Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Somers Looking To Hire Career Firefighters?

125 posts in this topic

I bet a lot of other departments are silently watching Somers to see how this plays out.

if X635 got a copy of the findings i'd like to know where so i could get them also?

X635 I was wondering this myself, I'd love to see it too.

Also why are you getting so frustrated with this? I don't really think anyone is arguing with you that Somers isn't looking for more FFs and what not. No sense getting sick and tired of repeating yourself.

If Somers wants to go paid fantastic, way to be proactive. But I am also confused by one of your statements if you could clarify? You said "The volunteers could follow up quickly behind with the tanker out of Lincolndale followed by a ladder, and hopefully tankers out of Granite Springs and Amawalk, whichever is closest."

I looked on the apparatus listing and it says Somers only has one Tanker and also E188 which I think is a 2000 gallon tank. Did Somers get a new tanker or are you saying they need to buy also another tanker to house at GS FH?

Taxes are one thing and as I think you said in the past the District is charged with providing adaquate fire protection to the district, and lets say Somers cannot (not saying they can or cannot b/c I do not know if they are or not.) but if they cannot then they have no choice to go paid whether that increases taxes or not they by law will have to. I'm sure Somers will do what is right and they always have seemed to in the past, I for one will sit back and watch to see what happens and best of luck to the Somers Fire District and the Department with all of this.

They need a consultant to review the consultant?

Wait, is this Somers of the Village of Croton... ;)

We (the FD) are here to protect the people living inside a house more than the house itself. The proper way of doing that is through quick response times and proper manning, regardless of cost. Insurance companies can replace a house but not the people living inside it. Until now , I thought only non-fire personell lost sight of that fact. Thumbs up to Somers for doing the right thing and trying to provide their community with the best possible service.

Edited by 791075

The one you just bought. With my tax dollars ????

Yes, I think your contribution was $12.

You can have the best water supply in the world, but if you don't have the right equipment, trained firefighters, and an acceptable response time, then I wouldn't even bother working on a better ISO rating. It's firefighters who take that water and put it one the fire.

Conversely, all the best trained and equipped firefighters on the best apparatus available responding in seconds won't do much good without water.

Your point about buliding blocks is a good one but you cannot ignore one block while advancing another. All the blocks are interdependent.

Bnechis likes this

We (the FD) are here to protect the people living inside a house more than the house itself. The proper way of doing that is through quick response times and proper manning, regardless of cost. Insurance companies can replace a house but not the people living inside it. Until now , I thought only non-fire personell lost sight of that fact. Thumbs up to Somers for doing the right thing and trying to provide their community with the best possible service.

None of us can say "regardless of cost" anymore. Look at the decimation of departments (Camden, Hialeah, Oakland, etc.), consolidation, closure and contracting of services, etc. The same is true on the PD side in many places also.

People will not accept "regardless of cost" anymore and are saying so in elections, editorials, budget votes, and with their feet. People are moving out of areas with prohibitive taxes.

efdcapt115 likes this

I wish I could get a few cops to my home in a few minutes like many other towns can do. My town has a part time, day only PD, ans a single trooper car at night. What kind of customer service is that going to provide? I can only afford to buy a certain amount of customer service, so I have to be a good consumer and choose wisely.

Somers has many HUGE parks (Lasdon, Muscoot, North County Trail, Anglebrook)and resevoirs that don't pay taxes, but suck up a lot of real estate.

If you need a few cops at your house you'll get them. The statement that Somers has only one troop car at night is not entirely accurate. The State Police have several units operating out of the Somers barracks at night and if they're needed at your house, they'll respond from other areas/towns and mutual aid can get your more cops than any town can provide.

Comparisons with Manhattan are misleading as well. While comparable in size, there is no comparison in population, population density, or activity. There are probably single police sectors in NYC with the same population as Somers so one troop car is an appropriate level of coverage. If activity warranted more coverage, there would be a reallocation of resources. That's something the State Police can do because they're the STATE police. 59 fire departments in Westchester don't have the same luxury that a single agency would enjoy.

SOUSGT likes this

Conversely, all the best trained and equipped firefighters on the best apparatus available responding in seconds won't do much good without water.

A majority, if not all, of Somer's engines have 1,000 gallon booster tanks. If they were to equip them with CAFS, that water goes even farther. Even without CAFS, if you conserve your water, that's enough to make a rescue or knock back the fire a bit, depending on the situation.

