about it? If you made it how easy was it to make? How are you backing up the how you force with why you are forcing as such?

If you are not using a prop, how are you effectively communicating the skills without the hands on? Mimicking the force used on doors around the firehouse? Movies? Etc.

I am curious to see what methodology TO's are using to teach this skill which I think sometimes goes by the wayside in companies not frequently utilizing it, and naturally in those that do it every day.

Thanks for all of your responses and discussion before this gets started, and please post pictures if you have them!

We use a friction force door (which is not the best when it comes to the realty of actually forcing a door, but gets the motions down pretty good) and place that in a large pop up tail gating tent, place 4 walls around it, create a tight hallway using plywood, and smoke it out to zero viability. Full PPE/SCBA on air is worn.

post-172-0-01017500-1314970093.jpg

CFFD117 and x129K like this

NY10570... that door looks awesome but I can't seem to find prices on the site? Any idea?

The Firehouse Inovations door is the best I have seen out there. It comes at a price. Over 6K. I think it's worth it especially if you can work out some sharing agreement. If one dept. has a bail out window and the next has a roof simulator and one has a door you could work out a rotation. You can practice multiple evolutions including spiking the jam. The biggest asset I see is the durability. Ask any FDNY member about the ones at the rock and you will hear that after repeated use they have stood the test of time. Mike is a real knowledgeable guy and can work with you. I'm sure he can answer any questions you have. If someone needs assistance getting in contact with him PM me.

efdcapt115 likes this

Thank you to everyone for your answers, I wanted to get an idea of what everyone else was doing. I see that there is quite a diverse set of solutions to this, and I like that everyone is doing hands on.

Thanks again everyone, you have helped me in what I needed to accomplish.

Get some pre hung doors donated along with some 2 x 4's and of course, locks. Or, make a steel frame with the strike section of the lock out of wood (so you can replace the wood and the strikes). A simulator can get old after awhile. Change it up try different locks and combination's on different types of doors. For through the lock forcible entry drilling. you just need the doors and not the frames or hinges. You can also use 2 x 6's or larger and set up a mock up like a door. Be creative and have fun.

efdcapt115 likes this