Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

HELP: Trying to Set Up A School Bus MCI Drill

8 posts in this topic

I was donated a mini school bus, and I am looking to set up an MCI / Extrication drill. My goal is to have two sets of tools from two different FD's, several BLS ambulances, and perhaps a Medic. I was thinking about asking a Boy Scout of Girl Scout Troop to be the patients.

Does anybody have any experience in setting up a drill like this? Know anybody who does?

Does anyone have any training slideshows that focus on bus construction, attack tactics, etc.

Does anyone have any videos? Pamphlets, Handouts?

I would also like someone to take pictures of the drill...any of the fantastic photographers on this site interested? (I'm not sure of a date yet)

This idea is in its early stages and I'm trying to figure out a good approach... Any help, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Madison Martineau

Lt - Pleasantville VAC

efdcapt115 likes this

Check out the following from the Owego Apalachin Central School District Transportation Department web site. In addition to a bus rollover simulator they also have a link to a presentation about an MCI drill that they did with a bus vs car incident.

http://www.oacsd.org...ndexTrans06.htm

Impressive. It's good to see someone really thinking and being proactive about things. The level of student interaction and involvement is equally impressive.

PFDRes47cue likes this

Madison,

I am a School Bus Extrication and MCI Instructor in Va. Send me your email and I will give you some stuff if you want.

D

I was donated a mini school bus, and I am looking to set up an MCI / Extrication drill. My goal is to have two sets of tools from two different FD's, several BLS ambulances, and perhaps a Medic. I was thinking about asking a Boy Scout of Girl Scout Troop to be the patients.

Does anybody have any experience in setting up a drill like this? Know anybody who does?

Does anyone have any training slideshows that focus on bus construction, attack tactics, etc.

Does anyone have any videos? Pamphlets, Handouts?

I would also like someone to take pictures of the drill...any of the fantastic photographers on this site interested? (I'm not sure of a date yet)

This idea is in its early stages and I'm trying to figure out a good approach... Any help, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Madison Martineau

Lt - Pleasantville VAC

PFDRes47cue likes this

I actually just completed setting up and executing this drill a week and a half ago for my department (Mahopac Falls). It involved a large school bus and a car with 14 patients and I had 3 other FD's and a total of 6 ambulances. If you want any help or have any questions, pm me and we can exchange numbers. I learned alot in hind sight as well and would like to pass it on. So yep, let me know.

Anthony Nistico, Lieutenant

Mahopac Falls F.D.

PFDRes47cue likes this

Madison,

I am a School Bus Extrication and MCI Instructor in Va. Send me your email and I will give you some stuff if you want.

D

I actually just completed setting up and executing this drill a week and a half ago for my department (Mahopac Falls). It involved a large school bus and a car with 14 patients and I had 3 other FD's and a total of 6 ambulances. If you want any help or have any questions, pm me and we can exchange numbers. I learned alot in hind sight as well and would like to pass it on. So yep, let me know.

Anthony Nistico, Lieutenant

Mahopac Falls F.D.

Thank you. i will definitely be in touch with both of you.

Stay safe!

Madison Martineau

Does the local school district have a bus to donate?? (this bus was orignally on it's side, can't find the photos though.

post-11-0-82300700-1317529595.jpg