Somers also has plenty of LDH on their apparatus. They can relay pump if needed, or pump off their 3,000 gallon tanker. They can draft off the numerous lakes, and they can also do a tanker shuttle.

In addition, Engines have ground ladders should a rescue need to be made. They can also take the role of a truck company if needed, and vent, enter, and search.

All of this could be accomplished with proper preplans for the area, and a structured response. This would allow for the dispatch of the proper apparatus right away.

I don't care about ISO when I make my statements, I care about firefighter and public safety, and loss of property.

And, EMS is doing pretty well in Somers. IF a paid crew was to be on duty, THEY WOULD NOT be used for EMS First response, since they are there to help the fire side of things.

ISO is not the issue being focused on at this immediate time. You can do all kinds of studies about ISO this and that, but at the same time you're not looking at your bread and butter role.

I understand that ISO is not the focus, my point was it can be used to pay for what clearly is an area that needs improvement.

If these career firefighters are not going to me used for EMS, than the fire side is the bread and butter. Have failing grades in both the hydrant and nonhydrant areas means that fire protection needs to be addressed. Most of the things that ISO looks for is what you need to do to cover your fire protection needs. So you really can not ignor them and expect to solve your fire protection issues. Once you have solved your fire protection needs, then you can ask ISO to lower your rating and give something back to the community for their support of the FD.

Fitch is looking at the ISO long term. BUT, it's building blocks. You can have the best water supply in the world, but if you don't have the right equipment, trained firefighters, and an acceptable response time, then I wouldn't even bother working on a better ISO rating. It's firefighters who take that water and put it one the fire. A number of things can be done to improves this, such as dry hydrants, underground storage tanks, etc. Somers also had numerous ponds and other natural bodies of water. But all that takes even more manpower with an acceptable response time to set up.

ISO is not a building block, its the end result of doing all of those things. Its not working on the iSO, its working on your ability to fight fire and then getting rewarded for it. The water sources you mentioned need to be properly planned out, (and there are formulas used toward ISO that work), most communities do not plan them out they put them where its convinient. Those sources only take more manpower if they are not designed correctly.

The biggest mistake is to wait "long term", because you will never get there. Most depts. in these areas are still keeping apparatus for 20 years. If you buy a rig with the wrong configuration (pump, tank, dump, no squirel tail, no foot valves, not set up properly) then you have committed your dept. to the next 20 years of poor capability. There are great approaches to making giant improvements, but it takes total master planning. Fitch will do a great job for them on the EMS side, but the fire side will take longer and you can not wait for them to get into the fire consulting side to do.

For instance, if they have to go with a paid crew, they would be first out the door with an engine. The volunteers could follow up quickly behind with the tanker out of Lincolndale followed by a ladder, and hopefully tankers out of Granite Springs and Amawalk, whichever is closest. Or a pumper-tanker for those water challenged stations. Does a Pumper-Tanker factor into ISO?

Yes a pumper tanker can factor in, but only as part of a total response plan. Generally the 1st alarm assignment needs a minimum of 6,000 gallons on wheels responding every time. More if the fill sites are farther than 1-1.5 miles away.

I understand about taxes, but if Somers residents are willing too let their neighbors die and homes burn to the ground while they fight about this for 20 years, then so be it.

Most people have no idea what the FD can or can not do and they do not believe they will ever need the FD (ask Bill). Somers fought over ALS for at least 12 years (till it was mandated). Sad to say, but most people do not care about the neighbors as much as they care about their wallet.

That's where they got their start, but not anymore. They are heading in a variety of different directions. Billing and finances are still important, because agencies need funding.

A lot of their work can be easily interchangable with EMS stuff as well.

http://fitchassoc.com/questions-brownouts.html

not according to thier information. Even your link only hints to the fire side. which is where most of the brown outs have occured.

A majority, if not all, of Somer's engines have 1,000 gallon booster tanks. If they were to equip them with CAFS, that water goes even farther. Even without CAFS, if you conserve your water, that's enough to make a rescue or knock back the fire a bit, depending on the situation.

Most engines do not have the space in the pump compartment to reoutfit them with CAFS so the only option then would be to replace most of the fleet. If thats the direction there are many other design items that need to be considered, but too many depts dont consider this as they do not have long term forward thinking plans.

Conserving water only means it takes longer to put the fire out and in the end you will use more water.

Somers also has plenty of LDH on their apparatus. They can relay pump if needed, or pump off their 3,000 gallon tanker. They can draft off the numerous lakes, and they can also do a tanker shuttle.

