Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FireMike

Mount Vernon New Deliveries

26 posts in this topic

Hi Folks. Just wanted to share our exciting day with the Lower Hudson Valley Fire Service. We delivered Mount Vernon's two (2) new Pierce Arrow XT Pumpers and one (1) new Pierce 105' Heavy Duty Aerial today! Mayor Young had a had a nice press conference to announce there arrival. Photos of the trucks at our new Carmel shop are attached along with a copy of the City of Mount Vernon's press release.

Special thanks to: Mayor Clinton I. Young Jr.

Commissioner Noah Lighty

Deputy Commissioner Theodore Beale

Chief Al-Farid Salahuddin

Deputy Chief Michael Lang

Superintendent James Hurley

Captain Michael St. John

Thannk you very much for the business!

Mike Hanratty

VP Sales & Service

Firematic Supply Co Inc

PR_MOUNT_VERNON_GETS_NEW_FIRE_TRUCKS_9-6-11.doc

post-21061-0-04361200-1315430825.jpg

BFD1054, MoFire390, x635 and 3 others like this

Kudos to the City Administration and the Fire Department for making such a commitment to improving the Fire Department during a time when most Departments are being cut severely! Best of luck to the Brothers of FDMV!!

efdcapt115, BFD1054 and x635 like this

Wow I am pleasantly surpised. Good luck to MVFD firefighters. May these new vehicles improve their safety on the fireground.

x129K and x635 like this

Very Nice rigs Good luck Mt Vernon very well deserved. I see engine 3,Ladder 3,does anyone know where the other engine is going??

efdcapt115 and x635 like this

Best of luck to the brothers of the FDMV with their new rigs! Can't say they don't deserve them.

Very Nice rigs Good luck Mt Vernon very well deserved. I see engine 3,Ladder 3,does anyone know where the other engine is going??

The second engine's going to Engine 5 with the New Ladder 3.

x635 and efdcapt115 like this

Holy Jesus, Mt. Vernon got THREE new Pierces? "I think this is the big one, I'm comin' too ya Elizabeth!"

Best of luck, man those are nice rigs.

Yeah yeah yeah, The Vern got new rigs. How about someone just dropped in a Fred Sanford quote with zero recognition. Strong work Cap.

RFR, sfrd18 and x635 like this

Its a great thing that many of us will appreciate, can't wait to see how this will turn into a big political press release! All dressed up with 3 new rigs like they did us a favor! AMAZING!!!!

x635 and 16fire5 like this

From what I am told the ladder is quite the beast, the decking around the turntable is quite thick and the outriggers span out quite a bit. But either way congrats to the Jakes in Mount Vernon!

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Does anyone know where the current Engine 3 (Ferrera) is being reassigned to? (Engine 2 or Engine 6?) and I would suspect that maybe the one that gets the current Engine 3, goes into the Spare Pool as the Spare Engine (Not sure if they currently have a Spare Engine, since the Old Mack CF was put out to pasture (or rather behind Station 2, next to the Foam Rig that NEVER made it into service)

Looks great...best of luck. Per chance, what is rig being sold and what rig is headed for the spare pool?

Now if they could just hire some firefighters to properly man all of the apparatus.

Edited by dadbo46

Why are they moving the Ferrara? Isn't it pretty new?

I don't think any of the new equipment is going to 3rd street. According to the cities press release attached to this thread one engine is going to Station 2 as E-5 with the new ladder (L-3), and the other is going to HQ as E-6. Could be wrong, Jodi or someone would know better.

Edited by Scottyk107

Its a great thing that many of us will appreciate, can't wait to see how this will turn into a big political press release! All dressed up with 3 new rigs like they did us a favor! AMAZING!!!!

LOL! Like they did you guys a favor, weren't they bought with grants?

LOL! Like they did you guys a favor, weren't they bought with grants?

No.

I guess the press release is wrong then.

Capitol improvement funds are from the city itself usually by the way of taxes

I don't think any of the new equipment is going to 3rd street. According to the cities press release attached to this thread one engine is going to Station 2 as E-5 with the new ladder (L-3), and the other is going to HQ as E-6. Could be wrong, Jodi or someone would know better.

Correct. The new rigs will be assigned to Engine 5, Engine 6, and Ladder 3. Both Ferraras will stay where they are. Not sure where the former rigs will go.

Now if they only had enough firefighters to man them

Yeah yeah yeah, The Vern got new rigs. How about someone just dropped in a Fred Sanford quote with zero recognition. Strong work Cap.

If it makes you feel any better, I just read this thread and recognized the quote immediately. Good stuff. :D

sfrd18 likes this

I guess the press release is wrong then.

It clearly states in the press release: "The new trucks were purchased with about $1.8 million in capital projects funds." The word 'grant' is not mentioned anywhere.

Hi Folks. Just wanted to share our exciting day with the Lower Hudson Valley Fire Service. We delivered Mount Vernon's two (2) new Pierce Arrow XT Pumpers and one (1) new Pierce 105' Heavy Duty Aerial today! Mayor Young had a had a nice press conference to announce there arrival. Photos of the trucks at our new Carmel shop are attached along with a copy of the City of Mount Vernon's press release.

Special thanks to: Mayor Clinton I. Young Jr.

Commissioner Noah Lighty

Deputy Commissioner Theodore Beale

Chief Al-Farid Salahuddin

Deputy Chief Michael Lang

Superintendent James Hurley

Captain Michael St. John

Thannk you very much for the business!

Mike Hanratty

VP Sales & Service

Firematic Supply Co Inc