Earlier you said they are short of manpower, and you can not do all of those things without manpower. Also 99% of the apparatus in Westchester is not designed for effective operations of this type.

In addition, Engines have ground ladders should a rescue need to be made. They can also take the role of a truck company if needed, and vent, enter, and search.

Not if they do not have enough personnel to do their primary job.

All of this could be accomplished with proper preplans for the area, and a structured response. This would allow for the dispatch of the proper apparatus right away.

One of the items that give high points under ISO. Most depts do not do this and it costs them.

I don't care about ISO when I make my statements, I care about firefighter and public safety, and loss of property.

Yes you have made that clear, but you have also said you do not understand ISO.

How do you score well:

Sufficient, well trained manpower.

Tested/well maintained eguipment, positioned to provide a rapid response

Command, a good communications system and preplanes

Water supply (municipal or rural)

Sounds like all the things your asking for.

I don't understand the numbers and equations of ISO ratings like you do, but I sure do understand that it's becoming less and less relevant and there are many flaws with ISO.

The problem is, the community could end up spending more to become ISO compliant. And ISO can be very obtrusive to the way a department operates.

To put a hydrant system in Somers would cost millions.

I, personally, feel that ISO in the fire service is obsolete and irrelenant to modern day fire department operations. Look at Charleston, S.C. FD. They were a Class 1 FD, yet suffered the loss of 9 firefighters because of operational flaws. ISO has no expiration date. They got their Class 1 status 9 years prior. In any city, how many things can change in the period of 9 years? Buildings are built, etc, etc, etc.

And, since there is no expiration date and so many things can change, when a fire department gets to Class 1, then what? Can they start slacking off, or report deterioration in services to the ISO, and raise their rating? Hey community, we're Class 1! You're going to save on your insurance! But, are they really going to benefit from that in the long term? With today's economy, how many departments are going to suffer from retrogression? How many departments are going to report it? What is the ultimate penalty? How much is it really going to cost in the long term?

A lot of the stuff that will improve your ISO rating belongs in a firefighting musuem. They've really failed to adapt their model to the current equipment we have nowadays.

Let's say Somers does build a hydrant system, and the town Water Department handles it. Or they contract with a company like United Water,, and says they will deliver the water and relieve the town of that responsibilty. Who ends up maintaing the hydrants? How much is United Water going to profit? What pressure are they going to maintain? How many firefighting positions will be lost because of the hydrant system? Also, try getting a map of hydrants and mains from United Water! I'm not singling out United Water, just using them as an example since I have experience with them. This could be any other company.

Also, where do they bump heads with NFPA standards?

I feel you can save more on your insurance by being compliant with building codes, having a hard wired link to a monitoring station for a security, carbon monoxide, and fire alarm system. A residential sprinkler system will drop insurance premiums even more. Heck, my insurance company abandoned ISO years ago! What will happen when a Fire Chief goes to the City Council and preaches how lowering ISO will result in insurance savings. Say one of those council members is a State Farm customer. How is the Fire Chief going to explain that?

And firefighting should be rated on performance, not by highly variable statistics. Today, their are other orginizations I feel are much more relevant to become accreddited by. ISO has failed to evolve, they are not what they used to be, and failed to focus on modern day fire protection and saving lives.

Today, ISO is just a selling point to justify fire department expenditures to the public. And, wih how complicated ISO is, it's almost impossible for the average citizen to really understand properly.

I don't understand the numbers and equations of ISO ratings like you do, but I sure do understand that it's becoming less and less relevant and there are many flaws with ISO.

The problem is, the community could end up spending more to become ISO compliant. And ISO can be very obtrusive to the way a department operates.

Actually its becoming more relevant as they are being reviewed on their upgraded system by almost every states insurance commissions.

I see many communities (including a few in Westchester) that have claimed they need a tower ladder for ISO improvement, when ISO does not say that need one. You could spend a lot of money for improvements if you do not understand the system. I am not advicating they spend for ISO, but they benifit from it.

To put a hydrant system in Somers would cost millions.

Yes it would, and I am not suggesting it, niether is ISO.

I, personally, feel that ISO in the fire service is obsolete and irrelenant to modern day fire department operations. Look at Charleston, S.C. FD. They were a Class 1 FD, yet suffered the loss of 9 firefighters because of operational flaws. ISO has no expiration date. They got their Class 1 status 9 years prior. In any city, how many things can change in the period of 9 years? Buildings are built, etc, etc, etc.

Charlston was 1 of 43,000 depts and they even admitted that they did many things to look good in ISO's system. But the leadership did not believe in any of the things they were doing. 2 examples: they bought ladder trucks to meet the minimum distances, but the chief did not believe in them and would order them blocked out. Another is ISO credits a combination of different hose sizes & lengths. They never considered that a dept would use the wrong one. Is a booster line ok on a rig? sure, just not for a warehouse fire.

ISO has an experation date, they resuvey every dept. and send out an annual survey, which asks what has changed.

And, since there is no expiration date and so many things can change, when a fire department gets to Class 1, then what? Can they start slacking off, or report deterioration in services to the ISO, and raise their rating? Hey community, we're Class 1! You're going to save on your insurance! But, are they really going to benefit from that in the long term? With today's economy, how many departments are going to suffer from retrogression? How many departments are going to report it? What is the ultimate penalty? How much is it really going to cost in the long term?

Again there is an expiration. In addition, depts are annually serveyed, if they fail to report a major drop in service, their notice says its called Insurance fraud and based on the millions involved, its a major deal. In addition, if the dept., say lays off FF's or closes fire stations, anyone (including those layed off) can and do notify ISO.

A lot of the stuff that will improve your ISO rating belongs in a firefighting musuem. They've really failed to adapt their model to the current equipment we have nowadays.

Again you said you do not know that. So many of those items (and yes the list is kind of silly) are based on NFPA 1901, but the 1980 edition. They developed their equivalency list. This list allows you to supstitue CAFS, TIC and Extrication Tools for older "historic" equipment and get points. Last year ISO changed the standard to make all of the equipment and many of the other components based on the latest version of NFPA standards.

Also, where do they bump heads with NFPA standards?

Care to explain? I don't know that they do.

I feel you can save more on your insurance by being compliant with building codes, having a hard wired link to a monitoring station for a security, carbon monoxide, and fire alarm system. A residential sprinkler system will drop insurance premiums even more.

I have a monitoring alarm and it saves exatly what it cost me for the service. You are correct that residential sprinklers will save more, but almost no one is adding them to anything but new construction. We have 15,000 homes that would need them.....not likely to happen.

Heck, my insurance company abandoned ISO years ago! What will happen when a Fire Chief goes to the City Council and preaches how lowering ISO will result in insurance savings. Say one of those council members is a State Farm customer. How is the Fire Chief going to explain that?

State Farm & Allstate wanted to abandon it and only Texas and 2 other states let them. Allstate came back after about 6 years and they determined that they lost more money not using it. In NYS its required by state law of all insurance companies.

And firefighting should be rated on performance, not by highly variable statistics. Today, their are other orginizations I feel are much more relevant to become accreddited by. ISO has failed to evolve, they are not what they used to be, and failed to focus on modern day fire protection and saving lives.

Yes they should, and in non-hydrant areas they are rated on performance, hence the poor ratings of most depts. The statistics are not highly variable, the insurance industry would not gamble trillions (since 1904) on it if it was not based on a highly accurate set of statistics. In fact one of the executive fire studies at the NFA looked at it and found that civilian death & injury statistics actually are affected by the PPC #.

helicopper likes this

Boy if you all came and joined Somers VOLUNTEER fire department we would have one hell of a department seeing as you all know what is best for us!!!!

Boy if you all came and joined Somers VOLUNTEER fire department we would have one hell of a department seeing as you all know what is best for us!!!!

It's not about volunteer vs. career, and I'm getting sick of saying this....but since you emphasized "VOLUNTEER", it's not about that, it's about increasing staffing and decreasing response time. A very basic concept. By your profile, it says commisioner. I would assume Somers by your statement and profile. I would figure that the career decision is abour if you could get x amount of firefighters in x amount of minutes. Doesn't matter if they get a paycheck or not. I'm suprised you wouldn't want to open your mind to new ideas and concepts. But, after all, it's your decision at the end of the day to put the safety of your firefighters and citizens first, and politics second. Shake it off, nobody is trashing Somers at all, in fact, just the opposite.

helicopper likes this

If you are smart, you are taking notes being as the information being offered here for free, you'd have to pay for from a consultant.

Bnechis, BFD1054, grumpyff and 2 others like this

Commissioner, I have enjoyed reading this thread and I have even learned a few things from some knowledgeable individuals. It seems that you are a bit resentful of this discussion regarding your department's operations and plans for the future being discussed. Why?

Please feel free to contribute your knowledge, experience and opinions to this topic.

Oh, and qtip...

x129K, JohnnyOV, 791075 and 2 others like this

I'm not sure the theme here is necessarily telling SFD what is best. Seth and one of your members have provided some unique discussion points and opinions. Others have discussed the merits of their ideas vis-a-vis the financial impact of staffing and ISO and other discussed items.... If a consultant offered the same type of commentary would it not be valuable or is it just difficult to hear constructive conversation amongst your peers as opposed to a consultant who you don't ever have to see/hear from again after their work is done? You don't have to agree with anything that is said in this forum, but as an elected official of your department use it as a tool for future decision making.

I'm still waiting to hear where i can get a copy of this report like X635 did. seeing as to my knowledge it hasn't been made public yet.

As for the statements from the other member of Somers it is sad that a member of the department has such a low opinion of the department and its members and feels he needs to air that in a public forum. I personally am appalled.

As for the statements from the other member of Somers it is sad that a member of the department has such a low opinion of the department and its members and feels he needs to air that in a public forum. I personally am appalled.

Really? If I were you, I'd be more appalled that I wasn't providing the very best service as efficiently as possible. I'd be less appalled that someone is working on improving the situation.

BFD1054 likes this

Really? If I were you, I'd be more appalled that I wasn't providing the very best service as efficiently as possible. I'd be less appalled that someone is working on improving the situation.

Are we talking about the same thing here. i think not. If everyone on here would do as much as needed to be done for there jurisdiction and spent less time worrying about everyone else's department there would be nothing to discuss. but everyone here knows whats best for everyone else. got to love this site.

Are we talking about the same thing here. i think not. If everyone on here would do as much as needed to be done for there jurisdiction and spent less time worrying about everyone else's department there would be nothing to discuss. but everyone here knows whats best for everyone else. got to love this site.

No one is worrying, in fact, people are applauding Somers Commissioners for exploring the possibility of providing a service that can only enhance the service that is in place. There is no bashing, only constructive ideas that others (mostly career firemen with decades of experience) are bringing to the table to help you out... free of charge. This is basically pro-bono consulting with limited information on your situation.

Let your ego aside, embrace the fact that people are looking out for you and trying to help, rather then throwing you to the dogs. You currently have unlimited time to make this work, and work well. I would rather have 1000 different people try and help so there are 1000 different viewpoints on the topic, then only 5 people with almost no diversity on an issue. If time was a pressing issue, which right now it does not appear to be, then you would need that 1 guy making all the choices. But since this is not a state of emergency, and this is a democracy, explore ALL of your options, truly weigh the pros and cons of every choice that is out there, and make a choice that works for your district, and serves your customers the best choice that THEY are willing to pay for.

Edited by JohnnyOV
BFD1054, 791075 and dashield like this

If everyone on here would do as much as needed to be done for there jurisdiction and spent less time worrying about everyone else's department there would be nothing to discuss. but everyone here knows whats best for everyone else. got to love this site.

This pretty much sums up the problem with the fire service in Westchester County....

The vast majority of departments in Westchester have no interest in talking to each other about best practices, resource sharing, and overall brainstorming. With the exception of Yonkers, White Plains, and maybe New Rochelle, there are few fires (even room and contents) that are covered by just one department.... But no one is open to listening to the educated opinion and discussion of their neighboring departments senior members.

Most Westchester County fire departments spend more time at other peoples fires than they do their own.... So by that fact alone your statement about spending less time worrying about everyone else is backward. What each department should do is find the departments that consistently run second due into their territory and get a fresh set of opinions on how things go and what can be done to improve. Doesn't mean you have to do what your neighbors say, but wouldn't it be valuable to hear it?

ny10570, JJB531, BFD1054 and 2 others like this

What each department should do is find the departments that consistently run second due into their territory and get a fresh set of opinions on how things go and what can be done to improve. Doesn't mean you have to do what your neighbors say, but wouldn't it be valuable to hear it?

If I could like this more then once, I'd like it 100 times. Self evaluation only goes so far.

I find it amzaing that some people on this forum are more informed then the firefighters in this dept!!

As a resident taxpayer of Somers I want to know how people have gotten their hands on the study and know what it says? The study has not been accepted by the fire district and still in draft form and not released to the residents in this town, the people that have paid for it and whos lives and property depend on it are not allowed to see it so how can you know what it says?

I am definetly intrested in how you know so much about this report but yet no one else does. Sounds like someone in the district can't keep there mouth shut and is releasing this information to who they want to. I wonder what the news papers and public are gonna say about this when it comes out that the fire district is releasing information that is not offcial?

Also, as a memeber I think it is all pathetic on both sides, and isnt amazing that the district is keeping a close eye on this and no memebers know that they are being watched. What standards are they going to use to decide how many, with what equipment, and in what time

I'm going to stay out of this after this last comment...

But I really believe that there's a lot of people here making assumptions about current conditions in Somers based on little to no facts.

Fact is, the manpower report has NOT been released. Fact is, I haven't seen any reliable stats about manpower or response times in this thread.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea to research this option. It's not. But I can't agree with the member who started this all. That's his subjective opinion. I also don't believe this is the opinion of any other members. If we analyze our last 5 structure fires, all have been responded to and extinguished quickly and without extension past the origin.

I think we all need some facts before we go and assume things about the situation in Somers. That's all. And realize as I said before that effective leaders can motivate people to come out and help out.

Eventually, hiring career firefighters will be the way to go in Somers and many other communities. The question is when this needs to happen. Currently, that is exactly what Somers is looking into.

Manpower information will be available in December, upon conclusion of this phase of the study. The study, upon which reccomendations will be based, is not yet conclued either. Since the consultants are trying to get an accurate look at the way Somers FD is operating, they don't want to provide any details that may change operations to intentionally flaw the study, which now is too late to do.

A LOT of this information was presented in a public meeting, with a question and answer session. I don't know how many Somers FD members attended this meeting, or regularly attend Board Of Commisioners meetings, and voice their opinion or pose their questions there.

I get my information from a variety of sources, and none of which came from any Commmisioner. From what I understand, they are under a "gag order", so to speak. I also respect those who wish to remain anonymous. I confirm my information by using another independent source, and if what they say is similar, I do a few other things to make sure it is 99.9% credible. Wait a few years, and then see how credible my information is. I don't want to come off the wrong way, but through this website, I've come to know many, many people.In fact, that's how this website started.

All I can say to all the volunteers I'm obviously pissing off in Somers is.....keep going to calls, and do whatever you can to inrease manpower while decreasing response times. And to those I am pissing off, which are you more concerned about the public, or politics? Let the ones you voted for and appointed to lead the department, including Chiefs right down the line to Lt's, worry about the staffing and response times. You guys should worry about keeping the equipment ready to go, keeping fit, and keeping yourself and the community safe, no matter what it takes. You're only as good as your last fire. Go and kick ass, and keep it up, no matter what happens with the study or anything else.

And, "Career" is not a bad word, especially if Somers has a residency preference. Many current Somers volunteers can end up becoming Career Firefighters IN Somers, IF that becomes neccesary. They'd also be eligible to transfer to other departments. I know there has to be a few members of Somers FD that would enjoy firefighting as a career, right?

Somers FD members: Check the ego about being a volunteer department at the door. Chances are, Somers could stay volunteer for the foreseable future. There are many people looking out for your benefit. Don't fight whatever needs to be done. Please show the county that one of your best assets is an open mind......and whatever happens, keep setting an example for other departments and blazing a path through tradition to progress. It will only benefit you and the community, and the fire service in the area as a whole. "If Somers can do it, we can do it".

grumpyff, efdcapt115 and INIT915 like this

I know I ve come across strong about this topic and surpisingly it is not about the vollie vs. paid / or should Somers go paid...I have my own opinions about that.

What honestly gets me going is the source of your info and how it is being released into the world.

The meeting you speak of was a normal budget meeting where none of the study was discussed until the members questioned it. When asked if a copy could be provided were told that nothing would be released until the reoprt was accepted, WHICH IT HAS NOT BEEN ACCEPTED!

So speaking to the people at the meeting alot of the information you have posted hear wasnt talked about. It sounds like its directly from the report itself. So it remains how and why was this information released?

My humble opinion is that the info you re getting is compromised in some way or your hearing alot from people who are BSing you or are in 'the know' and releasing info that should not be released.

That is a fact. No one from the public knows exactly what this reports says, and it was not discussed in any detail at any meeting nor did the district wish to release this information until they temselves reveiwed it and made it public.

DISCLAIMER: I am not going after you and I apologize if it seems that way. I am mostly angry that this reports details seem to be available but not to the people that it will impact most.